• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

September Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v It's Fall Again / The Sky is Falling

simco

Bluelight Crew
This thread is for anyone interested in improving their life this month.

Quitting drugs? Cutting back? Limiting harmful thoughts and behaviors?
Write it all down!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

August's thread is archived here

I wanted to give a quick plug for the brand spankin new Sober Living Partner Program. The program is aimed at helping members of the SL community find someone to share their recovery (or whatever else) with. It's very informal, and doesn't require much of you in terms of time, commitments, etc.

If you haven't checked it out, please give it a look.

If you have started participating but are having trouble finding a partner, feel free to post on the thread I linked to above, or PM me.

Likewise, feel free to post on that thread above or PM me with any questions or comments about the program.

<3 Sim

Thanks simco! :)

I can't believe it's a new month. Good reminder I need to open the LAVA photo contest to open it for voting ;)

having a hard time cutting down on shatter use. might invest in a volcano and switch to pot. :|

That sounds like a good idea CH. I have fallen in love with my Pax since moving, although it's no Volcano. It is rather wasteful with concentrate, vape flower reasonable well, but I learned the hard way it's all in the programming for it to get it working well. I watched Dying to Know on Netflix last night (herbs was definitely right, very sweet movie). Curled up with the Pax and the AC cranked up with our heatwave.

In other news, time to shamelessly plug LAVA :D voting is open on this round of LAVA's photo contest. Come vote: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/827404-Round-391-Extreme-Closeups-(Voting-Open)

having a hard time cutting down on shatter use. might invest in a volcano and switch to pot. :|

I have a volcano and have been pleased with it. But I gotta say, if you're willing to pay volcano prices, I encourage you to check out the Storz & Bickel "Mighty." Since I got my Mighty, I almost never use my volcano any more. The vapor quality is as good as the volcano's and it's much more convenient, IME.

I have a volcano and have been pleased with it. But I gotta say, if you're willing to pay volcano prices, I encourage you to check out the Storz & Bickel "Mighty." Since I got my Mighty, I almost never use my volcano any more. The vapor quality is as good as the volcano's and it's much more convenient, IME.

Nice one I've been thinking about buying a vape but wanted something a bit cheaper and more convenient than a volcano, I'll look at that.

Been trying to cut down on the amount of cannabis I'm smoking though so not if this will help.

Nice one I've been thinking about buying a vape but wanted something a bit cheaper and more convenient than a volcano, I'll look at that.

Been trying to cut down on the amount of cannabis I'm smoking though so not if this will help.

Unfortunately, the Mighty ain't cheap. There's another model called the 'Crafty' which is identical to the Mighty but has a smaller battery and fewer controls...it's cheaper.

Of course the world if full of vaporizers these days. But after a lot of trial and error I pretty much believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to vapes.

Last edited:
The mighty is still cheaper than a volcano. Might have a look at the crafty though, I just quit my job so saving a few quid would be good.

I feel my head going to a weird place, somewhere i have avoided going to in some time.

^^ Get the fuck out now... I do the same thing. If you stay there it grows. Do anything to get outside yourself.

I'd personally recommend exploring that kind of thing. Like a kind sort of curiosity, a gentle exploration.

Stuff has come up for me last week I hadn't though or in years. Super tough shit. Exploring it with the help of trusted, wise advisors and mentors has been very helpful.

Now, somni does make a good point. Gotta make sure ones needs are met and one doesn't end up getting stuck in that kind of place.

Feeling a bit down and isolated, but haven't given up. I went and saw the few people I can still talk to since most my old friends are active in a lifestyle I've had to let go of. It was good, I still feel down about not being able to go to most social functions these days though. I do feel better than the I had this past week so that's good. I plan on attending meetings next week once I get my license back.

thanks for the recommendation man. I'll look into it :)

^^ Get the fuck out now... I do the same thing. If you stay there it grows. Do anything to get outside yourself.

Yes, and quick before you start overthinking. It happens to me quite often and sometimes it sticks and spoils the day.

If you feel you are ready to exploit it in order to see what's going on with you I find it also very healthy. With me I can already detect what I need to get rid of the soonest possible from the things I really need to more involved with. I used to overthink too much during the first months off of of opiates and benzos. I still do it rather frequently but like I mentioned I get a sense of what's garbage (so to speak) and what's really worthy of my attention.

I hope it turns alright for you. It always does! :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Mighty ain't cheap. There's another model called the 'Crafty' which is identical to the Mighty but has a smaller battery and fewer controls...it's cheaper.

Of course the world if full of vaporizers these days. But after a lot of trial and error I pretty much believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to vapes.

How is cannabis helping you? I mean, do you feel it's about relaxing physically or more like a mental boost? I've been receiving a lot of recommendations to try ( I had done it before opiates but didn't really like it ) besides it's not illegal and it's not by my DOC at all, so I'm not that worried about relapsing.

How is cannabis helping you? I mean, do you feel it's about relaxing physically or more like a mental boost? I've been receiving a lot of recommendations to try ( I had done it before opiates but didn't really like it ) besides it's not illegal and it's not by my DOC at all, so I'm not that worried about relapsing.

For the most part I just find it relaxing. And escaping tension and fear was such a big part of why I used that I think this is helpful. Early on in recovery, I sometimes used it when cravings were overwhelming...it kind of hit the reset button. This in in sharp contrast to booze. Unlike pot, booze amplifies my cravings, which I guess is pretty common.

I think it's worth exploring. But obviously it's a personal choice.

Nice input, thanks. I totally agree about the contrast between MJ and booze, so not worth it IMHO.

Cannabis isn't for everyone, but it helps me a lot. It's quite relaxing, enjoyable, reduces cravings and stress, great for PTSD symptoms. While cannabis is psychologically addictive for me, it's only mildly so (especially compared to meth or heroin), and I don't feel is very physically addictive (if at all; it is a hotly contested subject).

Thanks CH! It's always great to hear your opinion. My problem with opiates has taken me to the darkest places. I need something light. Now that I can choose the strains that work better for me, I think I might. Back on my old days of MJ I didn't know how to choose and often ended up with anxiety. Now I'm hoping this changes.