MAPS LSD and the Future of Psychiatry

lupo4mica

Greenlighter
What is written below was originally a message to a single person, but for various reasons I was unable to pass the message to that person. The point of this thread is firstly to initiate awareness concerning today's pharmaceutical industry in general and about the potential of LSD in medicine. This is a very serious matter that is not being addressed enough, because only we would understand where the problem is, then at least we would know where to begin to look for the solution and I am not somebody that will settle for half-truths or something that will make man feel better, but will never really solve man's many problems.

I tried various chemical substances in my life and I guess tried is a highly under-exaggerated term to use. I have learned many a lesson and most of these chemical substances that I have tried before are no longer on the list for various reasons, but acid seems to be the one that just stays there on that list and it might stay there for the rest of my life, like it was with Albert Hoffman or Jim Morrison.

There is something very special about this chemical substance. It is extremely compatible with the human mind, something that a psychiatrist cannot say about the many different prescribed psychotropic drugs. In fact drugs used in psychiatry are extremely dangerous. My best friend's friend abused a prescribed psychotropic drug of some kind for three days in a row and he had some extraordinary hallucinations, but after the amazing drug session was over, he's brain was basically fried. There has been some permanent changes to his brain and he never really returned to reality, he wasn't himself anymore.

Now, when it comes to acid, it is a completely different story. I tried various different kinds of psychedelics and none are so compatible with the human mind as LSD, not even the psilocybin in the magic mushrooms, despite the fact psilocybin is produced naturally, whereas LSD is a human invention, it's a synthetic chemical substance. The amount of acid I took in my life, really I do not know where to begin. Basically A LOT. Anyway, I did acid sessions that would go on for days and nights in a row. One time I got this very nice special acid, meaning it was of high quality and very concentrated, something like 200 micrograms per tab and it had the Alex Gray painting of Albert Hoffman on it. It was like this, cause this was the anniversary of Albert Hoffman's death or birthday or something like that. Anyway, this acid was high quality made and purified by some proper chemist. So I had like about 49 tabs in total. I began the trip on Friday night and by Sunday night I was left with about 6 tabs, meaning I used in that 48 hours 43 tabs of acid, more or less. Once the Sunday was over, I returned to normal. These are facts based on experience and that is just one experience of many and as for the potential of acid in medicine, especially psychiatry, I know there is enormous potential, but the entire mechanism of how psychiatry works would have to be revolutionized.

Back in the days when LSD was legal, they did a lot of studies on the use of LSD in psychiatry. These studies showed that LSD is a very promising molecule in that field, but then certain events involving acid and it's misuse have been amplified by the media and suddenly LSD was demonized once and for all. All these psychiatric studies on LSD suddenly were as though they never did exist at all. Suddenly the image of LSD was one that of a demon. I once went to a second hand shop and looked through a pharmacological dictionary from the 70s and I read up the info about LSD and it was written there that LSD is highly toxic and that medical professionals state in general that LSD has no potential in medicine, which completely contradicts the results of these psychiatric studies done on the use of LSD in psychiatry back in the day. Toxic? That is ridiculous, I have read various studies about the potential physical harm LSD can do to the body and the only studies that did show any sort of harm was the studies concerning the effects of LSD on chromosomal DNA of reproductive cells, meaning that LSD was able to cause some mutations in those chromosomes, but some of these studies showed that the same effect of the same magnitude has the molecule of caffeine, therefore anyone who is drinking coffee is potentially harming his own children according to these studies and to take into account the amounts of caffeine present in coffee to the amount of LSD used by an individual, that is a huge difference. A shot of an Italian espresso can have something like 200 mg of caffeine that is 200,000 micrograms of caffeine and if you took 200,000 micrograms of LSD you would probably fly to the moon and never come back. A typical tab these days is about 100 micrograms and if you take 250 micrograms of LSD, you will be off your head big time. If you're like me, you might end up using something like 4 mg of LSD in 48 hours, that's still 50 times less than the amount of caffeine in a single espresso.

The point I am trying to make is that the info in the 70s pharmacological dictionary, though official information from those days on LSD, was complete and utter bullsh*t. So what actually happened to LSD and why did it get demonized in society? The answer is very simple my friend. Some people that love money realized that LSD had the potential to be a wonder drug in the field of psychiatry and like I said there have been many studies done in the past that suggested that. So these people reasoned "What good will it be for our business to help people using LSD when we will help them be cured from their many psychiatric disorders, never again for them to have the need for more medication? In order for our business to thrive for decades and even centuries to come, we must focus to make drugs that will not heal people from their problems, but that will only get rid of the side effects caused by their various disorders and in so we will create life-long customers that will be buying our drugs in order for them to lead normal lives."

More or less this is the general description of the current days pharmaceutical industry, especially the psychiatric one. These people knew that LSD was a potential obstacle to their life-long business, so in order to safe guard this business they had to get rid of the main obstacle and so they made a demon out of LSD and put the lid over it and labeled it with many lies, about what it does and cannot do to help people!

People can think that this is just a theory, but the reality is that none of the psychiatric drugs cure anyone. Pain killers get rid of the pain and in fact create pain killer junkies on the long run, but they never eliminate the problem behind the pain. Another example is of my friend that was taking some psychiatric medication for his mild mental problem and he took that substance for many months and he was doing well, the medication did help, but the moment he stopped taking the medication the problem came back. In the past I read a book about medicine, it was a fictional book, but based on real information and there was this scene that took place during a lecture in a medical school and the lecturer was giving a lecture to young medical students, this was their first lecture and he said something like this “Number 17 is the most important number in medicine in the present moment, does anyone present here know why?”, then several medical students attempt to guess the reason behind the number 17 and it’s importance in medicine, yet no one has a clue what the professor of medical studies is talking about, so eventually he reveals to them the secret behind the number 17 and he says “17 is the number of diseases that medicine have discovered cures for”.
We live in the 21st century, we have made some major advancements in science and technology, we are capable of creating miniature powerful computers, we have reached physically to the furthest planets of our solar system and looked deep into the far distances of our universe, yet we still are unable to understand our own bodies and how they function to be able to cure diseases such as cancer at the genetic level, the same applies to deadly viral infections such as HIV and the list goes on and on. I study Chemistry on degree level, a work in progress, but the reason I do it, is because I want to do something about mankind's many problems, to actually solve problems rather than do some patch up jobs in order to fuel a money making machine! I want to discover and invent chemical substances and techniques in medicine that will actually heal people from their many problems, including cancer and viral infections. And amongst the various future cures, I assure you that LSD is on the TOP TEN LIST.

I lived through those times and saw things first hand.

They did not make it illegal because it was a wonder drug, but rather because it opened people's eyes to the lies being foisted on us by Johnson and Nixon. They could not let people see the lies or the population would not be fooled and controlled as easily.

That and MK Ultra wanted to use LSD as a cold war weapon in espionage, and we sure couldn't have LSD so readily available. If you have not taken the time yet I would advise you to read "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test".

Thank you for your reply White Rose.

There is a lot to it than what I have written and I agree with you about what you are saying concerning that a less aware population is more easily controlled and manipulated. Yet there is more to LSD than just to help people to expand their minds and raise their awareness about reality as a whole and it is not that it was a wonder drug, I assure you that it is and there were many studies carried out in the past that suggested LSD is of great potential in psychiatry, but that what happened to LSD in society made that potential impossible to be realized. In medicine you don't just put a chemical substance on the black list knowing there are medical studies to support it's use in medicine, therefore what happened to LSD is not some unaware action, this has been done very cleverly and for specific reasons. You must understand that how psychiatry came to be shaped was highly influenced by this lack of presence of LSD as a form of therapy, because to use LSD in psychiatry a completely different approach is needed. With LSD or MDMA for that matter the approach is more of the kind that you give the patient the tools and the patient himself with some sort of external guidance is able to be cured, that is why I written the whole approach of how psychiatry works would have to be revolutionized.

I will look into the book you suggested.

Thank you.

lupo4mica said:
One time I got this very nice special acid, meaning it was of high quality and very concentrated, something like 200 micrograms per tab and it had the Alex Gray painting of Albert Hoffman on it. It was like this, cause this was the anniversary of Albert Hoffman's death or birthday or something like that. Anyway, this acid was high quality made and purified by some proper chemist. So I had like about 49 tabs in total. I began the trip on Friday night and by Sunday night I was left with about 6 tabs, meaning I used in that 48 hours 43 tabs of acid, more or less. Once the Sunday was over, I returned to normal.
Woah. That's a lot of acid.

While I love acid myself and I don't disagree with you, at least not entirely, regarding it's potential as a therapeutic aid, I would say that your experience is likely not typical, and I think many people would be profoundly altered for a week or longer afterwards having used ~9mg of LSD in 3 days... and this is not even taking into account those with latent mental illnesses that are triggered by such a monumental acid binge.

Also, again, as much as I do love acid both recreationally and as a tool for personal growth, I take issue with some of your statements where I think you overstate the case for LSD a little. Yes, LSD is a beautiful substance, and a potent entheogen, capable of inducing quite transcendental states in human beings. It is also a very powerful hallucinogenic drug, capable of inducing quite significant changes in personality that may or not be beneficial - in fact I would argue there are many reasons to think it is basically a genetic coin-flip whether these changes will be beneficial or not. I have heard LSD and other psychedelics described by those involved in their scientific research as "nonspecific amplifiers" which I think is a pretty apt description - I do not think they guarantee spiritual awakening or personal growth but merely amplify various latent states and feelings within the human mind... and while we can control some of this by taking care of set and setting and all the harm reduction basics, I think it's likely that some of this is just predetermined by our genetic makeup and the way our brains are structured, and therefore out of our control.

More specifically...

lupo4mica said:
the reality is that none of the psychiatric drugs cure anyone. Pain killers get rid of the pain and in fact create pain killer junkies on the long run, but they never eliminate the problem behind the pain. Another example is of my friend that was taking some psychiatric medication for his mild mental problem and he took that substance for many months and he was doing well, the medication did help, but the moment he stopped taking the medication the problem came back.
I think that you are at risk of throwing the baby (of the whole field of modern psychopharmacological research) out with the bathwater here (the bathwater being profit-driven corruption, biased studies, and bad science that has emerged from "Big Pharma"). Yes, many widely prescribed modern psychiatric drugs are of dubious actual benefit. But I don't think it makes any sense to think that there is nothing useful at all in the vast cocktail of chemicals that have come out of modern psychopharmacological research, even if that research is largely funded by capitalist behemoths with questionable goals. Yes, many modern prescription medicines for psychiatric conditions are band-aids, if that, and need to be combined with therapy and other approaches to actually get to and resolve the problem. But that said, for every anecdotal report of someone that had a bad experience with something that they were prescribed, there is likely someone for whom classical SSRIs (for example) were a godsend and gave them the psychological space to work through the root of their psychiatric condition.

Psychiatric pharmacology is a field which is very much in it's infancy, and yes, many current prescription drugs are blunt instruments that do not treat the actual problem. Psychedelics like LSD may well hold the key to a different and more lasting approach - but, psychedelics are just one tool in the toolbox of substances that affect our minds, and I think it would be foolish to just dismiss everything else.

lupo4mica said:
I want to discover and invent chemical substances and techniques in medicine that will actually heal people from their many problems, including cancer and viral infections. And amongst the various future cures, I assure you that LSD is on the TOP TEN LIST.
You have admirable goals, but again, I think you're overstating the case for LSD here. If LSD is ever going to be anything, it will be a psychiatric drug, but you seem to be grouping together psychiatric drugs with all other medicine.

LSD is never going to cure cancer or HIV. Additionally, there will always be a segment of the population who just should not take LSD or any other hallucinogen. In fact as much as LSD can be a useful tool for personal growth, I'm finding it hard to come up with something that LSD can definitively be said to be a cure for. "Cure" to me implies something that you can take and it will just fix your condition, but I don't think that any psychedelic can be said to fit this description.

There is already research being done in various parts of the world using hallucinogens to treat various psychiatric conditions, but a big part of the process is the control of the environment within which the trip takes place, and the presence of mental health professionals to guide the patient through the experience. Without these factors, the benefits of psychedelics as therapeutic tools, or, indeed "cures" becomes far more dubious.

In a very general sense these other factors just amount to a safe, nonthreatening setting, and the presence of trusted trip sitters, ie, basic harm reduction, and if these are considered an important part of the experience, which, I believe, almost everyone would agree that they are, then LSD is nothing more than a therapeutic tool - just like many modern SSRIs, which also require the regular presence of a therapist to be really effective as a "cure".

Edit: Urgh, just noticed this thread is a year old. Ah well, my points stand.

Last edited:
Well well... I read Escape Fantasy giving an "authoritative" opinion that LSD has no medicinal value...

While anecdotal evidence is not really a proof in the contemporary scientific sense my personal experience of taking LSD suggest that it has an astonishing medicinal potential.

I suffer from Schizophrenia and depression for several decades, and have been taking medications almost my entire adult life. There is no class of antidepressants that I haven't taken (to very small or no improvement); and I was on two (not concomitantly) of the most efficacious atypical antipsychotics (Amisulpiride and Aripiprazole). While I never suffered any major side effects from the medications the benefits were mild at best and only at the beginning - with time (in terms of months) my condition gradually deteriorated despite taking the pills religiously. No need to tell I was spending not an insignificant amount of cash every month.

With the exception of inhaling some weed a few times many years ago I never took any illicit drugs. Before I managed to get my hands on LSD, that's it.

I've been curious to try LSD for many years, but never got the chance to find some. Finally, last year an acquaintance of mine helped me to buy a few tabs. I took a piece alone at home, but did the mistake of not stopping my meds well in advance so my body could have the time to get rid of the substances and return to its natural state. As a consequence I didn't experience a "proper" trip - afterwards I read that the antipsychotic I was taking and the LSD act, among other things, on the same receptor, but in a conflicting way so, apparently, the antipsychotic partially neutralised the LSD. Nevertheless, after the trip wore out it slowly dawned on me that I never felt so good, and not in a superficial way! Gone was the anxiety and the racing cycling psychotic thoughts, I felt grounded as never before; my perceptions were sharp, not blunted as with conventional medications, yet I was coping very well and didn't feel overwhelmed/ panicking because of all the stimuli from the external world; I could go out and experience pleasure; I could even laugh from time to time. In a word, I was absolutely stunned by the long-lasting positive effects.

Some time afterwards I stopped all my conventional medications for several weeks and only then I took another blot. This time all was fine and the effects blew me away - I can't even recall some of the time. The post-LSD improvement of my condition lasted for about two months, and during this time I was completely off from my usual psychiatric medications.

Unfortunately, because to the illegality of LSD, I have no precise information about what dose I took and/or the relative purity of the substance. All I know is that the powerful effects lasted for about 3 1/2 hours, and after about 5 hours I was completely sober.

The moral of the story is, if the ban in the 1960s didn't happen and LSD continued to be used in psychiatry my life would've been much different and much more productive to my and to the society benefit.

Well well... I read Escape Fantasy giving an "authoritative" opinion that LSD has no medicinal value...

While anecdotal evidence is not really a proof in the contemporary scientific sense my personal experience of taking LSD suggest that it has an astonishing medicinal potential.

I suffer from Schizophrenia and depression for several decades, and have been taking medications almost my entire adult life. There is no class of antidepressants that I haven't taken (to very small or no improvement); and I was on two (not concomitantly) of the most efficacious atypical antipsychotics (Amisulpiride and Aripiprazole). While I never suffered any major side effects from the medications the benefits were mild at best and only at the beginning - with time (in terms of months) my condition gradually deteriorated despite taking the pills religiously. No need to tell I was spending not an insignificant amount of cash every month.

With the exception of inhaling some weed a few times many years ago I never took any illicit drugs. Before I managed to get my hands on LSD, that's it.

I've been curious to try LSD for many years, but never got the chance to find some. Finally, last year an acquaintance of mine helped me to buy a few tabs. I took a piece alone at home, but did the mistake of not stopping my meds well in advance so my body could have the time to get rid of the substances and return to its natural state. As a consequence I didn't experience a "proper" trip - afterwards I read that the antipsychotic I was taking and the LSD act, among other things, on the same receptor, but in a conflicting way so, apparently, the antipsychotic partially neutralised the LSD. Nevertheless, after the trip wore out it slowly dawned on me that I never felt so good, and not in a superficial way! Gone was the anxiety and the racing cycling psychotic thoughts, I felt grounded as never before; my perceptions were sharp, not blunted as with conventional medications, yet I was coping very well and didn't feel overwhelmed/ panicking because of all the stimuli from the external world; I could go out and experience pleasure; I could even laugh from time to time. In a word, I was absolutely stunned by the long-lasting positive effects.

Some time afterwards I stopped all my conventional medications for several weeks and only then I took another blot. This time all was fine and the effects blew me away - I can't even recall some of the time. The post-LSD improvement of my condition lasted for about two months, and during this time I was completely off from my usual psychiatric medications.

Unfortunately, because to the illegality of LSD, I have no precise information about what dose I took and/or the relative purity of the substance. All I know is that the powerful effects lasted for about 3 1/2 hours, and after about 5 hours I was completely sober.

The moral of the story is, if the ban in the 1960s didn't happen and LSD continued to be used in psychiatry my life would've been much different and much more productive to my and to the society benefit.

If I were you, I would just stock up and buy a whole sheet of 100 tabs. That will last you a long time. I don't know how to preserve it but I'm sure someone here does.

Thanks so much, L4M, I'm with you. On treating chronic pain with psychedelics, maybe have a look here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/833181-Treating-chronic-pain-with-psychedelics

I want to discover and invent chemical substances and techniques in medicine that will actually heal people from their many problems, including cancer and viral infections.

Good for you! On treating cancer with psychedelics, maybe have a look here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/846883-Treating-cancer-with-psychedelics

On treating infection with psychedelics, here's some stuff I've been collecting that will maybe help you on your way:

Harmaline and its derivatives against the infectious Multi-Drug Resistant Escherichia coli

Multidrug resistance (MDR) is a major challenge in the treatment of infectious diseases. The MDR in urinary tract infection causing bacteria, such as Escherichia coli, has made treatment of UTI very difficult. The aims of the current study were to synthesize a library of harmaline derivatives, and to evaluate their activity against various strains of multi-drug resistance (MDR) E. coli. Harmaline derivatives were synthesized by the reaction of harmaline with various acid halides and anhydrides. These compounds were subjected to susceptibility determination by in vitro MTT assay. The changes in morphology of the bacterial cells after the treatment with harmaline and its derivatives were studied through scanning electron, atomic force and fluorescence microscopy. The current study demonstrated that harmaline, and its derivatives were identified as anti-MDR agents against MDR strains of E. coli. Harmaline and its derivatives were identified as anti-MDR agents against various highly resistant MDR clinical isolates of E. coli. These compounds may serve as the leads for further studies towards the development of treatment against the infections caused by MDR E. coli.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28124613

-----

The psychedelic mushroom Psilocybe semilanceata has been shown to strongly inhibit the growth of Staphylococcus aureus. An in vitro study showed that the cannabinoids CBD and CBG powerfully inhibit MRSA, in addition to the terpenoid pinene which occurs in cannabis. Cannabinoids (components of Cannabis sativa), including cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN), cannabichromine (CBC), tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabigerol (CBG), show activity against a variety of MRSA strains.

https://www.slideshare.net/arunamdas3/mrsa-2

-----

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections. MRSA is a bacterium responsible for several difficult-to-treat infections in humans. It is also called oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (ORSA).

MRSA is any strain of Staphylococcus aureus that has developed, through the process of natural selection, resistance to beta lactam antibiotics, which include the penicillin's (methicillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin, oxacillin, etc.) and the cephalosporin's.

Strains unable to resist these antibiotics are classified as Methicillin-Sensitive Staphylococcus aureus, or MSSA. The evolution of such resistance does not cause the organism to be more intrinsically virulent than strains of S. aureus that have no antibiotic resistance, but resistance does make MRSA infection more difficult to treat with standard types of antibiotics and thus more dangerous.

The psychedelic mushroom Psilocybe semilanceata has been shown to strongly inhibit the growth of Staphylococcus aureus. An in vitro study showed that the cannabinoids CBD and CBG powerfully inhibit MRSA, in addition to the terpenoid pinene which occurs in cannabis. Cannabinoids (components of Cannabis sativa), including cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN), show activity against a variety of MRSA strains.

https://www.slideshare.net/arunamdas3/mrsa-2

-----

Staph Aureus most commonly colonizes the anterior nares (the nostrils). The rest of the respiratory tract, open wounds, intravenous catheters, and the urinary tract are also potential sites for infection. Healthy individuals may carry MRSA asymptomatically for periods ranging from a few weeks to many years. Patients with compromised immune systems are at a significantly greater risk of symptomatic secondary infection.

In most patients, MRSA can be detected by swabbing the nostrils and isolating the bacteria found inside. Combined with extra sanitary measures for those in contact with infected patients, screening patients admitted to hospitals has been found to be effective in minimizing the spread of MRSA in hospitals in the United States, Denmark, Finland, and the Netherlands.

About 75 percent of community-associated MRSA infections are localized to skin and soft tissue and usually can be treated effectively. But some CA-MRSA strains display enhanced virulence, spreading more rapidly and causing illness much more severe than traditional healthcare-associated MRSA infections. These can affect vital organs and lead to widespread infection (sepsis), toxic shock syndrome, and necrotizing ("flesh-eating") pneumonia.

The psychedelic mushroom Psilocybe semilanceata has been shown to strongly inhibit the growth of Staph Aureus, and can also be used to kill and prevent the growth of Staph Aureus.

http://www.wiki30.com/wa?s=Methicillin-resistant_Staphylococcus_aureus

-----

The seeds of Syrian Rue or Peganum harmala contain very strong naturally occurring MAOi. Although it is a psychedelic of its own right, it is usually used to make the intense psychedelic brew Ayahuasca. Syrian rue's strong monoamine oxidase inhibition offers an affordable way to potentiate high doses of DMT-bearing plant material. Many people who make ayahuasca use Syrian rue instead of Banisteriopsis caapi.

http://psychoactives.wikia.com/wiki/Syrian_Rue

-----

Antimicrobial activity of Peganum harmala against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)

Mehdi Goudarzi, Hadi Azimi
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran

Staphylococcus aureus, as a major cause of infection in either hospital or within the community, is responsible for a diverse spectrum of human infections and diseases such as pneumonia and bacteremia. This pathogen has an outstanding capability to acquire resistance, especially against methicillin, making it able to persist in the hospitals and the community. Soon after the introduction of penicillin in the 1960s, methicillin resistant S. aureus (MRSA) emerged and it has been endemic in hospitals around the world since 1980s. MRSA strains are shown to be able to rapidly develop multi-drug resistance (MDR) although a variety of therapeutic measures, including antibiotic therapy, have been introduced. The emergence and spread of MRSA harboring multi-resistance genes have increased academic burden. Proof caused serious therapeutic problems, and worsened controlling infection in hospitals.

Peganum harmala is a medicinal plant used in the Iranian traditional medicine, due to the antimicrobial compounds found in its seeds and roots. The main objective of the study was to investigate the antibacterial activities of P. harmala seeds on MRSA strains. During an 11-month descriptive cross-sectional study, 90 MRSA strains isolated from hospitalized patients in ICU wards were investigated. Micro-broth dilution method was employed to evaluate the antimicrobial effects of the extract on MRSA strains. The results revealed that the P. harmala extract is very effective against MRSA strains isolated from ICU patients and may be useful in treating some of the infections.

Considering the antibacterial activity of the seed extract of P. harmala against MRSA clinical isolates, it can be concluded that this extract could be exploited as an affordable and available source of therapeutic agents as well as an alternative approach to resistance management. Hence, it can be suggested for the treatment of MRSA infections although it is recommended that more studies be carried out to elucidate the precise bioactive natural compounds that lead to cytotoxicity against HEK 293 cell line.

https://cdn.neoscriber.org/cdn/serv...fdcf20ade6dff/iji-In_Press-In_Press-15592.pdf

-----

Cannabis kills MRSA, disrupts Prion Diseases

Cannabis is a potent antibiotic that can kill methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and disrupt the progression of prion diseases such as Creutzfeld-Jakob (Mad Cow disease), according to the New England Journal of Medicine.

Scientists from Italy and the United Kingdom reported in the Journal of Natural Products that the main active ingredient in weed, THC, as well as four other cannabis molecules
showed potent antibacterial activity against six different strains of MRSA of clinical relevance.

Cannabis also stops prions, a type of protein that can cause neurodegenerative diseases. Once prions get into a brain they replicate rapidly and shred brain tissue resulting in a spongiform appearance on post-mortem histological examination of neural tissue.

In 2007, American and French researchers reported that cannabis molecule cannabidiol prevents prion accumulation and protects neurons against prion toxicity in the Journal of Neuroscience.

Cannabidiol inhibited prion accumulation in mouse and sheep prion disease cell cultures and inhibited prion formation in the brain of infected mice given injections of CBD. The authors conclude that CBD likely represents a new class of anti-prion drugs.

These findings are encouraging, as prions are very difficult to kill. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, presently there is no FDA-approved treatment that can cure or even control Prion disease.

MRSA kills about 18,000 Americans each year and sickens about 94,000.

https://www.eastbayexpress.com/Lega...t-cannabis-kills-mrsa-disrupts-prion-diseases

Last edited:
I lived through those times and saw things first hand.

They did not make it illegal because it was a wonder drug, but rather because it opened people's eyes to the lies being foisted on us by Johnson and Nixon. They could not let people see the lies or the population would not be fooled and controlled as easily.

That and MK Ultra wanted to use LSD as a cold war weapon in espionage, and we sure couldn't have LSD so readily available. If you have not taken the time yet I would advise you to read "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the words that are said above me some up everything.