• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best way to keep LSD blotters for long time preservation? (fridge or not?)

Shamanick

Greenlighter
What's the best way to store my LSD blotters to remain their potency for as long as possible?

I have dark and dry: vacuum sealed and wrapped in tin foil.

But still unsure about the temperature. Room temp (18 ºC / 65 ºF)? Or should I put it in the refrigerator, and then what would be better: the cooling area (approx 4 ºC / 39 ºF) or really frozen (approx -18 ºC / 0 ºF)?

I'm also especially curious as to WHY - I've read other people advising "put it in the fridge" or "room temp is fine" but I never heard anyone actually explaining the difference. Does LSD chemically degrade or decompose faster at room temp, or does freezing temperature damage it, etc?

Thanks for any insights!

The colder the better. The reason I don't put my blotters in the fridge/freezer, is because it's a very moist environment, and it's hard to avoid the blotters attracting moisture - which is really bad.

Avoid the freezer - it is usually cold, but the power can fail and it will just be wet; also it is a public space, don't store strong medicine like this without locking it up and hiding it for public safety and your own security (that it will not be taken or tampered).

Storage does not require cold. My experience is storing for decades only requires a DRY hiding spot. (I have not used aluminum foil, and I wrap in paper and then an air tight arrangement - this increases the dry gentle contact with blotters)

The hiding spot should be private and dark, preferably with a lock.

The colder the better. The reason I don't put my blotters in the fridge/freezer, is because it's a very moist environment, and it's hard to avoid the blotters attracting moisture - which is really bad.
That's why good fridges come with dehumidifiers.

Ok sorry for a double post but Incunabula has a very valid concern.

I once stored a strip of "White Fluff" in a cabin freezer in the Adirondacks and somehow the damn thing defrosted overnight. Dose was wasted for sure due to the moisture exposture. But being fluff I still tripped my balls off in the most primordial cleanliest manner.

Just store it airtight in mylar or foil/ baggie and keep it between the pages of a book, I have multiple sheets and one for over a year with no noticable loss in potency

so it's ok if you never have a power failure and there are no strangers in the house and you have complete control of the behavior of people that share your fridge.

I nixed fridges 45 years ago, but suit yourself.

so it's ok if you never have a power failure and there are no strangers in the house and you have complete control of the behavior of people that share your fridge.

Exactly, there's just too many factors that play into using a fridge, plus taking them out to pull a tab and putting then back in time and time again would eventually cause some sort of moisture entering the bag

0. Split in packs of 10, for long term storage, or even smaller amounts if you want.
1. Wrap 1 pack in foil.
2. Vacuum seal once.
3. Put small vac-sealed bag in bigger bag, double seals on both end.
4. Put all your packs in a bigger bag, except 1 ( which will be your "current bag" ) and double seal again.
5. Put both the current bag and the long term bag in the freezer.
6. When taking them out, let them reach room temp and reseal to put back in freezer.

If you do all that, even if your freezer fails and your house get immersed in water cause of apocalyptic flooding, you will still be able to get that shit from what used to be civilization and trip balls with the other raiders/looters...

This is the best, most affordable and simple way, that I can think of protecting from light ( foil ), air ( vacuum ) and heat ( freezer ).

Same here pupnik, but 40 years ago for me. :) I tried freezer storage once in the 70's and they did get moist and can have a whole other set of problems. By 1980 I realized as cool dry airtight dark place can keep them good for years.

Saying that I am sure we've all had that blotter that was stored but went flat. Like the way morning glory seeds do. Yet I had a black pyramid from 1995 recently that was just as strong. And some blotters last years too.

the flat blotter may have never been good. some are not well doped. but blotters are most convenient, mostly because of simple storage requirements. as we have discovered.

Same here pupnik, but 40 years ago for me. :) I tried freezer storage once in the 70's and they did get moist and can have a whole other set of problems. By 1980 I realized as cool dry airtight dark place can keep them good for years.

Saying that I am sure we've all had that blotter that was stored but went flat. Like the way morning glory seeds do. Yet I had a black pyramid from 1995 recently that was just as strong. And some blotters last years too.

If you had Food Savers in the 70s, you'd still be using the freezer :). Vacuum sealing changes everything. And even if freezer vs room temp ( about 25c ) is only gonna save me 1-2% purity over 20 years, I'd still take it :)

I have dark and dry: vacuum sealed and wrapped in tin foil.

Then you've got it covered. Room temperature is fine. The reason is... it's fine. My stash is not even vacuum sealed, it's been in foil, a ziplock, and an airtight jar for about three years with occasional opening. Absolutely no reduction in potency.

Not only temperature but also strong temperature fluctuation may be a problem. Fridges or freezers can be very useful: the colder the better.. but the caveat is that you must also first make it airtight so that no water or humidity would be a problem. Baggies are not the kind of airtight you want, use vacuumseal, HDPE or mylar, or glass container with proper seal. You could consider adding a desiccant pack enclosed within the seal. Vacuumseal with proper vacuum eliminates the need to control the atmosphere in the seal as there wouldn't be any. Another option to go all the way is also adding an oxygen scavenger, iron filings, or I guess an anti-oxidant like ascorbic acid can work like I used for melatonin storage.
And lastly, protection against UV by blacked out or amber container, but there isn't normally any light in a freezer.

These measures become a factor with long term storage but short term probably not so much.