The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Doorknobers: Nova Scotia/Canada slang

OrenjiKoneko

Greenlighter
I'm trying to learn some slang terms for meth that are used in Canada, with particular precedence to the Nova Scotia region.

I'm looking for more old school terms, not recently popularized slang. Information on any specific regional slang would be highly prized, but I'd settle for any slang term that is unusual outside of Canada. Any examples of usage (i.e. who says it, how often, does it refer to a specific type/amount/etc?) as a frame of reference would be greatly valued as well.

I did find one possible term in my research that fit what I'm looking for almost perfectly: Doorknobers. I can't find much information on it though. Can anyone familiar with Canada/Nova Scotia offer some context and, if possible, a pronunciation?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

I can't imagine there's a very big crystal methamphetamine scene in Nova Scotia. The only potentially-Canadian term I know that is often used for methamphetamine is "jib," but that's more common in Western Canada. An American can correct me if "jib" is a common term there as well.