• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Kicking Oxy, need advice.

Oh, don't give up on Kratom too soon. If you get HQ Kratom, figure out your dosing, it can help by orders of magnitude. I got off of Fentanyl using it after speaking with others who did the same. Also, anything resembling WDs from K, in my opinion, are like a walk in the park compared to actual opiate WDs. Kratom literally saved me from MUCH misery, and I love the stuff because of it. I was using between 5 and 8 grams per day, and over time, lowered it. Once you find that sweet spot that makes you say, "Gee...I feel much better", stop there. You also have to redose when you start to feel the Wds come on strong again. This, too, can pass if you use the K properly and you are a good responder. After a couple of weeks, you may still have PAWS, which the K can provide some relief from as well. I think people get fooled into thinking that not feeling GREAT after a couple of weeks on K and off opiates, that the "bad" feelings are certainly still WDs, but I believe that not to be the case. PAWS, to me, is the real sinister bastard that seems to be unrelenting for quite some time, and is what makes people go back to their DOC to seek "relief". Anyway, I would not say all this if I did not truly belief it to be helpful.

How are you doing Chief? Haven't heard from you in a few days. All these folks are being straight with you. I'm going through hell from a fentanyl/oxy habit started by a doc trying to help my back pain. I'll get through it and you can too. Listen to these guys and they'll steer you straight.

Above all, remember this is just temporary. It too, shall pass.

LV

How are you doing Chief? Haven't heard from you in a few days. All these folks are being straight with you. I'm going through hell from a fentanyl/oxy habit started by a doc trying to help my back pain. I'll get through it and you can too. Listen to these guys and they'll steer you straight.

Above all, remember this is just temporary. It too, shall pass.

LV
Thank you for asking bro. Well I parted ways with my job and that means no more supply which is good and bad. So I know that I will soon again have to go through withdrawals, so there's that, plus how long till I find my head normal again after a year of using? My life is currently a mess, and it feels like a dark cloud hovers over me. But take a wiff of that and then everything feels like it's going to be ok again...it's a lie. It's not ok, it sucks being addicted to a drug that slowly kill the life out of you and lie's to you. My spirit is spent, no spark, no good mental energy when not using. That's bad, addiction is horrible, and I'm so pissed at myself for getting myself into this situation. This shit officially kicked the hell out of me. I can now see why doctors don't hand this shit out like they used to, it destroys lives and I sure feel like a casualty at the moment. I'll keep you guys posted but the hardest part is just getting started, no more supply. Which is good, it needs to officially end so I can finally get clean and try to salvage what's left of my broken life.

You have been using this for one year. It really should not be as difficult as you are imagining. Sometimes when we have withdrawals it feels the world is ending. It's not only physical but we get sad and suddenly life is not that colorful anymore. I had used all sort of strong opiates, including fentanyl, methadone, even H., for decades with few breaks here and then. After almost 8 years of Methadone and a couple of serious OD's I decided I was going to quit for once and for all, after having lived a very discreet life coping with all sort of numbed distressing issues I finally came off of opiates and benzodiazepines. It was tough, and I was depressed for some time.

The good thing is that you quickly learn how to adapt to your new 'you', so to speak. At one hand you have all this incredible freedom, but then you are not as happy as you'd expect. But even during my darkest hours I would never prefer not to have done it. You become strong and with time you'll start to have your moments of joy. You can start by doing an exercise on a routine basis, find a hobby or something you'll like and keep yourself as busy as you can. You get back to a 'normal' life sooner than you expect. Although there will be moments of craving, but that's okay, you find your own way around that. You see, for me cravings were these terrible monsters that would pick on me all the time. Fact is it really doesn't take that long. You'll learn to live a moment at a time and soon all your fears will go away. Have faith in yourself. If I made through, I am pretty sure anyone can. I would strongly suggest that you start soon and leave this behind you. You can do this! And we can help you. Keep sharing, be strong and everything will fall in its place. I've been there and I suspect I know what you are going through.

We are often stopped by fear, but at the end not even half of our most concerns go through, you'll be fine! :)

Take care,
Erik

Last edited:
Actually you can start working on things along the way. I'm still detoxing but I've started to feel like the old me. I'm getting an appetite again, starting to want to be a part of things and have fixed a relationship with my dad that I screwed up. Before you know it, the old normal comes back and you feel pretty good. Hang in there Chief. You're gonna do this.

LV

That sounds like you've done it, and seems you have it under control. That's great, it's possible afterall.
To be able to get a glimpse of how you've been rather than adapting to a new you can be quite gratifying.

Hey Erik,

Actually I'm still a work in progress. Yesterday I told my SO I would trade my truck for a handful or Oxys, and I love my truck. I'm on 12mcg fentanyl patches now and due to kick in a week. I still feel like shit in the morning and sick some days, but it is getting better/ Still I long for that nice warm feeling sometimes. But I'm working at it and so can you. I've had some rebounds but that's only a part of it. It doesn't define you. Good luck bro, I'm fighting for you.

LV

Last edited:
You out there Chief? What's going on with you?
Thanks for asking LV, I just got out of detox/rehab, That was a bit of a strange experience, it definitely was no Betty Bord clinic that for sure lol. Now I'm out and need to get a plan together, they are suggesting I get on Suboxone, so I have to make my mind up about that. Any input on it positives vs it's negatives would be greatly appreciated. What about you LV, I'm sorry I haven't checked with you. Are you doing ok bro?

Just a thought about suboxone is that once you accept this 'deal', it's common to stick with it for a very long time. I had my experience with Methadone and to be honest my life was almost totally 'normal'. Once we've settled at 70 mg daily, I managed to keep on for almost 8 years. I worked, had my social life, and managed to stay married with kids with no detours.

At some point though, you start asking yourself what kind of life you are living. Affter so many years with opiates in general my body started to react differently- like less and less Teststerone, always sweating, constipation but the lack of freedom sort of stressed me out as I felt I was literally plugged with an alternative opiate and this numbness got my attention.

If you think you can manage being sober without it, it'd be great but if you feel it you help you walk that extra mile, go for it as long as it's temporary. Establish a determined amount of time and see how it goes.

Take care!
Erik

Hey Chief,

Sorry for the delay, I'm on my last 12mcg patch and it runs out today. Not sure how tomorrow will be but I'm trying to stay positive. I think the key is to stay active so your mind can't screw with you. I try to take a walk, go out to look through guitar stores (I play too), etc. I've set my mind to this and don't aim to do this garbage again. Like you, I have a screw up back and most days the pain is still there, but its not as bad as I remember. Stay positive buddy. We're gonna kick the shit out of this thing!

LV

That's the spirit LV. Do something you like, exercise and think positive - always. Hope hardly fails on those who keep moving! You know you power, you know you can do this!! :)

Today was day 4 for me and my wife, we decided our lives have been controlled by these pills long enough. We were taking 60 mg minimal of Oxycontin a day and snorting sometimes up to 100 mg a day for as long as I can remember. I'm looking back at our last 7 yrs at least and its a blur to be honest. If this makes any sense I've been on these pills for so long I'm a stranger to myself. Who am I? Tomorrow is day 4 and I have to go back to work I'm worried about that will it help get my mind off of it, or will i struggle we will see.

Well I hate to tell you my friend but if your going to go back to work tomorrow, it might be a mistake. You probably won’t make it through without maintenance. You’ve been at it longer than I was and I crashed and burned trying to go back to work in that condition. This shit will not let go of you without a fight believe me. If you can do it consider yourself one of the rare exceptions. But it has has had its evil tentacles in your for a long time bro and your body is going to rebel, and your not going to be able to think right. Bring in a back up just in case, but best of luck to you and your wife because you guys are going to need it.

Today was day 4 for me and my wife, we decided our lives have been controlled by these pills long enough. We were taking 60 mg minimal of Oxycontin a day and snorting sometimes up to 100 mg a day for as long as I can remember. I'm looking back at our last 7 yrs at least and its a blur to be honest. If this makes any sense I've been on these pills for so long I'm a stranger to myself. Who am I? Tomorrow is day 4 and I have to go back to work I'm worried about that will it help get my mind off of it, or will i struggle we will see.

I can relate to this feeling that you become stranger to yourself. In some relationships, you'll probably need to start over and really get to know how to live sober with all the everyday challenges. The good thing is that you have all the time in the world to do that, which makes me think it could actually be a bit soon to start working, unless you are fully recovered physically speaking.

One of the things that has helped me immensely was to keep busy as much as possible. Create strategies to live a moment at a time now if you experience cravings. Keep in mind that they don't last as much as we think and you simply move one and do something else. Eat a chocolate if you are feeling too anxious and don't be afraid to look for support.

Wish you all the best!
Erik

Last edited:
Chief, are you still out there? Just checking in with you. I hope your life is all you dreamed it could be.

LV

Hey Lee, I went through the same thing with my wife and dad. They stuck with me through it all, even detoxing. One thing I found is you really can't go back, but you can begin anew and be better than than ever. You can do this. Make up you're mind that the drug is the enemy and you're going to kick its butt. It worked for me. Also, if you slip, just remember, almost everyone does at sometime. Get over it and move forward with more determination than ever. You can do this.

I'm sorry this is a little late, I've been away from Bluelight for a few weeks, but I still care. All my best to you.

How's life Lost_Vet? The last time we spoke you were running out of 12 ?g. What happen.I was thinking that it would be good if you could actually move down to something easier to come off of. I have had my share of Fentanyl, it was very tricky to find the equivalent dose of Methadone.

Last edited: