• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health No safety seal...anxious I was poisoned

majaks

Greenlighter
I got a bottle of a liquid anti anxiety supplement (CBD) from the store and I noticed it didn't have an outer or inner safety seal. I took one serving and then started to worry that maybe I shouldn't have. I called the store and they said the other bottles are sealed. I can't stop worrying that someone might have poisoned it. Am I being paranoid? Is there a more likely explanation for no safety seal being on my bottle when the other ones were sealed?

Maybe you should take the bottle back to the store you bought it from?
In the future maybe check your bottles before you leave, will save you a whole lot of anxiety....

I took it back and got a new bottle and I will definitely be more careful in the future. I am just wondering what could have happened to the bottle I used and thinking the worst...

I'd be interested to know how you feel this works for anxiety. I have never heard of this application for CBD.

I'd be interested to know how you feel this works for anxiety. I have never heard of this application for CBD.

It works fairly well for me when I am having mild anxiety. Seems to calm my body down a little...at least when I am not worrying about a bottle that was potentially tampered with.

I don't agree with psychiatric diagnoses but this would no doubt be labeled by a psychiatrist as a "paranoid delusion"

But seriously there is no reason the workers at the store or anyone else would have poisoned your CBD. Why would they? They would only lose customers. I do believe you are being paranoid.

I don't agree with psychiatric diagnoses but this would no doubt be labeled by a psychiatrist as a "paranoid delusion"

But seriously there is no reason the workers at the store or anyone else would have poisoned your CBD. Why would they? They would only lose customers. I do believe you are being paranoid.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think its probably just something like a manufacturing defect or someone removing it to steal a little?

Well it's certainly cause for concern. I think that, probability-wise, it was just a mistake. The outlet that sold it to you should be providing you with a new, sealed product.

Unfortunately it has happened before. Some phycho poisened a bunch of Tylenol bottles with arsenic which is why safety seals were made mandatory.

Unfortunately it has happened before. Some phycho poisened a bunch of Tylenol bottles with arsenic which is why safety seals were made mandatory.

Yeah, that's what has me worried...

You would dead by now if u got poisoned.

Once, years ago. It is such absurdly unlikely as to not be worth worrying about.

I 100% promise you you haven't been poisoned. You're just suffering from paranoia and anxiety. I promise you're fine and need not do anything. You're probably more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightning.

I'd tell you to go to the hospital if you're worried, but I really don't feel right suggesting that since it would be a waste of medical resources where virtually anything else they could wind up being used for would be a better use if them than your case.

I'm not trying to have a go at you here, I understand you're suffering from anxiety and can't help how you feel, that's not your fault and you're not in any way to blame for anything here, you've done nothing wrong, just try and remember there's no virtually no risk whatsoever that you've been poisoned. You'd be far far more likely to be run over and killed by a car in the way to the hospital than you are likely to have been poisoned. That's not a joke, you really are in more danger from being killed in some traffic accident going to the hospital than you are in danger of having been poisoned.

So try to reassure yourself that you're at no remotely plausible risk, and try and do something to help your anxiety.

You'll be ok, I promise you haven't been poisoned.

Yeah if yit u go to the hospital you will likely be diagnosed woth schizophrenia. Then they will poison you with neuroleptics.

Once, years ago. It is such absurdly unlikely as to not be worth worrying about.

I 100% promise you you haven't been poisoned. You're just suffering from paranoia and anxiety. I promise you're fine and need not do anything. You're probably more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightning.

I'd tell you to go to the hospital if you're worried, but I really don't feel right suggesting that since it would be a waste of medical resources where virtually anything else they could wind up being used for would be a better use if them than your case.

I'm not trying to have a go at you here, I understand you're suffering from anxiety and can't help how you feel, that's not your fault and you're not in any way to blame for anything here, you've done nothing wrong, just try and remember there's no virtually no risk whatsoever that you've been poisoned. You'd be far far more likely to be run over and killed by a car in the way to the hospital than you are likely to have been poisoned. That's not a joke, you really are in more danger from being killed in some traffic accident going to the hospital than you are in danger of having been poisoned.

So try to reassure yourself that you're at no remotely plausible risk, and try and do something to help your anxiety.

You'll be ok, I promise you haven't been poisoned.

Thanks for the reassurance, I am feeling more relaxed! I did not have any symptoms so I didn't go to the hospital. I tend to have catastrophic thinking in cases like this and am trying to retrain my thinking as to not jump to the worst case possibility. If you had the same thing happen to you what would be your initial reaction? Would you figure there are far more likely and benign reasons for a safety seal being gone? Thanks again, I am about ready to put my anxiety to rest on this

Someone could have bought it and returned it and they didn't check for the seal when they restocked it.
Someone could have been taking the bottle out of the box and removed the seal to sniff it or something. People can be idiots like that.

i dont mean to scare you but i have smelled PCP in those vials of 'nicotine juice'

Smelling PCP (what you percieve to be PCP - pehaps more likely the residual chemicals in a poorly reacted synthesis) does not mean PCP was present. Only a lab test could prove that.

E juice is made out of propylene glycol, isn't it? I'm sure that - and whatever else is in 'nicotine juice' (nicotine, i guess? ;)) is sure to smell like some funky chemicals.

Sometimes when i smell cat piss, i'm pretty sure i can smell mephedrone...but i'm pretty sure it's just cat piss.

Presumably you're talking about store-bought, commercially manufactured stuff - right?
I'd say the odds of that containing PCP are pretty low.

ive made my own juice and other people that have gone to the same smoke shop have confirmed my feelings. i dont have definite lab proof but my friend has done it before so its just anecdotal evicdence from a few people. 2 people say its pcp it might be a coincidence, but when more than 1 people say it, its a trend.