• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How much MDMA fits in a size 1 capsule?

FunDaReav

Greenlighter
Does someone know, how much MDMA (pure powder/dust) fits in a size 1 gel-capsule?
I just need your experience... could even be +/-50mg, I don't intend to take it.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KVDW4C8 <--- (300-600mg, 0.5ml Volume)

I'm a total novice in chemistry, but it looks like i found something (or not).

Molar mass of MDMA: 193.25 g/mol
Size 1 capsule volume: 0.50ml (0.0005l)
Molar volume constant (for an ideal compound): 22.4l

"Converting from moles to volume (liters): Multiply your mole value by the molar volume constant, 22.4L."

Well... found out that that calculation won't work...

22.4 x 193.25 x 0.0005 = 2.1644g <--- well, that would be one hell of a dense compound... or I'm really bad in math and chemistry.

So let's forget all of that, and let's get back to the first question... does anyone have more information or experience with size 1 capsules and MDMA powder?

May not be much help since I usually use 00 caps but those can easily fit 800mg, probably up to 900-1000.

I'd guess a size 1 would fit 500mg or so. Best thing to do would probably just fill it and weigh it.

Also doesn't hurt to just get a big size and dose however you want.

It's not really an accurate way to measure MDMA; disparity between crystal sizes of different batches and capsule size (I doubt those cheapy gel cals are made all that close to standard) will ensure that. Get yourself some 1mg accurate scales for £20; they are essential drug taking gear. It's the only way to know. There's a big difference between 300-600mg, given that MDMA dosing matters to within about 10mg~. :)

Gotta wait till tuesday for my new scale... and just using the minimum of 300mg per capsule i had more at the beginning than i thought.

*snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
^If you're dosing/weighing using capsules and there is a large discrepancy, then it's a clear cut sign that your technique isn't working. I'd highly suggest that you wait until Tuesday or borrow a scale. :)

I remember that i stopped filling a capsule once at 350mg... and it wasn't full.
Amazon Prime... please be fast. I'm really interested now.

IIRC different chemicals have widely different densities (I think that's right), which can cause huge differences in the amount you can fit inside a gel cap. I've spent a lot of time dosing nootropics using scales/gel caps and sometimes you can have fit probably twice as much of one substance over another.

It gets even funnier with solutions, but that should be clear. Are there liquid proof capsules out there?

For nootropics I'd still recommend nasal sprays... filling the caps of your stack for a month is hard work.

It gets even funnier with solutions, but that should be clear. Are there liquid proof capsules out there?

For nootropics I'd still recommend nasal sprays... filling the caps of your stack for a month is hard work.

Heh it is, I used to always find myself trying to rush around weighing out piracetam/etc before I left for work in the morning. =D

I don't think there are liquid proof gel capsules - they wouldn't digest very well, if at all.

IIRC different chemicals have widely different densities (I think that's right), which can cause huge differences in the amount you can fit inside a gel cap.

Not only that, but different batches of the same chemical can have widely different densities.

For example, I've gel capped Tianeptine Free Acid on a bunch of occasions. Sometimes the Tianeptine comes as a heavy dense powder and I can fit a heavy amount in a capsule. Other times it comes as a very fluffy powder and a full capsule of the fluffy stuff is nowhere near the weight of a capsule full of the dense heavy stuff.

Why not buy a scale.... You can get a 0.01 g or even a 0.001 g scale. You honestly should