• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Okay some more advice/help with detox

panhead61

Greenlighter
Hi, I posted on here before, but wanted to extend a little. So I had a good OxyCodone habit sometimes 150mg per day for a while. Then I took a few days off went through withdrawal. Made it 7 days was feeling good and ran into some, like a moron I used, stopped for two days again had a motorcycle tripped planned so brought a few with me and ya know from there. Really had to do some soul searching and decided that life is not for me, recently married, house exc. would seem as I had life figured out from the outside. But I am not about to destroy all that. Any who with that time line I'm currently on day 3 after that relapse. Any thoughts on how long will that lapse will set me back, I am dragging ass!

Physically probably not that much. With oxy it was always the craving that was the hard part as you have already found out. The big thing here is to keep moving forward regardless of your setback. Do it for yourself, Your wife and your family. Just keep going till its a faded memory.

R13

Hi, I posted on here before, but wanted to extend a little. So I had a good OxyCodone habit sometimes 150mg per day for a while. Then I took a few days off went through withdrawal. Made it 7 days was feeling good and ran into some, like a moron I used, stopped for two days again had a motorcycle tripped planned so brought a few with me and ya know from there. Really had to do some soul searching and decided that life is not for me, recently married, house exc. would seem as I had life figured out from the outside. But I am not about to destroy all that. Any who with that time line I'm currently on day 3 after that relapse. Any thoughts on how long will that lapse will set me back, I am dragging ass!

Normally I'd ask for some clarification...specifically--how long was the relapse and how much were you doing during it?

But honestly, being 3 days into it, I suspect that you're near the end of the worst of it. I suspect that the worst of the acute WD symptoms will end in the next couple of days. But after that, you'll be looking at the same longer-lasting symptoms that you would have faced during your initial quit.

R13 is absolutely right, though: the biggest struggle is going to be inventing a long-term solution that works for you. I say 'inventing' because each of us needs to figure out and practice a strategy of our own when it comes to recovery. It's awesome that you're motivated; that will definitely be a huge asset.

How long were you using before your recent quit? Have you thought about seeking some help? For a lot of people, getting help seems like an unnecessary and drastic step, but it can really help you settle into recovery.

Hi, thank you for your help.

The relapse was for 1 day, had 90mg, dumb decision I know.

But I am currently on day 7, I was using for about 6 months this time.

I've thought a lot about help, but with my family, and my work. The costs are too great, especially after pushing through the withdrawal as small as that is.

I am on day 6, almost to 7 like you! Congratulations! I am pretty much over the physical stuff I believe and now onto the mental which is my kicker.

Glad to hear the WD isn't too bad. And I definitely don't want to push you on the issue of help. My advice is simply to keep a clear eye on how you're doing. For many of us, the physical WD is easier to get through on our own than the psychological/emotional issues that come up afterwards. I'm not saying you need to get help...only you can make that call. Just keep in mind, if you find yourself feeling really overwhelmed, it's nice to know that option is there. As you point out, the cost (to our personal and professional lives) can seem high. But many people find it's much less of a hurdle than they thought it would be.

Just keep up the good work!

I do understand that. With absolutely no one knowing about my situation I get it even more, cause even this form helps, just simply talking to someone about it, thank you!

And 6 days, congrats!

6 days, it has been a while! I hope everything has been going well. I've been doing well. I admit i have used a couple times against my better judgement. But I have not had to go back on through withdrawals since the first time. Life is pretty well. Besides freezing weather lol