• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzodiazapines questions

So I won't get even a little bi
t higher?

no, the pills are totally unsmokeable, you'd just be destroying them utterly and all the actuve chemical along with it.
if you're really really desperate to take you pills any way other than as instructed, you can plug xanax, but instead of water you have to use milk. 100% legit i assure you

Dude. Just eat the benzos. They are designed to be swallowed. No need to get all creative and crazy with the pills.

And keeping, the milk plugging thing sounds absolutely disgusting. :(

And keeping, the milk plugging thing sounds absolutely disgusting. :(

doesn't it just? but OP seemed absolutely desperate for some other way to take benzos other than by their extremely efficient oral route, here it is.

Keeping: Thanks, appreciate the advice. My doc agrees so I'll do a moderately fast taper off Librium.

Any idea what kind of timeframe before pregabalin starts to exhibit dependence or withdrawal effects? My rule of thumb with it and gabapentin is no more than 2 days in a row, no more than 3 times total per week.

Yeah to reinforce what others have said, the most important factor in the answer to your question is which benzo, and the half life.

Benzo WD's are the worst. So do your research. I'm scared to death of my clonazepam being cut off by my doc and doing a diazepam taper in a couple months. :(

This is very true...
Yo shartito, Your dr told you months in advance that he was going to cut your clonazepam script? What was the reasoning? Not trying to get in your business, but that interests me. I have been cut from my lorazepam script by a dr in the passed one time, but it was irrelevant and had nothing to do with anything medical (it was dumb).

Since the beginning he told me he only wanted me to take it as needed, and only short term. He has the belief, as does most of the medical commmity, I believe, that they should not be a long term solution. He's tried different SSRI's, which I don't like, and most recently started me on Lexapro, which I take off and on.

The thing is, I don't really have anxiety. I just told him the right things to get the script because I like benzos. I'm wondering if he's onto me.

It's not a negative thing. He's actually a cool doc. He just doesn't believe in benzos as a long term solution. He's trying to do right by me, by finding a safer solution (all the SSRI's) and then tapering me off the clonazepam. It's just a tricky situation because I don't really have the underlying condition that the SSRI's are supposed to fix. So I'm just playing along, until the benzos go away. I'm kind of a dumbass.

But I'm cool with it. I'm ready. The benzo life is getting old to me.

EDIT-

I meant to add... that my doc has mentioned it conversationally. This is not Gospel yet.

I could probably convince him i still need the benzos and keep the script. I could probably also drag it out by saying I don't like the lexapro.

But I honestly don't want to. I want to taper off it. I'm ready. Scared as hell, but ready.

Last edited:
I don't have anxiety either i just like benzos too there an aquired taste benzos.
some people love em some dont like em.
same with anti depressants

Yeah I don't really have anxiety either, I mean no more than the average human. I feel that; doc just trying to do his job. You aren't a dumbass, bro. That's good that the doc is willing to help with a taper. . I don't blame you for being scared to go thru benzo w/d, since it is riskier (health wise) than opiates. Even if you don't fully stop taking them, just distancing yourself a little bit is a great thing for the long haul. Respect.

Honestly I'd be more worried about dependance with benzos. There are technically only two lethal withdrawals and those are alcohol and benzos. There are def some shitty ones but those two can kill you if you stop taking them without weening off properly under medical care. Booze and benzos both slow down secretion of GABA (gamma amunobutyric acid) which is a CNS depressant because the benzos and booze are already doing that. When you stop drinking or taking benzos suddenly your brain no longer has it's inhibitory transimtter and your entral nervous system kicks into overdrive. That's why you see people get shakey of hae seizures. Their neurons are just firing all over the place. Also explains why the treatment for alcohol withdrawel is usually valium. I know that didn't relly answer your question but I thought the info was worth sharing.

Tolerance to benzos also varies between different benzos. Tolerance to e.g. alprazolam builds up more quickly than, say, clonazepam. The thing though with long-acting benzos is that they stay in your system for a long time. Diazepam for example, with all its active metabolites (nordiazepam, temazepam, oxazepam) is that it may take a long time before they are gone from your body. Nordiazepam has a half-life of up to 200 hours. Although in a healthy young person, the half-life is not that long. But still very long. That's why diazepam has this lingering effect, the effects of diazepam itself are around 6 hours, but its long half life and metabolites creates this lingering effect you can feel for quite a while after the effects of diazepam are over.

What about taking xanax every second day?

toeing the line, i would make it at least every third day but even then you can never be certain
benzo addiction is a nightmare - just take only when necessary and avoid regular dosing
please, at least reduce your intake to 2.5 days aka regular doses with a few gaps when you're feeling good
seizure's arent fun༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Does drinking alcohol increase your tolerance to Benzodiazepines? If so, what if it's only once a week and a small amount?

FIRST OF ALL, you either snort/rail any lipid soluble benzodiazepine, either lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, or diazepam/chlordiazeloxide with heavy cream/hemp oil. Or plug it. WITH THE SAME SOLVENTS... Otherwise, PO. As I, BY MOUTH, people.

Preferably still WITH the fatty stuff. :) or try sublingual for 5 min. Doubtlessly increases enhancement of absorption of clonazepam and lorazepam.

But make sure to always include a high fat milk or cream, plus hemp or coconut oil. Preferably both. :D

Remember most, IF NOT ALL GABAergics need to be taken systemically. Especially gabapentinoids.

FIRST OF ALL, you either snort/rail any lipid soluble benzodiazepine, either lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, or diazepam/chlordiazeloxide with heavy cream/hemp oil. Or plug it. WITH THE SAME SOLVENTS... Otherwise, PO. As I, BY MOUTH, people.

Preferably still WITH the fatty stuff. :) or try sublingual for 5 min. Doubtlessly increases enhancement of absorption of clonazepam and lorazepam.

But make sure to always include a high fat milk or cream, plus hemp or coconut oil. Preferably both. :D

Remember most, IF NOT ALL GABAergics need to be taken systemically. Especially gabapentinoids.

Ok thanks very much for your help. But what do you mean by PO?

Last edited:
Does drinking alcohol increase your tolerance to Benzodiazepines? If so, what if it's only once a week and a small amount?
My understanding of the cross tolerance between benzos and alcohol is that as your tolerance to one of the two increases, tolerance to the other will also increase. As long as you are not increasing your alcohol tolerance by drinking large quantities, your benzo tolerance should not increase. That is my understanding; I may be incorrect.

My understanding of the cross tolerance between benzos and alcohol is that as your tolerance to one of the two increases, tolerance to the other will also increase. As long as you are not increasing your alcohol tolerance by drinking large quantities, your benzo tolerance should not increase. That is my understanding; I may be incorrect.

Ok thankyou.