• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How does the tolerance buildup work technically?

FunDaReav

Greenlighter
Does the MDMA tolerance base on a shortage of accessible receptors, or is it based on desensitivation to the amphetamine like meth?
Or is it both, yet the brain takes longer to return to homoestasis with serotonin than with dopamine?

How does it all compare to other drugs, like meth, where the desensitivation is stoppable and where the initial tolerance won't be longer than 7 days?
How long do these phases take at max.? When would one be able to take MDMA again after months of abuse?
What chemicals can be used to prevent/delay tolerance buildup?

Why even go there? It's anything but a scientific observation but the people I know that do have tolerances to MDMA aren't all there cognitively. It's not a drug you want to have a tolerance to

A combination of serotonin depletion and receptor down-regulation.

How long do these phases take at max.?
Not known, maybe there is no maximum.

When would one be able to take MDMA again after months of abuse?
Depends on the person. Almost certainly a period of months, at least. Maybe years.

What chemicals can be used to prevent/delay tolerance buildup?
Reliably? None.

The ffects of mdma for how i understand it is it releases all serotonin on your brain and this takes month to fill itself back up. So i recommend after months of abuse you keep about 6months break bfore trying again, and it will probably work way more beter than any of these pills during abuse phase.