Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Diphenhydramine/500mg) - First time - SATAN WAS WITH ME

syrupdevil

Greenlighter
One night, I made a very silly decision to give DPH a go. I have done quite a variety of mind altering drugs and am always keen to try something new. So when I heard about this substance, I researched the shit out of it. I always make it a habit to know as much as I can before trying a new substance or combination. I read many trip reports, some good, some bad. I decided that I would be able to handle myself on it reasonably well and set up a night where my sitter could come along and look after me. Both of my parents were out for the whole night so I didn't need to worry at all about them.

The night finally came and it was about 5:00pm. The sun was just going down so there was a beautiful orange light cast across the sky which made me feel very peaceful and in a good mood. I took roughly 20 of the 25mg pills and washed it down with some water. Within about 15 minutes I could feel the sedation coming on so I sat down on my comfy couch and waited for the full effects to come on. After another 5 minutes I started to see the first hallucinations. The whole room became very gloomy and the orange sunlight started to look like searchlights, or at least this is what I believed them to be. I began feeling rather paranoid from the "searchlights" so I grabbed my sitter by the arm and told him I wanted to go to my room. He led me there, holding me up as I couldn't walk too well at all. Soon we got there and I lay straight down on my bed. As soon as I did this though, everything became very dark. It became so dark I could barely see. As I tried concentrating on trying to see, a light flickered into existance right in front of me. It was almost like someone was using a lighter. My sitter was sitting next to me so I knew it couldn't be him. I stared at the light a little longer as it gradually became bigger and brighter. The size of the light began overwhelming me and I became very frightened that it would burn me. The light soon took over the whole room and I felt like I was inside it. I could no longer see my sitter so I had this feeling of pure loneliness. Soon I started hearing hundreds of evil creatures laughing all around me. It was the most menacing laugh I have ever heard and scared the shit out of me. I curled up into a ball when all of a sudden the room went back to normal, apart from one thing. There were crosses hanging all over the wall. I am not religious and nor is my family so I thought it was strange that all of these crosses were surrounding me. As I sat there, all of the crosses started turning upside down, much like that scene from The Conjuring 2 actually. The creature's laughter returned and I could see 666 being scratched into my wall everywhere. Every word I saw changed to 666. Whole books would just read that number over and over. By this point I was screaming extremely loud. I felt the presence of demons and satan all around me. I have never experienced such an evil feeling in my life. I was surrounded by the fires of hell and demons all dancing around me holding upside down crosses.

I blacked out.

I woke up the next morning at about 11:30 and found my sitter in the kitchen making himself breakfast. I asked him how I went last night and he turned to me with quite a frightened look on his face. He sat down and explained everything that he saw. Apparently I was sitting on my bed laughing extremely loudly and mumbling things about Satan and rapture and how everyone would die in the fires of hell. I don't remember doing any of this which made me think that everything I saw was a vision and not just the hallucinations.

That night was one of the most terrifying drug experiences I have ever had and I will never ever return to this drug.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_diphenhydramine
substancecode_deliriants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_spiritual
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
syrupdevil, I'm happy your not dead or messed up from that dose. Dilerants do things like make you hear crazy stuff, believe hallucinations and at that kind of dose, mess up your heart and cause other major complications. Glad you came out okay.