European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

coke that smells of diesel?

misplaced energy

Bluelighter
this stuff has been going around for months. Its of reasonable quality but it smells so pungent.
Really really strong smell of diesel. I like the smell of regular coke. This is like 10x the strength smell wise. I'm aware gasoline is used to make it but this isn't extremely pure. Could it just be really badly made? Or is it cut with something to make it smell that way?

Has anyone from the UK experienced this stuff?

Could be related to the storage - may have been concealed inside a vehicle or fuel container. I don't bother with coke any more so cannot comment on general standards.

I have noticed this to. The stuff reeks but is only average strength. I reckon it's tampered with as so many people associate that smell with strength. Reminds me of pills in the noughties which got weaker as the saffrole smell got stronger.

I have noticed this to. The stuff reeks but is only average strength. I reckon it's tampered with as so many people associate that smell with strength. Reminds me of pills in the noughties which got weaker as the saffrole smell got stronger.

For sure. Smelly=strong is a extremely common misconception

Back when I used frequently I remember being surprised to discover that the purest product had very little smell at all. Certainly no diesel or acetone smell anyway. Just an earthy hint of alkaloids if anything.

Most people would dismiss it as very poor quality due to the lack of smell, whereas the opposite was usually the case

For sure. Smelly=strong is a extremely common misconception

Back when I used frequently I remember being surprised to discover that the purest product had very little smell at all. Certainly no diesel or acetone smell anyway. Just an earthy hint of alkaloids if anything.

Most people would dismiss it as very poor quality due to the lack of smell, whereas the opposite was usually the case

Exactly. For a substance to have a smell, it has to be volatile - i.e. it evaporates thus releasing molecules that our olfactory system perceives as an odour.

Salts have no odour as they are very stable, non volatile, ionically bonded compounds. Cocaine hydrochloride is a salt (as is methamphetamine hydrochloride, diacetylmorphine hydrochloride, amphetamine sulphate etc. etc.) so the purest products should have no odour. Any residual smells are usually due to an excess of solvents used in the process which haven't been properly removed, or even deliberately added - because a strong smell is often associated with potency. It's all marketing bollocks...

Last edited:
That is true with amphetamine. Pure speed is pretty much odorless whereas dealers market speed that stinks as if it is a good thing.

The best coke i had in South America reeked of kerosene. Made you gag. Great stuff.

My mate got sucked into caning butane when we were yoots by this knobrot who blew them both up in his car. He was in the burns unit in Selly Oak for over a month. The cunt who got him into it was idly flicking away at his lighter while the pair of them were in his Mini - fuckers dad paid my man off not to talk to the police. He got his comeuppance in the end though for robbing from his postal round to feed his drug habit - 2 1/2 years in jail. There's a special place in hell for cunts who fuck with the Royal Mail.

The best coke i had in South America reeked of kerosene. Made you gag. Great stuff.

Yeah, stinking coke can definitely be excellent stuff sometimes and awful other times, which nicely highlights the fact that smell is not indicative of purity.

The smell is nevertheless down to poor production methods or storage issues, as cocaine hcl does not naturally smell in itself.

OP - try washing your product with anhydrous acetone which I'm sure will improve things no end, very simple process too.

Isn't anhydrous acetone quite hard to get hold of though? Suppose you could use magnesium sulphate to dry out standard acetone...

Edit: Butane cuts - WTF??

Stee, was he Postman Plod from Viz by any chance? =D

Last edited:
Some form of oil-based substance is always used when prepping the chemical of extraction.
But TBH I think it's very little coke n some speed with some "lidocaine", but very little :\

Some form of oil-based substance is always used when prepping the chemical of extraction.
But TBH I think it's very little coke n some speed with some "lidocaine", but very little :\

Ah, you sound as if you're ok now Monsta, your post yesterday was a little worrying...