• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Vaping and health...

somnilicious

Bluelighter
How harmful is vaping on the lungs, cardiovascular system, teeth and skin? Does it still carry all the same risks? I have found it easier to quit vaping than to actually quit smoking. I guess because of the MAOI's and other stuff in cigarettes. I plan on quitting after this bottle is left anyways. My vape is a drip and very large so I hardly ever carry it around with me. I usually only vape in the morning and at night.

Also would certain vape juice flavors be worse for your teeth?

Vapor on the lungs is significantly less harmful than smoke, but it still is known to irritate the lungs in many users (such as myself). I am not highly educated in the exact science of how and why it irritates, but it does, and irritation is your body reacting to something adversely affecting it... vape juice flavors/different mixtures I am sure definately affect the harm done. I have had different juices, some cause a terrible itch in my throat, while others stay smooth and never really irritate with moderate use. As far as how it effects your teeth, I bet it does. To what extent? Sadly scientists haven’t studied that much. I’m sure anything that goes in your mouth effects your teeth.. if your vaping a pretty natural juice, versus shit with tons of chemicals, you probably won’t see a huge impact or discoloration on your teeth, particularly if you are a mellow user. I am a mellow vape user, have been for almost 5 years, only vaping credible and revered juices, and I have not noticed any discoloration or issues in my teeth/ skin/ lungs. Again, keep in mind, I believe a lot of that is attributed to my moderated use. I’m sure over doing vaping can still show adverse affects in all the areas you mentioned.

I have not vaped for nicotine on a regular basis, but I have vaped for marijuana. In my experience I noticed the first few weeks of switching from my previous methods (blunts/bowls) to a vaporizer I was coughing up quite a bit of phlegm that was a pale gray color. It eventually subsided and I now experience phlegm quicker when I go back to a combustion method since I tried to move onto vaping.

Teeth wise I wouldn't have much input as I get mine whitened every 6 months to a year. It's just some crazy pet peeve I have about my own teeth. My friends who vape in replacement of cigarettes love it. I believe that is more due to it's social acceptance at employers, the cost overall, and no longer being told that they smell like an ash tray. I'll ask a few next time they're over about what juices they prefer. I just know from what conversations I pick up on that they avoid anything that looks like cheap packaging or is in a plastic container. I feel like they're being hipsters sometimes in that they strive for buying products that have elegant packaging, exotic names, and glass containers.

I'm not a cigarette smoker at all yet I can tolerate the mild irritation I feel from vaping nicotine when I've tried my friends' devices. It's definitely a smarter choice in the long run just from my own small experiences. You just have to remember moderation is the key! Nothing is healthy when you're abusing it regardless of circumstances.

I'm not a cigarette smoker at all yet I can tolerate the mild irritation I feel from vaping nicotine when I've tried my friends' devices. It's definitely a smarter choice in the long run just from my own small experiences. You just have to remember moderation is the key! Nothing is healthy when you're abusing it regardless of circumstances.

Same. In fact I have never smoked. I used to vape nicotine free flavors tho just for something to do.