• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Advice on a tolerance reduction for street speed/switching back to Ritalin prescrip.

annachronism

Bluelighter
I recently embarked on an ill-advised path to use street speed as a study aid in preparing for an academic test. This test is one of the biggest determining factors for a Uni Program application that is not only my dream program but also if i get accepted will vastly improve quality of life for me and my kids as it would mean complete financial support without having to go to work. Germany is nice like that. I also had way too little time to prepare. My diagnosed moderate to severe adult ADHD combined with all the demands of raising two kids and running a household make only about 2 or 3 hours of effective study possible normally. I decided to go back on Ritalin to improve the first factor. I am at a 40mg of Medikinet or Ritalin XR i think in the states. When i couldnt get any real effect from this I decided to measure out small doses of street speed daily till my test after which id switch back to the Ritalin. Dumb i know. It actually worked really well for about a month and then I started slipping. raising doses to get that extra boost. staying up at night to finish papers. I was able toget it under control and took a week off on only Ritalin which I then reduced down to only 20mg slow release but the pill opened up and the beads chewed up a bit to get a bit more mg instantly. Afterwards my tolerance was pretty reduced. The week made the psychological craving much higher though and in the last 2 weeks prior I loss even more control. I did what I was deadset on not doing. I stayed up once for two nights and last week and another one this week. The combination of ,an amount that I now knew was def not in any kind of therapeutic range and the super negative effects of sleep deprivation being hard to distinguish with the side effects of comedown, made me knew I had to do something or screw up this test completely. I decided to attempt a reset with magnesium, DXM and L-tyrisone and 5HTP. I also have a prescription for Trimipramine i take at nights. I started it on Sat with a double dose of 30mg of dxm in your typical night cold syrup. I didnt sleep that night for whatever reason and by morning I was so tired and the effects of the dxm plus and tried to set a new morning dose but felt none of the effects. I went to sleep at noon and slept for nearly 3 hours and felt like i could keep sleeping but i had to go to a wedding. felt so strange land removed from reality. like i was dreamwalking. no one noticed and i was complimented on looking good. By 8 I didnt want to keep fighting the tiredness that was now had a pleasant sleepiness of the kind i havent felt in ages. I went home took another dose of magnesium and this time 15mg of DXM. Woke up today after 12 hours of sleeping only interruped by waking up periodically to eat 2 burgers and 2 apple pies brought to me by a friend. I woke up soooo drowsy and measured out the smallest dose i think would have me functioning. It's really weird though I feel ok but there is this weird absent feeling like im not completely fully awake which Im thinking is from the dxm but not sure. Its a pain in the ass but ill take it if it helps me really reduce. My plan is to take the next week reducing down to the smallest amount of the street speed possible and then switching to Ritalin up until maybe 1 or 2 weeks before my test when I need to cram then go back on the speed till the test. I have a few questions for anyone who may be able to help me

1. What is a decent mg amount of DXM that will produce as little of this weird side effect of daytime fog but still help prevent or even reduce tolerance.
2. What about the nootropics. Any way L-tyrisone and 5HTP can help a bit? if so when should they be taken?

Any other advice would be really appreciated but the obvious "you should just get off now" comments are a waste of your time. I know I sound reckless but I have already decided I'd take extreme measures to get a good score on this test. Even if that means having to do some kind of intervention afterwards. I set up safeguards. I'm going to proceed. Id really appreciate any and all tips or ways you can point me that will keep me as psychologcially and physically as healthy as possible through and after this.

Thanks