• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Yet another reminder to avoid dispensaries when possible.

So, if there is a checks and balance system in place, who oversees the lab testing?

There is certainly no federal body that is currently interested in regulating legal cannabis.

As far as statewide, I know they must be certified but as far as I'm aware they are not held to the same standards as other labs.

Consider what percentage of product must be tested for it to be deemed clean, or for it to have the percentages labeled on it? I know in CA you can have a lab print out by just sending in an 8th-quarter ounce of flower, you can then take that lab print out to clubs and they will tout whatever the print out says.

The track and trace programs are mostly for tax reasons. It may be useful if a batch tests positive for a systemic pesticide, but if they are doing recalls then clearly something has been missed, regardless if it is reported by a large numbers of consumers or found by the retailer themselves. If tests were 100% and no errors were made and no contaminated weed slipped by there would be no recalls.

here is a very specific source that shows that although there may be statewide oversight in CO, there is still contaminated product on the market. It would be foolish to think that all contaminated product has been recalled. http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/12/04/pesticide-pot-recall-list-marijuana/44711/

Again my point is simply that there is still need for consumer awareness and that even lab tested products are not 100% accurate and there is a lot of room for error. A label may make you feel safe, and CO may be ahead of all other states, but it doesn't mean CO is perfect or close to it. States are just beginning to attempt to regulate a historically unregulated market. I do not need my constitutional rights explained to me... lol... I am asking you whether there is oversight of the labs and clearly you do not know.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/12/08/edipure-pesticide-recall-edibles-gobi-analytical-denver/44826/
"the business is also taking aim at the pot-testing laboratory used by the city of Denver, calling the lab’s pesticide testing methodology “dubious at best.”"

Federal interests often do not agree with the public however you will find that their interest is of little value to the state of things and further more the legality of things.

You are bringing up several year old documents as well for no apparent reason. I'm not sure where you are going with this...

Not really. The one that lists the recalls has a long list from 2017. If by several years old you mean 1-2 years old, yeah the second one is from 2015.

All you've done is attempt to shoot down information and validate the current regulations in place without question or any proof, just voicing opinion. If you can show me more recent articles about how testing is not flawed or an article that talks about who regulates the testing facilities and/or what standards they are held to, I'm all ears.

If you don't know where I'm going you clearly don't understand the conversation regarding regulatory bodies and oversight. Or consumer awareness.

Believe what you want to believe.

this thread is lol.

dispensaries usually buy very local and have to buy within state. There is no importing cannabis from Canada or mexico if you are going to sell it at a dispensary as there are laws prohibiting that, and being that dispensaries generally operate within state laws it is likely they don't do that. However, your local drug dealer operates under his own principals and generally follows no laws, buying what will sell and have a good profit margin.

And drug tests?? Completely irrelevant. Drug tests came way before dispensaries and have everything to do with insurance, employability and liabilities and nothing to do with dispensaries......

Drug tests unfairly target thc in urine(being thc leaves body slowly) so not irrelevant....

Drug tests are unconstitutional sorry....right to privacy , gov or private industry has no right to search any body fluids for anything(w/o search warrant) clear and simple. People or sheeple rather need to stand up for their rights......

Last edited:
Not really. The one that lists the recalls has a long list from 2017. If by several years old you mean 1-2 years old, yeah the second one is from 2015.

All you've done is attempt to shoot down information and validate the current regulations in place without question or any proof, just voicing opinion. If you can show me more recent articles about how testing is not flawed or an article that talks about who regulates the testing facilities and/or what standards they are held to, I'm all ears.

If you don't know where I'm going you clearly don't understand the conversation regarding regulatory bodies and oversight. Or consumer awareness.

Believe what you want to believe.
Without the ID numbers found on the labels, that list is useless. Again, I stand by my statement that the label can provide you with all the information you need.

As we learn more about these issues, our regulations are updated. Like I said, this process doesn't happen overnight.

Do you remember what legal weed was like in 2013? I do. It was over hyped, overpriced and under regulated. I imagine with all the advances and discoveries we have made over the years Colorado that you might be scared of how to move forward in California. I was using the blackmarket for a good part of 2013 for a good reason. Things have changed so much that the idea of going back to the blackmarket is just silly.

I'm going to continue to make my educated purchases and read my labels as they are very informative and provide a clear answer to these questions and I'm sure they will continue to become more useful as time goes on. Good luck in Cali!

Without the ID numbers found on the labels, that list is useless. Again, I stand by my statement that the label can provide you with all the information you need.

As we learn more about these issues, our regulations are updated. Like I said, this process doesn't happen overnight.

Do you remember what legal weed was like in 2013? I do. It was over hyped, overpriced and under regulated. I imagine with all the advances and discoveries we have made over the years Colorado that you might be scared of how to move forward in California. I was using the blackmarket for a good part of 2013 for a good reason. Things have changed so much that the idea of going back to the blackmarket is just silly.

I'm going to continue to make my educated purchases and read my labels as they are very informative and provide a clear answer to these questions and I'm sure they will continue to become more useful as time goes on. Good luck in Cali!

I'm going to guess you didn't bother to look at the list before dismissing it. http://www.denvergov.org/content/de...alth/about-us/news-room/2017/DixieRecall.html linked from the list in the first article tells you the product number that you place so much value on.

Again, if you could provide some actual information besides your opinion I would take you seriously. But you don't seem to have anything besides your belief that product labels = safety.

Drug tests unfairly target thc in urine(being thc leaves body slowly) so not irrelevant....

Drug tests are unconstitutional sorry....right to privacy , gov or private industry has no right to search any body fluids for anything(w/o search warrant) clear and simple. People or sheeple rather need to stand up for their rights......

How is it unfair?

Also, the thread was started with a pretty silly statement, implying that we are being drug tested because because of dispensaries...

I never really stated whether they were constitutional or not, just attempted to clarify why they are done and who they are done by.

Really unless a cop gets a search warrant for your blood you don't have to take a drug test. Having a job is voluntary and when you start working for a private company you often have to submit to their terms. I don't believe that it is unconstitutional... maybe if there were mandatory government issued drug tests for everyone, but I don't see how voluntarily taking a drug test is unconstitutional. If you don't want to take a drug test, don't apply for a job that drug tests..

Lol whatever dude I've provided articles that back up my claim and have proved my point. You try to attack my claims but offer no actual evidence, only opinion based claims. You say the articles are old- they have product recalls listed from 2017 and were updated this year, not sure how much more current they can get. you say they are irrelevant because they don't have product label numbers- turns out they do.

You still have yet to provide anything other than your own opinion. Say what you want, sounds like you just can't admit to being wrong.

Don't avoid dispensaries... Get to know them... Know your bud tender. Know what questions they ask vendors such as if they grow the plants themselves and if not who does? What is used to grow it? Pesticide free? Raw organic material/organic rated nutrients/regular nutrients? Indoor/Outdoor? Harvest process? Drying process? Trim process? Curing? There are a lot of questions to ask. You don't usually get to ask a dealer that although cannabis ain't like opium and heroin... At least with a store front dispensary you can ask those questions and see just how knowledgeable the person recommending or choosing the popular buds are. If we avoid dispensaries we only make them more desperate for money and more likely to accept bammer weed to sell to bargain shoppers. More people should buy so the prices go down, which helps everyone.

How is it unfair?

Also, the thread was started with a pretty silly statement, implying that we are being drug tested because because of dispensaries...

I never really stated whether they were constitutional or not, just attempted to clarify why they are done and who they are done by.

Really unless a cop gets a search warrant for your blood you don't have to take a drug test. Having a job is voluntary and when you start working for a private company you often have to submit to their terms. I don't believe that it is unconstitutional... maybe if there were mandatory government issued drug tests for everyone, but I don't see how voluntarily taking a drug test is unconstitutional. If you don't want to take a drug test, don't apply for a job that drug tests..

Unfair in that other drugs don't test positive as long as cannabis(for a month sometimes) ......

Unfair in that other drugs don't test positive as long as cannabis(for a month sometimes) ......

Once again it really has nothing to do with discrimination against people who smoke weed. It's not really a matter of fairness the defines how long a drug stays in the body and is detectable by a drug tests. The tests aren't designed to pick up on weed more so than they are designed to pick up on any other drug...

Once again it really has nothing to do with discrimination against people who smoke weed. It's not really a matter of fairness the defines how long a drug stays in the body and is detectable by a drug tests. The tests aren't designed to pick up on weed more so than they are designed to pick up on any other drug...

Unfair as in like growing a plant /=(does not equal) manufactoring a schedule 1 drug----now that is most silly desperate money scheme ever. Who thought that one up are real geniuses ---if they can't get money selling it to you they'll get it by taking it away from you.

Hospitals and health insurance enable the rich to get richer and poor to get poorer----BOYCOT!!!!!
Government purpose is to misinform and mislead masses about who the real enemy is---the rich man and wall street!!!!!!!
Politicians would have you believe muslims are the enemy----far from it----bankers,ceo's ect, are far worse......
All media is fake news....all media controlled----controlled by who? try to find out!!!!!!
Source of gmo food and weed is not ma and pop operations-rather corporate operations(root of all evil).
Linda Rothchild said we're all "livestock"---look it up.
The Rothchild dynasty controls the federal reserve bank(despite it's name is a PRIVATE bank)!

Last edited: