• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DEA and senators propose bill to cut opioid manufacturing by 20% in 2018

My little story, I'll keep it short....

2010 I had a blood clot in my left arm in my sleep. I wake up after a normal sleep in unbelievable, excruciating pain. I kid you not, my arm was 4 times it's normal size, if not bigger. Clot complications caused Compartment Syndrome.

Im flown by helicopter to a major hospital (in another state!) and the ER Doc wasting no time takes a scalpel and starts immediately making huge incisions, I'm talking wrist to bicep, to relieve the severe pressure from the unimaginable swelling. While a nurse IVs me and puts me out.

Fast forward- 2 weeks ICU, 3 surgeries, the last being 3 skin grafts. I was in the hospital 2 months. 2 months of hell. They DID adequately give me a morphine drip and Percocet as needed, which made the pain ordeal manageable.

Finally, they briefly teach my mom wound care techniques as my major skin grafts are far from healed. My last 2 weeks there they had me on oral morphine 60mgs 3x a day and 900mgs gabapentin 3x daily.

You know what they discharge me with?? Darvocet (which they no longer prescribe at all anymore). But Darvocet for 10/10 pain??? Ridiculous.

I was lucky enough though at the time to have a liberal at home doctor who couldn't believe it, and proceeded to put me on the fentanyl patch with 10/325 hydros for breakthrough.

Darvocet... I've known women who've gotten Darvs for menstrual cramps...

Not too mention Darvocet was pulled for causing fatal heart problems. Gave you a shit drug that could of killed you. Thank god at least you didn't get high right! S/