Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-AcO-MiPT / 30 mg) - First time - Bird of Prey

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
Previous psychedelic drugs taken include 2C-E, 2C-C, 25I & 25C-NBOMe, LSD & prodrugs, DMT, DPT, DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-AcO-DET, 4-HO-EPT, and 4-AcO-DPT.

~~~

After trying 4-AcO-DET, then 4-HO-MPT, my controlled investigation of the 4-substituted tryptamines continues, this time with 4-AcO-MiPT — yet another member of the psilocin family with a four-carbon tail. Again, I made painstaking efforts to ensure that the conditions surrounding my trip (including dosage, setting, time of day, diet, caffeine consumption, etc.) were identical to my previous trials with the other compounds, so that I could clearly distinguish the intrinsic differences between the molecules. Lucky me, it seems that I got my wish: I thought that 4-HO-MPT might have been a favorite, if only the bothersome physical side effects were dialed back in favor of sheer classical psychedelia. In a nutshell, this is exactly what I found in 4-AcO-MiPT, and I couldn't be happier.

T+0:00 – 30 mg 4-AcO-MiPT fumarate was dissolved in a glass of orange juice, and taken at 9:00 P.M. on a typical weekend at home alone, chased by ginger tea. Within minutes, the high begins to ascend.

T+0:20 – I'm writing a text message to a friend, and I just barely finish composing my thoughts before I'm so overwhelmed with emotion and restless energy that I can barely operate the phone. I head outside for a walk up the street.

As I'm walking, I'm startled when a large bird of prey (a hawk?) swoops down and glides past me, not a meter from my ankles, as if mother nature herself sent this majestic creature to consecrate the occasion.

T+~0:40 – I stop to soak in the hilltop vista. What do I see? Not just the rugged mountainscape encircling the valley below, but my own inquiry, What do I see?, in pure, naked candor. The city lights in the distance glistened like a twinkle in my own eye, gazing back at me in an impeccably polished mirror. I was amazed, yet it simultaneously seemed obvious. I laughed... what did I expect?!

T+1:00 – I get back home. Time dilation was significant; I had guessed that it was somewhere around T+1:45. I take my blood pressure, which reads 128/73, and my pulse, which is 144 (this calmed down considerably later in the trip). At this point, I become so immersed in the experience that I abandon my notes, so I'm uncertain of the timeline henceforth.

T+~1:10 – I've rarely ever made any attempt to dance in my life, but tonight, I was inspired to start developing my technique. I put on a suitably energetic EDM album (Savant – Jester), and began to move. At first, my body felt absurdly difficult to coordinate, like a marionette with broken strings, and I was rather self-conscious. But, as time passed, the mind-body connection gradually clicked into place, and I became transported to another world brought to life in my imagination by the sonic textures and motions of the music. I channeled a continuous story through my dancing: one moment, I was a samurai, parrying and slashing with my katana; the next, I was a peasant in the rice paddy, kneeling down with my hands folded in prayer that the hot sun would soon fall below the horizon. (I hope that was a deft performance in your mind's eye, because I'm under no illusion that it was in reality. ;))

T+~1:40 – I stop to catch my breath and check out the visuals. Colors are brightened, and if I stare in one place long enough, geometric patterns in my visual field seem to peel off their original surfaces and take on a life of their own as they proliferate and evolve. The closed eye visuals were gorgeous; for example, vines spiraled around each other in double-helices, which themselves were similarly twisted in larger double-helix pairs, ad infinitum, dotted regularly with buds that all blossomed in unison to flowers that morphed into faces, animals, and all manner of objects, in rainbow color.

T+~2:00 – I'm finished for now with the music and dancing, and I can't exaggerate how happy I am. I've reached a level of hypomanic bliss that I haven't in years, and I'm almost literally bouncing off the walls with energy, pacing round and round faster and faster in circles as my mind races with ideas. I am increasingly driven to conclude that, for all my life, I have suffered from chasing a kind of fundamental inner authenticity which I only now realize I've had from the very beginning — I may have been disingenuous or hesitant, but I was genuinely disingenuous, unwaveringly hesitant!

I take a moment to lie down and clear my thoughts. My body is sublimely comfortable, and the mere sensation of cool air on my bare skin is priceless.

T+~2:00-6:00 – I wind down by smoking some cannabis, contemplating life, and browsing the internet, where I find some videos of beautiful poi and hula dance performances, which I thoroughly enjoy.

T+~6:00 – Famished, I eat a large meal, then go to bed.

T+~9:00 – Finally fall asleep.

T+~12:00 – Wake up, still perceptibly intoxicated, if only slightly. I'm tired, but otherwise well.

Conclusion

4-AcO-MiPT is now without question my favorite 4-substituted tryptamine, as it fulfills everything I desire from a psychedelic drug — music enhancement, stimulating visuals, and most importantly, a chance to recharge my spirits and brush out the inner cobwebs with some deep soul-searching — while lacking any appreciable side-effects. I'm hard-pressed to think of a single criticism I can levy against the molecule (except perhaps for the limitations inherent to the psilocin family as a whole).

The comparison to 4-HO-MPT is interesting. As the acetyl group on 4-AcO-MiPT likely doesn't change much from 4-HO-MiPT, I'm guessing that the bulk of the difference is due to the rearrangement of the propyl on 4-HO-MPT to an isopropyl. To me, this largely preserves the general "personality" of 4-HO-MPT, yet appears to disrupt whatever mechanism caused the bodily numbing and stiffness I experienced on the drug, which are ever so slightly present in 4-AcO-MiPT, but only noticeable if I make an effort to look for them. Indicative that 4-AcO-MiPT is easier on the cardiovascular system, my blood pressure was only barely above normal at T+1:00, even though I was experiencing quite a bit of nervous tension at that moment (as indicated by my very high pulse); whereas, on 4-HO-MPT, my blood pressure was more significantly above normal at T+1:00 despite being totally relaxed. There are a few other differences between the two molecules; 4-HO-MPT was a bit more sedate, and had a heavier emphasis on mind's-eye visionary content, whereas 4-AcO-MiPT was more sharply stimulating and emphasized vivid sensory visuals. (I wonder if the relationship between -MPT and -MiPT would hold for -EPT and -EiPT? If it did, 4-HO-EiPT might be an excellent psychedelic.)

As one final note, due to the general trend I've observed in the relation of base tryptamines to their 4-substituted counterparts, I have a VERY good feeling about base MiPT, which will almost certainly be the next substance I try... although, I suppose I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. Until then, stay swirly!

substancecode_4acomipt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. :) I absolutely love 4-HO-MiPT, I find it quite euphoric, somewhat entactogenic, with some earthy depth (as in, doesn't seem very ego-dissolving but I am able to think about things very well), and I'm probably going to get me some 4-AcO-MiPT relatively soon because I've heard several people say they prefer it over 4-HO-MiPT. Have you tried both? Or anyone who has, how would you describe the ways in which they differ?

Awesome. :) I absolutely love 4-HO-MiPT, I find it quite euphoric, somewhat entactogenic, with some earthy depth (as in, doesn't seem very ego-dissolving but I am able to think about things very well), and I'm probably going to get me some 4-AcO-MiPT relatively soon because I've heard several people say they prefer it over 4-HO-MiPT. Have you tried both? Or anyone who has, how would you describe the ways in which they differ?

I have tried 4-HO-MiPT in the past, but it was many years ago, and I never took it in comparable conditions, so unfortunately I can't really speak for the comparison to 4-AcO-MiPT. But yes, people generally seem to slightly prefer the acetate to the indolol. I'd love to hear your comparison once you have tried them both. :)

It was very euphoric for me as well, but the euphoria felt fairly natural to me. I think I was mostly just happy that I found such a great psychedelic with no body load. I know what you mean about the earthy depth; like 4-HO-MPT, it was quite lucid. But make no mistake, this substance has some serious spiritual horsepower... I personally found it to be more readily ego-dissolving than most other 4-substituted tryptamines.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I love about it, it's very euphoric but not in a drug-like way, it feels like a tremendous joviality and giddiness, like a really great mood. I feel that way about LSD too, and other lysergamides I've tried.

...one moment, I was a samurai, parrying and slashing with my katana; the next, I was a peasant in the rice paddy, kneeling down with my hands folded in prayer that the hot sun would soon fall below the horizon...
Awesome! =D

I wonder if the relationship between -MPT and -MiPT would hold for -EPT and -EiPT? If it did, 4-HO-EiPT might be an excellent psychedelic.
I also thought the same and would like to see that molecule synthesized...8)

Very good report, TheAppleCore! I am of the same opinion on this tryptamine - 4-AcO-MiPT is well-balanced and with it's own character, being quite easy on the body is a big + :D

^^^ IME 4-AcO-MiPT can be used in a lot higher dosages without the limiting side effects of it's 4-HO counterpart. On 30mg of 4-HO I'd be pretty jittery and with too much adrenergic activity, 4-AcO is a lot smoother that way. Also 4-AcO is "sparklier" and longer lasting. 4-HO appears smoother and slower in action, more serious in approach. IMO 4-AcO-MiPT is just like 4-HO-MiPT with an LSD twist to it instead of mushroom one (for 4-HO) if it makes any sense at all...:D

Just yesterday I was testing 4-HO-MiPT at the dose of 17mg and it was pretty good - I came to conclusion that MiPTs are very sensitive to prior use of stimulant, nootropic and some supplements, Ashwagandha in particular - I think in conjunction they cause me to experience adrenergic? chest compression and chest pains. This time I took L-Arginine, Magnesium and some garlic and the trip was pretty good without much discomfort, except for some manic thinking that "I gotta do something" for couple of hours :sus:

Cool, yeah that makes sense, thanks. :) Sounds great, I hope I find it more LSD-like as well. It may be my next acquisition... although there are so many tryptamines. And I already have 4-HO-MiPT...

Oh, the DECISIONS I am forced to make! 8( 8)

Very good report, TheAppleCore! I am of the same opinion on this tryptamine - 4-AcO-MiPT is well-balanced and with it's own character, being quite easy on the body is a big + :D

Glad you enjoyed, Volsam. :) I do love a clean body feel!

IME 4-AcO-MiPT can be used in a lot higher dosages without the limiting side effects of it's 4-HO counterpart. On 30mg of 4-HO I'd be pretty jittery and with too much adrenergic activity, 4-AcO is a lot smoother that way. Also 4-AcO is "sparklier" and longer lasting. 4-HO appears smoother and slower in action, more serious in approach. IMO 4-AcO-MiPT is just like 4-HO-MiPT with an LSD twist to it instead of mushroom one (for 4-HO) if it makes any sense at all...:D

I'm curious if the same holds for 4-AcO-MET vs. 4-HO-MET... I'll be acquiring some of the former soon to make the comparison for myself.

Just yesterday I was testing 4-HO-MiPT at the dose of 17mg and it was pretty good - I came to conclusion that MiPTs are very sensitive to prior use of stimulant, nootropic and some supplements, Ashwagandha in particular - I think in conjunction they cause me to experience adrenergic? chest compression and chest pains. This time I took L-Arginine, Magnesium and some garlic and the trip was pretty good without much discomfort, except for some manic thinking that "I gotta do something" for couple of hours :sus:

There was indeed a noticeable adrenergic edge to 4-AcO-MiPT for me, especially in the come-up phase, before I settled into the plateau. I felt very jittery, and my heart was racing. I can imagine that mixing it with stimulants would be unpleasant, and as a regular tea drinker, I'm wondering if I would have lessened the come-up jitters had I skipped my afternoon tea.

Oh, the DECISIONS I am forced to make! 8( 8)

It's a tough life, being a psychedelic enthusiast in 2017, I tell ya...

Awesome report man, thanks for taking the time to write it up. :) It sounds like a pretty fantastic experience, one of those fleeting gems we search for....

I love the way you describe the dancing, and not just because you were doing it to one of my favorite artists. :p As I've told you before, that sort of dancing out a story is something I got particularly strongly on 4-HO-MET myself, as well as on many LSD experiences, and to a lesser extent with other things.... I actually loved that you started doing it completely spontaneously despite not dancing normally the most though, because that's a difference from me, I dance all the time and had before I ever had these sorts of experiences, but nonetheless that it is that sort of dancing, just playing with it and letting your imagination out, to whatever extent I could in the state I was in, that really got me to be able to dance with the sort of fluency that I can now though, just from doing it as much as humanly possible whenever the mood struck until I got good... so if you're hoping to increase your deftness in the future, I think you're on the right track! ;) I will say though, while I do very frequently listen to EDM on psychedelics, when I had my best 4-HO-MiPT experience for dancing I actually by far enjoyed dancing to Sing Sing Sing the most. :3 It just seemed to work more for my personal tastes with the way that 4-HO-MiPT (and MiPT) is unique even among most psychedelics for me, the style that I have described as burlesque.... My imagination was *really* running wild when I danced to that song on it, lots of erotic mind's eye imagery on a level that most things don't compare to.... (Interestingly, I think 5-MeO-EiPT might have actually been the closest to it for me so far.)

The visuals you got sound beautiful, I'm jealous. :) I really hope I can get that level of visual from 4-HO-MiPT one of these days, it seems that most people who do really enjoy them.... Not that I'm in any way lacking in that type of beauty from other tryptamines, I'm just greedy. 8)

I will say too that I'm also quite interested in 4-HO-EiPT, though I wonder just how close it will actually be to 4-HO-EPT relative to 4-HO-MPT and 4-HO-MiPT.... There don't seem to be any hard and fast rules for me, like 4-HO-MiPT is like half as active by weight as 4-HO-MPT for me whereas 4-HO-DiPT is like three times as active as 4-HO-DPT. These things can surely be hard to predict....

Glad you liked it! ^_^ I did a bit of dancing on 4-HO-MET recently as well, and while I mostly preferred to just absorb the music and visuals while sitting still, when I did attempt to move around I felt like 4-HO-MET certainly had the same potential, if not moreso, than 4-AcO-MiPT for that sort of stream-of-consciousness dancing. Haha, I never would have thought to try dancing to swing music on a psychedelic, but now that you mention it, I'm sure it would be a blast in the right mood.

Now that I've directly compared 4-HO-MET to 4-AcO-MiPT, I can put their respective visuals into context a little better... I want to say that 4-HO-MET's visuals are steeped with a playfully irreverant attitude, and contain lots of flamboyant curvy filigree, and bold neon colors. On the other hand, although 4-AcO-MiPT's visuals were comparatively less detailed and sharp, they nonetheless had a more dignified, sacred quality, evoking the holiness of something like stained glass windows in a cathedral. Overall, for a satisfying visual experience, between the two I'd have to say that 4-HO-MET would be the choice instrument for me, with the visuals on 4-AcO-MiPT being icing on the cake for an experience primarily focused on emotional and psychotherapeutic effects.

Oh yeah, 4-HO-MET is fantastic for dancing, definitely comes recommended from me. :) You do have to get the right dose though; 50 mg for me was much like you say, preferring to lounge around and absorb things instead. But yes, you definitely need to listen to swing on psychedelic when the mood strikes, it's pretty fantastic. =D

I can definitely relate to your visual descriptions of 4-HO-MET compared to at least 4-HO-MiPT. Pretty much the only change I would make for myself is that I also find 4-HO-MET to feel more sacred, all the way up to the point that I have seen vivid open eye visuals in broad daylight of a woman that I have referred to as the goddess of hedonism, adorned in the most beautiful mixture of fetish clothes and organic imagery arranged into a royal clothing pattern, with a sense of divine joy radiating outward from her and also into the visual experience around her.... The qualities that you describe for 4-AcO-MiPT on the other hand, I do get them on 4-HO-MiPT, but I've mostly characterized them with words like vast, also because of the cathedral-like grandeur and dignity, though I would also describe it as cosmic in a way like 4-HO-MET, perhaps more so, but without that same divine feeling for me. It's fascinating how common and relatively fixed but also somewhat differing these qualities can be....