Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA caused Anxiety?

keterpier

Greenlighter
Hello everybody,

On the night that binds 21st to 22nd of August I took MDMA with my friend. We both had approximately 500mg. My trip started really bad. First i felt panicky and needed to wash my face and so on. My stomach was feeling bad i was feeling like puking, but that may be related to the tripe-soup i had a few hours ago. My friend took me out and i told him that we may need to go to a hospital and while we were sitting at the doorstep, i started to feel the substance kicked. After that everything was fine until we finished it all. I used MDMA 3 times in total, August, July and June. Approximately with 1 month break for each. The first two, we share a gram for 3 people. I never had a comedown effect as much as I remember. I always felt good and happy after the first two and i was able to sleep right when we felt like it. But this time I couldnt sleep really well and I didnt want to stay at my friends after a few hours of sleep.

I went stratight home and bed. Slept for a few hours. I felt really really tired which i hadnt felt before. I was still able to eat and watch something on the laptop etc. But the sleep did not come until 6 in the morning. The next day I woke up around 13:00 and I felt like my nose was too dry and full so maybe I wasnt breathing well. So i always felt like taking a deep breath from my mouth till i feel satisfaction which lasted a short time. This paranoia grew and grew and till it made my heart beat fast around 130bpm. Then my brother took me to the ER and we told them what it was etc. ( I also had lack of appetite) They made EKG and blood tests and they were all fine. Also my oxygen level was fine.

They gave me some beloc to stabilize my heart beat and told me to take cipralex for a month and sent me home. I took half of a cipralex when i went home and as I felt like it could help me sleep I took the other half as well but an hour later I was sweating and almost feeling like i was rolling again but with a really bad feeling. So we went to an another ER and they gave me some Diazepam to help me calm down and sleep but the sleep wasnt there anyway. i would always write conversations in my head for people who don't exist or that kind of thing. So after they sent me off from the ER, we went to a psychiatrist and she perscribed to me, seroquel 200mg, norodol 3 times 10 drops. I took half a seroquel (100mg) when i got home and did 10 drops. I was able to sleep soon enough and woke up feeling much better and were able to eat like I used to. I kept using them, half a seroquel and 3x10 drops, for a few days but my urge feeling to take a deep breath through my mouth from time to time continued. So we went to see a pulmonologist. He said everything was fine with my breathing but gave me an inhaler called FOSTER for I have had asthma in my childhood.

That day the doctor prescribed me the FOSTER, I was feeling full of life and the urge to breathe through mouth was less than before. But the next morning I felt breathless again and anxious. So we went to see both the pulmonogolist and the psychiatrist. The pulmonogolist told me to use them for a week or so and see him again but the psychiatrist told me not to. I also told her that I took half of 200mg instead whole, she told me to take 200mg and 4x10 drops this time and to begin with lustral 50mg, 3 days half. I took a whole seroquel but i didnt do 4 times drop instead 3 again. My sleeping with seroquel 200mg was the same with the half. I usually fall asleep after an hour I took it and wake up in betweens. like 2pm and then 5 or 6 and then almost every hour till i wake up properly.

But the next day with the urge of my friends I decided not to use seroquel and the drop for that day. Instead I took half of an Atarax to be able to sleep. That day I had eaten a hamburger and fries around 18:00 and nothing else afterwards. But i felt really bad and anxious for not taking the seroquel and my urge to breathe through my mouth was so much. I was panicking a lot so I took it but after 20 minutes or so, my heart was beating so fast, we checked it at home and it said 155bpm. So we went straight to the ER again, they made the same procedure EKG, blood test etc. all looked fine once more. Gave me some meds to stabilize my heart beat and panic and monitored me untill morning and sent me home. After i came home I was again not able to sleep so much, maybe an hour orso, but took all my meds as perscribed. But after I used the 10 drops of norodol in the evening, i felt weird and my brother checked my blood pressure and bpm. My blood pressure said 14 to 9 and my bpm was 100. We again went to the ER but there it said my heart beat was 95 orso and my blood pressure was normal. But they decided to monitored me for 2 hours. (I didnt have any appettite that day, yesterday, aswell so I could only eat a bit of rice and yogurt.)

The doctor told me that I could take seroquel so I did. but in 20 minutes my heart rate was 160 bpm... They stopped it again and reduced it to 80-90. Monitored me for another hour or two and sent me home. I was able to sleep but again I woke up around 4 in the morning, I was feeling like I could eat some stuff, so i ate some bananas and went to the bed again. I woke up again in between and finally at 11. My appetite was gone again, I couldnt put anything into my mouth and I was feeling panicky, with urge to take a deep breath constantly through my mouth. But because it is a bayram here in Turkey, the doctors are not working mainly the practicians do. So I was not able to see my psychiatrist but we went to a private clinic. Again they made the same drill with EKG and so on. Everything looked fine again. They gave me some oxygen and something similar to ativan. Before ativan the doctor urged me to eat somethings with salt so I did. After that medicine I felt fine, not panicky, I came home 6 hours ago but again I could not eat much but some peaches and bananas. Although this time at least I can get them into my body. Just not feeling like eating.

The doctor there told me not to take seroquel and the drops but continue with lustral. He said breathing control is totally in my hands and I should control it because when I do that it signals the body that things are wrong and cause more panic. I tried to do a little bit meditation today, was my first time. It seemed to relax me a bit. Now I will do that again. But I still have this urge to breathe through my mouth till I feel satisfaction. I try to eliminate it by taking a deep breathe through my nose and exhale through my mouth. But it doesnt always work. I still take a deep breath through my mouth. As the doctor told me not to take seroquel, he told me that I should wait long times, maybe till morning till sleep comes and only then I should take half a seroquel. I will try to do more meditations now as I have this breathing problem again. I am kinda scared that if i take seroquel i will have tachycardia again. But I am also not sure what will happen in 2 hours when I have to take my seroquel. The doctor also told me that it may take another 10-20 days before mdma is out of my nerve system. Is that true? What are your thoughts for all this? Is it anxiety from mdma? How long may it last? I am also thinking of getting cognitive behavioural therapy. Thank you so much for reading all this. I really really appereciate it.

The MDMA definitely won't take 10-20 days to be out of your system.

Honestly I think most of this was self induced and you would have been fine if you never went to the ER in the first place. If it were me I'd quit all the extra meds and not worry. Smoke some weed if you need to sleep and you'll be fine.

Btw 500mg is a fucking shit load of MDMA if you don't take it regularly.

Thank yo so much for answering. The weed is out of option now I stay with the family. So maybe I should just do as the doctor said. Wait until morning and take seroquel if I still cannot sleep. I can't also eat. The last thing I ate was 1 and a half toast with cheese and some fries and some yogurt and besides that some peach and banana. So i called the doctor for advice and he said to eat a little every two hours from the same meal.

Has anyone else experienced extreme fear, mind racing and death panic thoughts before off of pure MDMA at like 250mg ? If so, has anyone ever then after that experience had residual death panic (" I'm gong to die") while sober and just after drinking coffee or taking an etizolam up to a month after the experience? How did you get over that so you could be confident in using pure MDMA again after that? This recently happened to me for the first time and I've been using MDMA on and off in different forms since 2005 for emotional and therapeutic reasons. It has helped me so much I never go to raves or anything and would like your insight I'm new here I've been a lurker for years but, any shared experience with this would be appreciated or if you have insight as to why this would have happened in a safe home type setting?

Has anyone else experienced extreme fear, mind racing and death panic thoughts before off of pure MDMA at like 250mg ? If so, has anyone ever then after that experience had residual death panic (" I'm gong to die") while sober and just after drinking coffee or taking an etizolam up to a month after the experience? How did you get over that so you could be confident in using pure MDMA again after that? This recently happened to me for the first time and I've been using MDMA on and off in different forms since 2005 for emotional and therapeutic reasons. It has helped me so much I never go to raves or anything and would like your insight I'm new here I've been a lurker for years but, any shared experience with this would be appreciated or if you have insight as to why this would have happened in a safe home type setting?

You're draining neurotransmitters that regulate things like mood and anxiety, or lackthereof. I know a lot of people who get anxiety related symptoms post MDMA use which is a result of your body not being in homeostasis.

Rest, good nutrition, exercise, and supplements can all help but ultimately you are wrecking your balance of neurotransmitters with MDMA use and could potentially suffer a variety of negative effects until your body balances things out.

I had the same experience too. I didn't say drug was root cause of my anxiety/panic. I agree with Theko that drug may trigger anxiety/panic, but this definitely not the only factor. I used to be a introvert person in the past and didn't like to social with people. 5 years ago, I tried Ecstasy ( 8-10 tables every week for 2 years ), I felt more focus at work, eager to speak to stranger, more confident, etc. Of course, sometimes I had comedown. Now, I stopped any drug for 3 years and now living well. No more panic, my only anxiety would be possibly come from work.

So, I still believe MDMA is good for our living if we use it wisely.

gengarshadowfairy, Take some rest and try to think positively, you will be fine.

Thank you guys I'm back to normal wanted to check in.
My brother passed away from breaking our brother/sister against the world psychonautical codes and laws 8/14/16 in a bathroom. I realized after the previously discussed experience that I took a full 100mg to start and I was having my "peak" in the goddamn bathroom hindsight being 20/10 in this case I obviously was being subconsciously affected by the bathroom and having his death so recent. Month or so after the original experience I posted of panic. I mixed a blend of MDMA and MDA halfsies to make a gram then after blending I took 65mg of this MDxx compound WHILE keeping in the forefront of my mind that the bathroom seems to be a trigger and not to forget. So I was having a nice peak and then my roomie goes to the bathroom to puke (she pukes for some reason everytime she rolls at no more than 150mg total dose throughout the night) I took another 30mg and was getting "The Fear" when I realized she was still in the bathroom and I wrote down in a journal how pissed I was at my brother for being so fucking stupid and unsafe and how much I miss him even now writing this it hurts but anyway she comes out of the bathroom normal and rolling and glowy everything is perfect and I told her my discovery of my previous panics with roll and she gave me a big hug and I'm not a hugger and I know you guys can appreciate the healing that I experienced this years journey thanks to introspective awareness, safety, speaking out and non abusive use of MDxx compounds. Thank you and I'm sorry i didn't reply thank you earlier. I hope you guys see this still. What you wrote gave me a grounded insight that I used to get from my brother. I'm a lonely psychonaut now haha

If you are curious my stupid brother I love so much forever, we raised each other even though he was 8 years older than me... he taught me everything I know about tripping safe and what drugs do what to your body and what they interact with each other just everything (he was always on the web as a variant of Chechebo or in the late 90s as Gemini Guy lol). We were raised around drugs so we never saw them as bad we were just explorers haha. Well he crossed into dark territory with RC Opiates. He combined U4770 (I think they call it "Pink" now days idk it's absolute death garbage tho) with Cocaine (he said he bought 3g's and was probably just going hard like a fucking idiot and some alcohol to top off the stupidity, he obviously knew better.)

I channeled him after his death and he said he was sorry but his inner demons (from our childhood) just kept making him re-dose he was feeling so good (it was his 5 year wedding anniversary party) and the crash from U4770 is so fast and nasty yet the half life of it is NOT that fast in your body he kind of wanted to die but he promised me he didn't do it on purpose he just needed to keep the high...and we talk and hang out now whenever I take psychedelics and but that's another story ;D

? Love Light Unity Oneness Blessings Namaste Adonai ThankYou Peace ?

Very likely it is from the MDMA. After a binge a while back I suffered daily panic attacks for over a month, and breathing problems. I'm not a doctor obv but many of them don't really look into illicit drug use. I wouldn't take any of the garbage they give you, maybe the benzos but you definitely don't want to get addicted to those, they are very difficult to come off of. Personally I would try to fight it, your brain won't let you live like that forever. Maybe try to focus on something else. I remember when I had my panic attacks I was always checking my blood pressure and worried about having a heart attack and it made it worse. Hope you feel better man. And 500mg is a lot. That should have been spread out or not taken at all, but it happens. It's in the past now.

Hello everybody,

Thank you all for reading and replying to this post once again. It has been a long time and I thought I should write something here. gengarshadowfairy, I am very sorry for your brother. I hope he is in peace now.

So after all that panic attack series, I went to a neuropsychiatry hospital where they made an EEG and it showed that some area on the right frontal lobe was completely red which indicated why I was not having any joy and feeling panicky all the time... And the doctor said that to him it was obvious that mdma caused my problems, my silent endurance and stress come out. So he gave me sertraline(increased from 50 to 200mg), benzos (started with 15 drops a day gradually decreased) and olanzapine (5mg). Of course, initially I was feeling much better with benzos. I could at least eat and go out for a walk. But eventually I have started to think like, this may sound very stupid, although I do not proclaim not be a stupid^^, what if I just jump out of the window.. This has made me think sometimes almost every second of my life. When all this has started I had just newly finished my M.A program and was planning to move to Germany. So when it happened I did not really have anything better to do but just to think about all the things that could have gone wrong. Anyways, when I told my doctor and therapist about me thinking constantly about the fear of jumping out of the window, they both said that it is just obsession and nothing more. They did not really take it any seriously. To them it was something that would just disappear. So after a couple of months I was feeling like I could do sports and almost everyday I was out in the woods, jogging. Which really helped a lot but still I was constantly thinking of jumping out of the window. I tell myself everyday that how stupid this is to think because I have so much positive things in my life and I should focus on them etc. I was trying to build a defense against myself. There came a time, I was off all my meds, I even went to do my military service which actually felt surprisingly amazing because I did not think anything at all. The tiredness of the day just made me sleep like a baby. After I have got back, I started to smoke some weed now and then but really like a few puffs not like before when I smoked for hours. It was all fine but then I smoked some kush and a few days after that I have got sick, some kind of bacteria which made me throw up for a couple of days, probably from the chicken I have had in a restaurant. Just a couple of days after, I started to experience a mild depression that grew into thinking again about jumping out of the window and eventually led to an anxiety attack. So the doctor put me on the meds back again.

I decided to make my plan to move to Germany real so I applied for another master's program in Bremen, where I now study since October 2019. Back than I was still taking 200 mg sertraline and 3 drops of benzos (Clonazepam(0.1 mg per drop)) . Before I left Istanbul, my doctor told me to quit clonazepam in a week which I did by reducing it to 2 and 1 to 0. Then I visited my girlfriend in Berlin, the day I stopped taking the drops. I was already feeling like I was gonna have an anxiety attack in the bus but I kept still but after I arrived at her home I almost collapsed immediately, did not want to do anything but just stay in bed. I was feeling so powerless, fearing suicide, I was forcing myself to eat or drink water. Then after being like this for 3 days we went to the ER and the doctor there told me that the medication I have been using was not the best combination for my condition and that I have quit clonazepam way too quickly and he recommended that I see a psychiatrist in Bremen. The next day, while still in Berlin we went to a place where they give you advices for your problems. And the doctor there told me the same thing too. That this medication was not the best combination and actually clonazepam is given only to people with epilepsy in Germany. And I was on them for almost 2 years, oh man. The doctor I see in Berlin told me to cut down sertraline to 100mg and prescribed mirtazapine 15 mg and told me to keep taking 3 drops of clonazepam. (as of January, I haven't taken any clonazepam. yuppie ) Things were okayish and I was not thinking so much about suicide and I could feel some joy till I went back to Istanbul to visit my family. During my stay all I could think was to suicide. I did not tell anyone about it. I kept a normal face. After a week I have got back to Bremen and started to feel better again eventually.

Now I am still on sertraline 100mg and mirtazapine 15 mg. I feel normal. I try to focus on my studies and just get along with everyday life. I am also about to start a job here which is just food delivery with bike but that is okay. After I have better German knowledge I can find a better job though students are allowed to work max 20 hours here. I don't have any suicidal thoughts since January, not that much, sometimes it just crosses my mind in the mornings. It is still very alien to me why I fear of suicide constantly thinking about it. I had never in my life thought about this before. I still hope that it will disappear forever. It really sucks :) I am thinking about seeing a therapist here too. Well that is more or less my story of the last past roughly 2 years. I always thought how I missed life with this, but I think there is still more to it. (Ugh I'll die from cliché ^^) I miss doing mdma too :D but I just cant dare to do drugs again. Thank you all for reading, if you read, this post once again. I wish you all love & peace.