Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - First Time - 3g - Quite suprised

psykoaktiv

Greenlighter
After much research and even a mod to vouch for the positive effects of phenibut I decided to give it a whirl and bought some from a reputable source. I woke up in the morning , no obligations , took my morning IV dose of heroin (I don't really get high anymore from it unless really large doses are taken so that should be noted) and pleasantly I seen my package was here so dug I dug in on an empty stomach.

3 grams were weighed on a digital scale. This is supposedly a high dose for a first time but hey I wanted to really see what this drug is all about lol. Poured into a small amount of soda which did NOTHING to mask the horrid taste. Seriously, I knew it wasn't supposed to taste pleasant but nothing g can prepare you for that shocking taste. Drank it down like a shot

Two and a half hrs later I'm suprised to feel a "come up" type feeling. All around I feel a tad more content than I normally would. Especially being an addict , idleness is the devil's play ground for some of us but I'm suprised to be feeling content. Slight feeling of "pressure" in head and motor skills slightly impaired. I sway a bit when I stand.

4 hours later, and I don't feel much more noticable effects. But all in all im suprised by this chemical. I could see how larger doses would be really impairing and don't recommend taking this large of a dose if you have much things to do. Mood enhancing effects definitely present and as noted the feeling of being finally content was nice and usually only feel that when I'm on alot of opiates or benzos or really , both .
Still 4 hours into the experience don't know if much will change but I will edit this as I see fit , and will def edit to add comments on the "hangover" 130ish lb male 21 years old btw.

substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
roacode_oral
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny, I like the taste of phenibut. I mean it's intense, but it's like an intense sour flavor, it's not bitter, it's like warhead candies or something. My friend likes to pour his dose into a beer to make a sour beer, he finds it really pleasant. I just dump the powder in my mouth and swallow it with water, it makes my cheeks hurt for a few seconds like sour things do but then I find the aftertaste pleasant.

4 hours is about when it should start taking off. 3 grams is a big dose for most but it seems that some are a lot more sensitive to it than others. I used to use phenibut every 2-3 days for many years and I got to where 2.5-3 grams was needed for the effects I desired, but now, after I withdrew from it and use it once in a blue moon, 1.5 grams is enough again. Takes a long time to take effect and produces a subtle but very real state where I feel excited and comfortable, happy and sociable.

I suppose it's all preference I semi loathe sour candy and things anyways but the taste is far from the worst thing I've ever had to go thru to catch a buzz hahah.

I really feel 3 was perfect for my first time and I feel many people are quick to tell people a dose like this is too much and thus people take 500mg to a gram their first time and dismiss phenibut entirely but of course, titrate accordingly is best. But I'm super satisfied with the results , i didn t come in with super high expectations but pleasantly surprised.

Oh , I also compulsively redosed another 2g about an hour ago time will tell if I will suffer tommorow for this decision haha

You might feel really crazy and unpleasant for a while. Or maybe not. 5 grams would have me wanting to sleep and feeling restless and have sore legs, very sore.

No sore legs and been functioning OK. I feel like I took MDMA something about what I'm feeling is bringing back memories of Molly for me hmm

^^ High dose Phenibut definitely reminded me of MDMA. I would get these insane body rushes and get all talkative and friendly. When I turned my head I would get the same kind of vision I would get on MDMA where my field of vision was slow to catch up and would give a trail effect.

Not saying it was anywhere near as good as MDMA because it definitely wasn't but there were some traits that reminded me of MDMA. I have heard people say similar things about high dose gabapentin and Lyrica and according to Wiki Phenibut is considered a gabapentiniod. I found that Phenibut blew gabapentin out of the water and might have even been better than my Lyrica experiences.

It combines nicely with Agmatine and Kratom IME :)

Also could add euphoria to stimulants, as well as edginess.

That's funny, I like the taste of phenibut. I mean it's intense, but it's like an intense sour flavor, it's not bitter, it's like warhead candies or something. My friend likes to pour his dose into a beer to make a sour beer, he finds it really pleasant. I just dump the powder in my mouth and swallow it with water, it makes my cheeks hurt for a few seconds like sour things do but then I find the aftertaste pleasant.

Phenibut sodium salt is unpleasantly salty because of the sodium, but phenibut HCl is fine IMO as well. Back when I did phenibut, I'd just put the powder in my mouth and swallow with or without water. Drinking water immediately afterwards made it taste sweet even. Certainly interesting phenomenon and my wife also reported the same effect.

Somnilicious : exactly hahah. So I'm not alone and yeah exactly no where near in the intensity of an MDMA experience but reminiscent in certain aspects. Volsam : looks like I need to look up agmatine , and hm haven't experienced with kratom but it's not off limits but with a tolerance to even good heroi n is there a cross tolerance between opiates and kratom would I even get high ? belligerent drunk : I had phenibut HCL but it really tasted bad to me and my chaser didn't help, dunno !

By soda, do you mean soft drink like lemonade or coke? I would imagine that tasting quite bad. I've just mixed it water, around 100ml per gram and it just tastes a bit like citric acid. I had one batch which seemed to have a bit of a strange aftertaste, but still not too bad. It can be quite euphoric and elevate the mood a fair bit, but too much and it's like vertigo.

I agree. I mixed it with Pepsi Cola. And yes agreed I've laid off the stuff for the time being might take 2g tommorow although. No more large doses I felt fried

Is phenibut similar to GHB? It woiluld explain a lot. Do both have effects on dopamine and reinfourcement? I've wanted to try this one for awhile.

Well both Gabaergic but not identical although I've heard phenibut called GHBlite. If you're in withdrawal from GHB , phenibut would help you. I can't comment much in GHB because I haven't taken it yet although. All I can compare it to is high dose gabapentin lol