Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Marijuana (oral) - TRIP REPORT - Edibles

scaturday

Greenlighter
Before I explain what happened:
(Didn't have a scale, but half a zip lock bag's worth of partially ground bud
Decarbed, then ground and simmered with melted butter for 30 mins, butter turned out near-black in colour. Mixed in with the brownie ingredients and you know the rest

Ate one, didn't feel anything for about an hour so decided to have another one. Almost instantly started feeling it, within about 10 minutes I'd gotten myself into an open-eye "body high" trip. My connection with reality was fading in and out, I didn't feel sleepy or tired yet my body kept trying to make me close my eyes, and when I did I would have intense dream-like episodes (while still being fully awake and mildly responsive to real life) where I would be removed completely from the current situation. I tried to stay awake by watching TV, but all the dialogue and images didn't "process" and didn't make any sense, and my partner would talk to me but I would only understand pieces of what was happening.

Meanwhile, I was insanely in touch with my body and somehow made physical contact with alternate universes/timelines. Time was breaking around me, I felt my memories warping inside my mind, and my body was physically feeling vibrations from my own movement inside other timelines, and more and more of these realities were folding around me, stacking on top of one another, creating a multidimensional layer cake around my body, and felt like water. I could see some parts of these realities layered on top of the one I was coming from, like a 3d warp in the fabric of the present. I kept moving my body to try and connect myself to my alternate selves. I'm struggling to put it into words because it was so physically intense. I wasn't scared, moreso feeling overwhelmingly enlightened, I could hear music that wasn't playing and felt my still body move while seeing it both still and moving at the same time.

Going to sleep was very difficult as visuals would come from having my eyes shut and I don't remember anything that happened after I got into bed to sleep, aside from taking melatonin pills

I've never done psychedelics, but had done edibles before and hallucinated. This was super intense though and did kind of "break the 4th wall" for me.
Have any of you ever experienced anything like this off green only before? Plz share :?

substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabinoids
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_neutral

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally have had multiple experiences combining meditation and smoking. I have had full blown visuals while doing a chakra mediation, and once i reached the crown chakra I experienced a blinding flash of light, followed by a circle of balls of light rotating ahead and above me. I have also experienced what felt like traveling through a rectangular tunnel of constantly changing colours just from smoking and lying in bed with my eyes shut and music playing. Cannabis is not normally portrayed as heavily psychedelic but it certainly has its moments if used correctly.

Hey, thanks for sharing. Yeah, marijuana can be pretty intense, semi-psychedelic and in some ways it can be just as intense, especially on a strong dose of edibles.

Interesting. For me, cannabis is kind of like there's a few different levels of being high that are kinda unique unto themselves in a way yet they all kind of blend together just that there's kind of a progression. I use edibles exclusively because of my asthma (mild and not like serious attacks or anything, just incredibly fucking annoying) but did smoke for a time before I knew that the smoke was the cause of my asthma attacks. Thank God I didn't just do like a lot of people would do and stop smoking, even though I hadn't gotten high much..... I knew that I wanted to and figured another way. Actually, taking edibles is benefical for my asthma and when I take them I never need to use my nightly inhaler. First, there's just the buzzed and happy stage...... then a bit more and things start to get a bit strange at times and sometimes maybe some weird stuff with your eyes closed and things of the sort. Then, there's a certain point where for me things just start to take on a very trippy quality and it kind of reminds me of the times I was on classical psychedelics yet it's not really a psychedelic experience in its own right or anything at all, not like anything that sticks with me or anything like that, just a throwback to the sensations of tripping (I've done a pretty good amount of classical psychedelics, probably 40 trips or so in the 5 years I've been doing them). Now, it doesn't typically prevent me from just having regular conversations and all. And I sometimes even go out to clubs/parties while in that extremely high state and have a great time (though still if I'm really, really high like that I usually end up just going home after not too long and just chilling by myself).

Prior to doing classical psychedelics though, cannabis had almost kind of a dissociative quality to it when I would get way too high, kind of like this really. I wouldn't really be sociable at all or anything with people, just totally zoned the fuck out if I got too high. And also it was like you said, like multiple internal realities happening at once, which was just really strange yet I found it fascinating. Often times, I'd just be kind of doing my normal stuff but kind of experiencing this weirdness in a way that I was able to just kind of do other things if I felt like it...... but could still kind of zone out into it if I wanted to.

However, I had one experience in particular that was intense, far, far beyond any of my other experiences with it by 1,000 times. No clue how this happened. At the time, I worried afterwards that it could have been laced or something but I very much doubt it as I was most likely just the highest human being on the planet, not even exaggerating =DI was in my room by myself after taking the edibles and just started laughing my ass off =D Then, over an hour or so I progressed to just thinking about very, very strange things...... then just wound up stumbling around mumbling to myself and making up nonsense words, just talking gibberish to myself for my own entertainment. And then ultimately got the munchies and somehow would up going in the bathtub and then suddenly puking and whenever I closed my eyes, there was like this mental train of images and all sorts of music and strange clicking sound that wasn't exactly even a clicking sound, just a weird sound like a sudden rush of air that sounded like a click. I was able to read, yet I as I was talking to myself I wasn't able to use actual words because of forgetting them (or thought I did in the moment at least, yet I didn't as I was able to read stuff on the computer fine..... so I have no freaking clue what was going on actually). Then, I just wound up passing out on my bed like 6-7 hours after I took the edibles...... and woke up at like noon the next day, still high!!!! :? I just was dizzy as fuck and still felt completely baked, and then I just walked around town for a while and did some random stuff since I knew I didn't have any class or work...... otherwise I wouldn't have set out to get this high the night before (which prior to this I didn't even know was possible even i theory though). Throughout the day, I was just kind of high/buzzed even after the dizzy feeling kind of went away in the early afternoon...... until maybe 7 at night or so when I actually felt sober again and after not too long went to sleep again. It was a crazy experience, and then it repeated itself when I had the same amount of that same strain....... literally the BEST weed I ever had.

When I'd have lower amounts of it, it was still just a "thicker" feeling high. Can't exactly describe it. The stuff was insane. Even like a quarter of a gram would get me completely fucking baked. Not like that or anything, but I'd be high enough for things to start getting "weird" and dissociated mentally to some degree. More than that, and I would just start getting progressively more fucked up and closer to being totally gone. Other strains were never really like this. Yeah, I'd get extremely high off other stuff and have plenty of times, but it was never to the point where I was anywhere near as far gone as this stuff would get me. Worst part, is I have no idea what strain the stuff was or anything :( Really wish I did though, but it was simply said to be some sort of "hybrid". That's all I know about this mythical and amazing strain :\

We cannot guess if your cannabis was laced, but this kind of trip could happen with regular cannabis. You may want to check in the future, if your cannabis has been laced. Some people can taste it when smoked. if you take a hit and trip, it might be laced. We simply don't know. Be careful. Thanks for the trip report.

It was straight from source, I got it directly from farm

I feel this hey! I've been out on edibles and usually just either end up doing some strange shit with my body, and either have to hide in the couches or get kicked out lmao. Some strains definitely give you a "textured" high, it's pretty hard to explain hahaha, everyone thought I'd done acid lmao. I once got a case of the giggles on some amazing bud and my partner locked me in the bathroom because I wasn't on the planet per se, lmao

Definitely, especially if you're in the right setting for it, the closed eye visuals are awesome if you can mentally stand them

Last edited by a moderator:
We cannot guess if your cannabis was laced, but this kind of trip could happen with regular cannabis.

I agree. I actually smoked a gram to the face today and I feel kinda similar to the report.

Hey just thought I'd mention something! Obviously THC is what gets us all high, but when you eat cannabis, your liver is able to convert more of it to 11-hydroxy-thc, which is more powerful than the typical delta-9 thc.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this off green only before?

yeah, I've had some really intense visuals from edibles. mostly the vivid visuals seem to occur when you've pushed the dose up a bit higher than is comfortable, at least in my experience.
I would normally aim to dose lower if I'm getting hallucinatory effects - there's often a bit of a heavy bodyload on doses like that.

nice profile pic, btw.
bloody abbott - jeez :D