AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

mayweather vs. mcgregor

David Wooderson

Bluelighter
What are your thoughts?

I think it's bad for boxing and a joke.

That said I think Mayweather will obviously win.

rocky-iii-hulk-hogan-thunderlips.jpg

No way Trump will win the election. This is his first campaign and he's up against one of the most experienced politicians of all time.

I'd like to see MacGregor do a KO, but I guess that won't happen.

this is a gimmick and a massive cash grab. but everybody is talking about it...

i don't know much about fighting - and i understand mayweather is much older - but i think the boxer wins.

alasdair

Mayweather is going to beat the piss out of him. Crap gimmick. I wanna see best 2 out of 3 1 boxing match 1 ufc fight then a bare knuckle brawl to finish it off.

"You can't just climb in the ring with Ali cause you think you can box"

I'll give McGregor a slight chance if he comes out throwing all haymakers and can get a lucky first round knockout, if it goes past the first round then Mayweather will do what he does best. That said I hope it's not too much of a snore fest.

People are missing the point about the premature stoppage. McGregor was going to lose, it was clear he was too fatigued at that point to knock Floyd out. The point is: McGregor could have (and WOULD have) gone the distance, and that would have been perceived as a win for Conor and MMA. It would have been an embarrassment. I have never in my life seen a more ridiculous stoppage. Those of us who had been looking forward to this fight for months and paid money deserved to see someone hit the floor.

The idea that the ref was "saving" McGregor from some kind of catastrophic damage is hilarious. Sure he was tired, but he was NOT hurt. He was still present. He wasn't even close to being defenseless or getting knocked out.

Last edited:
That was a lame fight. McGregor boxed like the amateur he is. Mayweather just let him tire out before beating the crap out of him.

People are missing the point about the premature stoppage. McGregor was going to lose, it was clear he was too fatigued at that point to knock Floyd out. The point is: McGregor could have (and WOULD have) gone the distance, and that would have been perceived as a win for Conor and MMA. It would have been an embarrassment. I have never in my life seen a more ridiculous stoppage. Those of us who had been looking forward to this fight for months and paid money deserved to see someone hit the floor.

The idea that the ref was "saving" McGregor from some kind of catastrophic damage is hilarious. Sure he was tired, but he was NOT hurt. He was still present. He wasn't even close to being defenseless or getting knocked out.

Just caught it on youtube because I wasn't paying the kind of money they were asking for a potentially weak fight.

I liked it, though, for the most part. It wasn't any crazy Tyson- or Ali-esque highlight reel kind of shit, but I thought McGregor really held his own for much longer than I expected out of him.

I was disappointed with the decision to call the fight, though. I agree that McGregor was losing in that moment and probably overall, but he had already had a second and third wind when it seemed like he was just about done a few rounds earlier... and plus, I didn't think he was in that much more trouble than he'd already been in during that 10th round.

My issue is that they both still seemed ready to continue and neither seemed overwhelmingly injured, despite all the illegal moves on both fighters' parts.

Mayweather was clearly ahead at that point, though. I just wanted to see it go the distance or, more preferably, end with a clean knockout.