Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Psilocybe galindoi truffles (15g) - insight for personal development

Munchie

Greenlighter
I bought these at a smart shop in Amsterdam last night and went back to my hotel room to take them. To put things in context I haven't been getting on well with my wife for years, and in the last few days we have argued more and I have been feeling pretty low in mood. I had fasted for the last few hours. She was trip sitting me and we lay in bed after I ate them. I was expecting visuals to be the first sign of an effect, but 2 hours later there were none. Just after the 2 hour point psychological effects began. It's hard to put them into words but a mixture of thoughts and emotions hit me: I felt suddenly very guilty about making her life unhappy, I felt a new awareness that she needed to be looked after and cared for, that she had been a child earlier in life looked after by her parents and had been passed to me now. I realised that I have been living my life with a focus on what I am getting out of other people including her. It is as if I have been unable to see that my attention and aim needs to be redirected towards trying to make her happy. It is often said that psilocybin holds a mirror up to the user and tells you what you need to know about yourself. I felt this trip gave me a new insight into other peoples feelings. I cried for hours. Visuals were stronger around 3 hours with colour intensification, walls distorted, objects rippling. I hope the insight changes my behaviour. Towards 4-6 hours I felt nauseated, restless and agitated. This faded and I slept.

substancecode_mushrooms
substancecode_truffles
substancecode_psilocybin
substancecode_psilocin
substancecode_tryptamines
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, welcome, thanks for sharing. :) Sounds like a wonderful thing. Probably the greatest value of psychedelics is how they can facilitate a break from your normal mental patterns that are so normal you might not even be aware of them, and show you how you are. This can lead to great personal growth and change. I wish you luck in maintaining the insights you received.

By the way I edited your post only to add "tags" for easier categorizing and searching.

I wish I had a good experience with shrooms. I got supposedly 2 grams (looked more like .5 or 1 gram) and took it hours ago and am feeling nothing. Im kinda pissed.

(Yay, 50th post!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Munchie, that was pretty deep. I hope the overall effect helped you and your wife in some way. Very happy you received revelation in a major area. This is where the positive growth can begin.