• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Ontario to open 40-60 Marijuana stores (effing diaster waiting to happen)

Why would they want to stop tourists from buying cannabis, that sounds like a terrible idea.

Can I ask if your a foreign national working in canada and on a visa and that it be cool to buy some at the store or not ?? I'm curious is all. Like the Netherlands is all good even though they were floating some ideas such as coffeeshops having membership cards and you must hold one in order to buy some weed. I.e the tourist would not avail of it but that proposal never really got going.

In uruguay I think they you must have an id that is registered on a government website alllowng you to buy some ganja. Again so tourists and that cant avail of it. I ight be wrong.

No, you'd be allowed to purchase weed, provided you are at or above the age limit in a province/territory.

Several caveats though so far -

1) No legal public location to consume. Some talk of coffeeshops/lounges, but nothing yet.
2) Purchase limits may differ in each province/territory, as may possession limits; travelling from one province to another might cause you to inadvertently violate provincial law. Transfer of Cannabis from one province to another might not be legal.

Only Ontario has publicly stated it's rules so far.

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

No legal public location to consume.

In Québec the association of landlords started discussing ban clauses earlier this year, so for may of us there would be no proper location even at home, because our rights simply ain't protected against the abuse of people who took over our public institutions decades ago, In The Name Of Children.

Only Ontario has publicly stated it's rules so far.

Not exactly. Read the Loi #44 ("lutte au tabagisme") of Lucie Charlebois and maybe you shall understand what sort of bigot prohibitionism we're facing around here!

Oh they're ready like hell, just pretending to show some reserve on how ready they are, so far, i think!! :p

At her own provincial level our sinister, socio-toxic and cultural faschist head of health actively contributes to implement UN's present utopia of a "drug-free world" which better advised individuals like Louise Arbour appeared to question, or at least i can point out she spoke out her mind just the day right after Canada's address at UNGASS 2016, actually. And it was in reaction to the previous-day statement(s)... Imagine, on 4-20!... While Trudeau's Liberals dared to declare it wasn't scheduled like this on purpose!!

LIARS!

Truth is it's all been nothing but a series of symbolic messages aimed at previous Harper voters, starting with the politically-convenient demise of Joy Davies in Vancouver, for example...

As for Québec's hints it happens we got them directly imported from the October 2014 (13-18) COP6/FCTC event, held in, euh... Russia! Why not!! After all some bigot prohibitionists really don't feel like they should try to hide these days!...

Euh...

Anyway believe me, they're getting prepared for a monster sacrifice. Remember the system hosts blood suckers who feed on "stoners"/"droÿés", hence they'll have their toll on us, eventually, while true criminal minds on this miserable land of planet Itnoc shall be genuinely amused, forever and ever.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Rather than start a thread on another province, I just thought I'd add all of the other provinces in this thread until my province (backwater Manitoba) announces it's plans.

Quebec is ready to set the age of access at 18 years (Ontario at 19 so far otherwise), but it looks as if pot will be sold through the SAQ (government alcohol bureau).

Tom

Egzoset - any comments Sir?

Tom

Man colorado despensaries can barely keep up. The stuff coming out now isn't like it was before. You can tell they pick it too early and rush the curing. They're putting popcorn buds in with the good flowers that are at least closer to mature. I think as long as they keep up with the quality the demand might keep up for you guys. If not some businesses might fail. At least those people will get to participate and reap some benifets. Just hope they aren't betting the farm.

@Captainsafety - Here's some of the reasons why I am doom and gloom with regard to legalization (as it currently stands) in Canada.

-The federal government has mandated that all weed comes from government approved licensed producers. That could change; a province or territory could regulate production, but that control would have to be given by the government

-Only 51 companies are licensed to cultivate, I think less than 1/2 of them are also licensed to sell

-Health Canada regularly releases statistics on how much is produced, sold and accumulated in inventory storage. Although increasing, the numbers aren't going up fast enough. Without using 'grey' market or small scale craft growers there won't be enough on day 1 to service 3 million plus legal consumers.

-Although the feds allow up to 30 grams per person, a province/territory could reduce this amount (to one gram if they were insane)

-Nothing specific about taxes yet.

-Nothing specific about purchase quantity limitations yet.

-Nothing specific about personal cultivation yet

-Nothing specific about THC % level limitation yet

-No word on whether interprovincial transfer of weed will be legal.

-Hours of access?

-Locations?

And so on. 9 months for the whole damn country and the people are running out of time to be able to legally influence the process.

Imagine walking into a weed store in Ontario and seeing nothing but a menu with prices and information
-you can't see the product before buying it
-you can't smell/handle a sample before buying it

I don't even know if product photo's will be available in store.

:) I wouldn't bet a burning farm on this (as it stands). Realistically, I'm hoping for private retail stores in BC, Alberta and Manitoba. Manitoba has repeatedly invited submissions for production, distribution and retail solutions - so I'd like to believe that we're going to get complete seed/clone to sales solutions from Colorado, Oregon or Washington. Those states are the locations members of Manitoba's previous provincial government visited to observe.

Oh yes and a 40 inch height limit if home cultivating.

Tom

https://news.lift.co/hesa-passes-amendment-allow-edibles-c-45/

The House Standing Committee on Health today voted to allow edibles and smokable concentrates no later than 1 year after legalization takes effect.

Weed becomes 'legal' on July 1rst, 2018 - and edibles/concentrates become legal to manufacture, sell possess and consume no later than July 1rst, 2019 (before our next election in October, 2019).

The Liberal government has more than sufficient numbers of MP's to ensure this is going to pass.

Honestly, I expected to get concentrates, but not edibles (because of hysteria from MADD, SAM, etc). That we're going to get edibles seems to be a recognition of the fact that people can (and....gosh will) eat some of the Cannabis that they will be allowed to possess. I guess they would rather someone eat a labelled 10 mg piece of overtaxed chocolate than an unknown quantity of homemade brownies.

Tom

*Forgot to add that an amendment removing the 40 inch/100 cm plant height limit on home cultivation passed*

Last edited:
so we don't just have a fent crisis now. This is gonna be catastrophic. I'm not waiting a year for my live resin to dab. They better allow 99% thc-a to dab as well, or they can fuck right off.

Shit I'm in Massachusetts and weeds been legal for two years and these beaurocrat scumbags have been doing everything they can to delay shops opening.