• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Best anti-depressant for anhedonia after opioid use

Ne0

Bluelighter
So I any recommendations? I have been on Citalopram, escitalopram and mitrazapine several years before for regular depression but they on made my anhedonia, lack of pleasure from activities that i used to enjoy, much worse so I quit them, life like that is not worth living so I would much rather commind suicide than life life without pleasure.

Cerebrolysin 5-10ml intramuscularly is used to treat heroin addicts and has a potent anti-anhedonic effect

I had better luck with buproprion, although with all this stuff YMMV. Have you ever tried mindfulness based stress reduction OP? There are a lot of more behavior techniques that were as useful if not more grounding than any psych meds I've been on (I'm not saying don't get psych meds, more that combining them with other therapies will help more than just one or the other).

Honestly, wellbutrin helped some for me, but the only thing that really seemed to cure it was forcing myself to do things I once enjoyed until I learned to again without heroin. That was one of the main obstacles of my addiction - after a while I used it before, during, or after everything to the point I got accustomed to it and nothing seemed as enjoyable without it. It sucks, but its one of the reasons they usually try getting you into gym, yoga, and shit in rehabs.

Or I also started trying a bunch of new activities which helped some, prolly cus I hadn't programmed my brain to link those activities with heroin.

Time above all else. I don't know the extent of your habit, but PAWS can last upwards of 2 years. I quit for a few years at one point and honestly it took me a year or so before I enjoyed shit almost as much as I once did. With the extent of my habit and usage of a list (a literal list of drugs even other addicts in iop thought I was crazy) I feel that I've permanently damaged my brain in some way cus even after a while I still have a degree of apathy and anhedonia I didn't have prior to my usage - even with the wellbutrin that I started after I quit.