• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP ILostaMadge

DamagedLemon

Bluelighter
I met him on this forum, so it's fitting that I should say goodbye here. Madge had been trying to stay clean since 2014 when he returned home to live with his parents, but earlier this year his drug use became so excessive that it led to his death in May. He died after years of isolation from his friends, and no one understands why he cut everyone out - so much so that we are only learning about his death four months after the fact. I don't know if it was intentional or accidental - knowing him, he didn't care much for life, but he probably wouldn't have cared much for suicide either.

I'd like to remember all the good things he was when he was sober - he was kind, empathetic, fun and warm, and taught me a great deal about life and the universe. He encouraged me in my writing and helped me through a really difficult period of my life and for that I am forever grateful. The bad parts of his personality were always brought about by excessive drug use - I'd like to believe that those parts were not really him. Even though we had a complicated relationship, I always wanted the best for him and was always happy to hear from him. His family always tried to find a balance between loving him and supporting him, yet not enabling him. His life was surrounded by a love that he did not understand.

I'm sorry that I couldn't help you in all the ways that I wanted to, when we were together, and even though we kept in touch for some years afterwards, I'm sorry I didn't reach out as much as I should have. You never did believe in an afterlife, but I hope that your soul is finally at peace. <3

It sounds like he suffered a lot in life and it also sounds like he was a very good person. I'm sorry for his despair and for the loss for his family and friends. It is particularly difficult when someone's despair overwhelms them.

sorry for your loss, damagedlemon. it's always really sad to hear of a death in our extended community

I remember him and you guys having fun here and Im sorry he has gone.

That was a good time on BL and he was part of it.

I hope you are ok DL.

XX

Sad. Condolences to you and his family

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : (
: (
: (
I first met him on EDIT way back when, with thousands of posts already to his name, delving into biochemistry and other intellectual topics.