Training Log First Test Cycle Log

Another day of squat rack drama. Won't even get into it, but it looks like I will be returning tomorrow to squat.

Odd, though, because I am well-rested and fed and took a strong pre-workout, but I am weak in here. One of those days I suppose.

Okay, so when coming off cycle I hear two arguments:

(1) Train hard, perhaps even harder, to try and hold on to strength and muscle.

(2) Training really hard when your natural levels have bottomed out will end up making you extremely catabolic and you'll undermine your intentions.

So not taking about the PCT debate, but how should training be carried out in the weeks/months after cycle to mitigate losses?

Started getting some bicep/elbow pain flat benching heavy triples today. Not necessarily bad pain, but almost like my nerves get fried in that area. If I take a deep breath and exhale, I get a reverberation effect in that area. Goes away ten minutes after benching. I dunno if there are any specific warm-ups I can do, or if CNS frying is unavoidable doing this stuff.

Okay, so when coming off cycle I hear two arguments:

(1) Train hard, perhaps even harder, to try and hold on to strength and muscle.

(2) Training really hard when your natural levels have bottomed out will end up making you extremely catabolic and you'll undermine your intentions.

So not taking about the PCT debate, but how should training be carried out in the weeks/months after cycle to mitigate losses?

People overestimate the "losses". Eat in a surplus and keep training and you wont lose a significant amounts of muscle ( yes you will lose 6-8 pounds or something along the lines but most of that is water and a tiny amount is actually tissue. Im talking less than a few pounds. ) Don't overdo it training wise, expect some weight and intensity loss, but don't stress about it..

GF's right, especially since you aren't doing crazy high doses.

You could also do what I recommend to most coming off a cycle: as you taper down and off, taper down your calorie and supplement intake. Then in the weeks post-cycle, raise them back up (moreso supps, somewhat calories). So while you're dropping your anabolic stimulus from AAS, you're partially filling reversing it with supps and calories. In terms of manipulating supps, leucine/BCAAs and creatine are especially handy since they help to block myostatin.

Interesting way of pleasing it in terms of myostatin. I will consider that all in my planning.

I've also heard about Divanil (3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran) as something to take post-cycle. Not sure if it's legit or snake oil. You guys know what this is?

Yeah, isolated from stinging nettle, binds to SHBG. Most of what I've read in the past suggested it won't really raise test levels (though may help with BPH). I haven't seen anything recently to suggest otherwise?

Post-cycle a concern would be dislodging a flush of bound oestrogen (since it takes longer to metabolise than test) which would be undesirable and potentially set-back recovery.

Though I guess as long as you use the AI as suggested by GF in the final weeks, your oestrogen shouldn't be too excessive at that point.

Either way, it doesn't really seem like something worth spending $$ on imo.

Week 7 Day 2

Took this week off to give my CNS a break and everything a deload, and I had some personal stuff to deal with. I didn't eat enough on the days off, and I don't feel as conditioned today. But back at it.

Flat bench 5x4 @ 215
Hack squat 4x5 @ 320, 1x3@ 340
T-barbell rows 5x5 4 plates
Machine fly 8, 10, 12
Straightbar pushdown 8, 10, 12
Rope Hammer curl 8, 10, 12
Stuff for calves and obliques

No nerve pain when benching. So yes, time to do the second half of this cycle right ?

Seems like a good time to deload. Usually when I'm pushing hard I have to back off around weeks 6-8 depending on other factors as well. Usually it's a week of light cardio and stretching. Then the week back I'll have some lame training sessions as the cns isn't primed anymore but then it's boom!

I definitely have noticed that my limbs fall asleep much more easily on cycle. Holding my phone with one hand for five minutes... Asleep. Sitting weird on concrete for five minutes... Foot is asleep. Strange.

Really no idea what would cause that but I'm guessing some mechanism similar to HGH maybe with increased water and glycogen retention? Think it's bad with gear, growth is a bitch and a half haha. Something like telmisartan could help if it gets to you

^ agreed, it's probably because your IGF-1 levels are through the roof right now thanks to the AAS, or maybe just because the growing mass is sitting tight in the fascia, compressing the arteries. Maybe it has some benefits, like occlusion training ;) If it gets super annoying you could block angiotensin as suggested or drink plenty or take some natural diuretics now and then. For me, it's really only when I add tren to hGH that I get that effect.

Deca leaves me with my arms falling asleep all the time. Could just be water retention

Deca leaves me with my arms falling asleep all the time. Could just be water retention

I'd be a little concerned Serotonin, you have a heavy physical job if I remember correctly and only in your 20's..

I started with similar nearly 20 years ago, look into correcting your posture, employ an orthopaedic pillow etc, it's possible you are in early stages of spinal nerve entrapment C6-C8..

I'm just a student now so we'll see if that issue comes back this off season.

Pinned, aspirated just fine, injected and then had a bit of a cough and blood came out. Not a lot of blood. What I am used to when I bleed. But I just got a bit dizzy and got that feeling in my throat, just like hitting a weed pipe and having a coughing fit...

If I did go into a vein, will it still absorb? Or should I do another shot anywhere between 0-100% of this one?

Pinned, aspirated just fine, injected and then had a bit of a cough and blood came out. Not a lot of blood. What I am used to when I bleed. But I just got a bit dizzy and got that feeling in my throat, just like hitting a weed pipe and having a coughing fit...

If I did go into a vein, will it still absorb? Or should I do another shot anywhere between 0-100% of this one?

If blood appeared, in combination with coughing it's likely you've nicked a vein..

Pinned, aspirated just fine, injected and then had a bit of a cough and blood came out. Not a lot of blood. What I am used to when I bleed. But I just got a bit dizzy and got that feeling in my throat, just like hitting a weed pipe and having a coughing fit... If I did go into a vein, will it still absorb? Or should I do another shot anywhere between 0-100% of this one?
I believe it still absorbs, I'm not really sure but everywhere I read about hitting a vein never say anything about re-pinning but just that the coughing fit is troublesome.