My latest obssession

meats

Greenlighter
About a month ago, I had some music playing on the YouTubes while workin on stuff. As so often happens, my selection had long since ended and YT was off playing whatever it wanted. I had a rare "wow, what is that song?" moment and took a look at the name of the band. Chromatics. Oh hey, they're on the soundtrack to Drive. I vaguely remember that.
After listening to more of their stuff, I realized a couple things. One, it seems that I pretty much love anything produced by Johnny Jewel. Alongside Chromatics are Glass Candy, Desire, and so on. Two, I was late to the party. Apparently, Jewel has been forming bands and producing this stuff since the 90s. Three, how did I not come across any of this earlier? Jewel, and many of his cohorts, are from Portland. I lived there for several years. Oh well.

The style sort of changes depending on the song but, generally, it's 80s-inspired modern electronica with female vocals. Which hits several sweet spots for me. Highly recommended if you're in the mood for something to chill to. Makes good driving music too.