• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis overrated??

dudunabo2002

Greenlighter
I had never smoked weed before, although I have already popped hella xans. I was quite curious about trying cannabis, and when I tried, I felt absolutely nothing (I smoked hash). Is anything wrong with me or is cannabis just too weak?

I remember the first time I got high I thought "this is it?? this is what my friends are obsessing over??" and then after about the 3rd time getting high I was absolutely in love. It's hard to explain. Cannabis is a partial antagonist so it's high isn't as overpowering as something like opiates and their is a ceiling to how high you can get. Many people report uncomfortable or unpleasant side effects from smoking weed.

Personally I didn't really like it until about the 3rd time I smoked. I decided to go on a walk with a pipe and a small amount of cannabis, took about 2 or 3 rips spaced over a half an hour with my headphones in and fell in love.

taken from the Wikipedia article on THC:
"While tolerance may limit the maximal effects of certain drugs, evidence suggests that tolerance develops irregularly for different effects with greater resistance for primary over side-effects, and may actually serve to enhance the drug's therapeutic window" so smoking weed may actually be more pleasant with a tolerance.

Xanax is lame imo. I didnt feel anything from hash i just got sick and tired. The second time though, wow! Talk about a trip. If you like just feeling out of it and not at all into the spiritual meditative aspect I dont think you will every really be able to fully apreciate cannabis. But some people. If you are someone that likes depressants like xanax, pot might not be your favorite since it sedates amd stimulates at the same time. Maybe try some coke, youd probably like that.

Xanax is lame imo. I didnt feel anything from hash i just got sick and tired. The second time though, wow! Talk about a trip. If you like just feeling out of it and not at all into the spiritual meditative aspect I dont think you will every really be able to fully apreciate cannabis. But some people. If you are someone that likes depressants like xanax, pot might not be your favorite since it sedates amd stimulates at the same time. Maybe try some coke, youd probably like that.

LOL, try some coke totally (please dont, its not a fun addiction)

Weed is my favorite. I've done damn near every drug. Cannabis is the only one I'd miss if they all disappeared (after withdrawing from kratom and amphetamine I use now.)

I'd miss dissociatives too I guess but not to the same extent.

Weed is my favorite. I've done damn near every drug. Cannabis is the only one I'd miss if they all disappeared (after withdrawing from kratom and amphetamine I use now.)

I'd miss dissociatives too I guess but not to the same extent.

Have you tried A. Muscaria?

Isn't there a reverse tolerance with cannabis sometimes? I know I didn't get much effect the first times I smoked.

As to it being overrated, I'd disagree. I think it's fantastic. Wish I had gone this way sooner rather than fucking my life up with alcohol.

And not for nothing, but if scores and scores of people do something, there's probably something in it for them. People aren't stupid by and large.

All that being said, it might just not be for you, that's entirely possible.Were you on xanax at the time? Benzos blunt the effects of weed for me a bit.

Cannabis is an amazing plant and not overrated at all. It is the most widely used illegal substance. It simply relaxes your body and gives you a strange but nice head and body fuzziness. It can almost seem like time slows down and your perspective on life and your environment also changes. It increases your appreciation for music substantially too and makes you incredibly hungry about 1-2 hours after you smoke. It's also linked to sexuality, so in a comfortable setting it can make a person horny and just overall happy.

Isn't there a reverse tolerance with cannabis sometimes? I know I didn't get much effect the first times I smoked.

I'm starting to notice that it is not necessarily a reverse tolerance with cannabis, but people just don't inhale enough or the bud is not very high quality and that's why they say they did not get high their first couple of times.

Some people who smoke cannabis for the first time have no effect, but on the second time they get the full effect. I forget the reason for this.

This is what happened to me. I smoked a whole joint on my first smoke and next to nothing happened. I assumed cannabis didn't work on me. The second time, a year later, I smoked another whole joint. My friends and I were about two miles out on the prairies in the middle of winter in -30C weather. I got so wrecked I couldn't even walk straight and if it weren't for following the guy in front of me I would not have known which way the town was.

mate take a joey diaz star of death and u wont be saying cannabis is a weak plant

Back in college, I met someone who hadn't had amazing experiences with weed, saying that when she smoked it, it just made her feel "more drunk." (Haha, maybe she should've tried it when not drinking? Oh well.) The day I met her, I bummed some cigs from her and we talked awhile, and I offered to smoke some with her in exchange for a ride to jazz ensemble practice.

I had some pretty good shit (I think it was Bubbleberry), and she took two hits and refused anymore. She didn't talk much after that and I assumed the experience was a waste, but she told me later she sat in the campus library in a chair while tripping the fuck out -- intense CEV's, swirling shapes, you know the drill. At one point she stood up and said out loud "Fuck I'm so high" right in the midst of a crowd of students. Fun times.

I don't know if cannabis is overrated in a general sense, but I do get the feeling that many people are put off by the public persona of weed culture. It's easy to get annoyed when potheads sing the weed's praises in ways that make it some cure-all wonder substance that's not even, like, a drug man, it grows out of the ground man, it cures cancer and makes everything just groooovy, 420 hey hey smoke weed erryday!

It's funny because, personally, cannabis IS these things for me. I didn't get overwhelmingly high the first time I smoked it, but maybe it was the circumstance and the camaraderie with the people I did it with that helped me associate weed with good times, chilling out with friends and people you don't know, all sharing something personal and fun and slightly psychedelic.

Over the years, weed was my baseline drug. Still is, actually. It didn't matter what other drugs I tried or what opportunities life afforded me; I always came back to weed. Whenever I tried other drugs (especially psychedelics, dissociatives in particular), if I wasn't able to get stoned at some point in the experience, it never felt whole or complete to me. I used it for day-to-day functioning, including work, which I heartily do not recommend; there's nothing like working a full shift and coming home and getting stoned. I grew up with a nervous stomach, and cannabis was the perfect tool to combat this whenever I needed it. Socially, when I was younger, I used weed as a sort of social currency, wherein (most of) my self-consciousness disappeared so long as I had my weed on me because, hey, who doesn't like the guy that smokes you out?

However, in my youth I abused the precious plant to the tune of financial duress, strained familial relationships, and getting stoned at vastly inappropriate times, all day, every day. Even now, I've had to confront the less savory aspects of my weed habit because I have a wife who doesn't like being around a partner who's constantly red-eyed, dopey, in his own head, forgetful as fuck, and just generally not considerate of how they come across when they're constantly stoned. She doesn't begrudge me the indulgence and even indulges herself, albeit at night by her lonesome (she's a self-proclaimed "midnight toker"). She has her own issues with drugs and so do I, but it does help having someone else whose eyes you can look through to see yourself.

Ok, went on a tangent there. tldr: weed's awesome, smoke weed erryday.

Over the years, weed was my baseline drug... I grew up with a nervous stomach

I relate so much with your post. I think this is the case with a lot of stoners. Because it does easily cure many nervous or bad feelings in the stomach it can in a sense control you. Because you don't think your stomach can feel better without cannabis. It's a little mind game the substance plays with you.

Because it does easily cure many nervous or bad feelings in the stomach it can in a sense control you. Because you don't think your stomach can feel better without cannabis. It's a little mind game the substance plays with you.

Ain't that the truth. The times I've gone without cannabinoids are a serious adjustment; I would think things like Damn, there's nothing that's going to solve this I NEED MAH WEED -- but I learned during these times that diet and psychological wherewithal (and just giving it time) tends to take care of these stomach issues. It's definitely not always practical to just take a toke when your tummy's feeling a little upset.

It's funny, out of all the drugs I've tried, the hardest one to quit for me has been cannabis. Not because the withdrawals are worse; I've experienced the hell of opiate and GABAergic withdrawal, as well as habituation to a number of other substances (MXE, DXM, coke, MDMA, propylhexedrine and meth amongst them), but even when I went through periods of complete sobriety the thought of getting stoned remained forefront in my mind. It's the hardest for me to quit precisely because it's (mostly) benign and there are no immediate consequences if I overdo it. It's the hardest to quit for me because it's the easiest to quit, if that makes any sense.

Salutations Dudunabo2002,

...when I tried, I felt absolutely nothing (I smoked hash).

M'well, personally i recall i actually felt nothing when trying what was supposed to be cocaïne, so that's why i still doubt today - and quite frankly i don't care other than being satisfied for eluding such potential mistake! Cannabis as i consume it now almost suits me fine: i'd wish it were "bio" certified with some known THC/CBD/CBN ratios directly printed on the label... M'well, if there were a label at all. Many thanks to cap'tain Itnoc, "transparent" ruler of the Canuck land! Euh... Me can't hold it sometimes.

:|

So...

Is anything wrong with me or is cannabis just too weak?

There's no garantees with cannabis i'd argue, certainly not in days when it's public knowledge what minimal level of banned pesticides to use to avoid detection, for example. Consequently, vaporizing instead of smoking may still expose to the related dangers of "laced" mari-caca. Which as far as i'm concerned, besides the fentanyl phenomenon, has enough lacing as it - on top of being from the LP's own pesticides alone!! ... Imagine, if we can assume concentrations remain undetected below 0.01 ppm for myclobutanil, for example, then how about a synergy of similar yet chemically-different banned pesticides and similar?? In other words, how packed can it be with multi-contamination by banned pesticides before health officials start walking in rewind?...

Still sorry you felt nothing??

:?

Briefly put this new era of Big Cannabis may have great things to offer for a few selected beneficiaries, or some awful socio-toxic poison reserved to others who get sacrificed in support for an artificial "medical" vs "recreational" model imposed for bigot ideological purposes, essentially. Come back in some fifty years when politic systems have finally evolved, if you're lucky. If not then at least try to find trusty sources for the noble substances, 'cause there are dudes out there who won't care even if their shit make people sick, usually from an overdose of pesticides i would argue. The thing with prohibition is that it pushes cultivators into non-sense, like to spray too late even into flowering, in lack of resources and sufficient skills which would help them to overcome the added adversity. Remove prohibition and then an adult population of consumers will educate themselves while eliminating those who got no place in a garden, but this is day-dreaming, i know!...

Consider yourself blessed that the final outcome proved neutral instead of negative. Maybe the plant was just too immature at harvest time, prohibition renders greed particularily ugly these days!

8)

Go figure, it's not impossible should i have happened to live those present days as a young man then i might prefer LSD instead!! ... Oh but lets blame cannabis for it anyway: the alternate-universe "gateway" effect i guess...

Who would have believed it could get so twisted!

Hummm... Or maybe someone got CBD on their hands which they didn't know what that was good for except resell, for getting no buzz from it - which i'd find extra lucky.

Good day, have fun!! =D