Training Log First Test Cycle Log

Sorry to hear relationship stuff still causing aggro and pain. I totally sympathise having had some really tough breakups myself. Training (and gear!) was about the only thing that kept me sane, motivated and purposeful in those periods.

I doubt the test effect is all placebo at this point though. Blood levels rise very quickly even with enanthate, and some (like me) start to feel the effect in just a few days. It's probably happening and you're just not realising it yet (as you're living it all day every day). The increase in strength and size usually takes a bit longer to really notice though.

As for legs, they've always been my favourite bodypart to train and also grew relatively easily (too well vs upper really) and were disproportionately strong when I trained heavy, back in the day. The most obvious variable for me was always food not exercises though - if I eat massively, my legs grow very fast (like 1/4" per week). If I eat conservatively, the changes are very slow and subtle, more like detailing and shape.

As well as the exercises you listed, I enjoy lying incline dumbbell curls (for hammys) and about 3-4 leg press variations to hit inner/outer and upper quads, and unilateral pressing for focus to get that really deep exquisite burn, plus a leg press variation to hit glutes hard. I really enjoy intensity, volume and copious exercise variations on leg day, and it's generally always worked. No training on the next day though. You doing any calf work?

Yes. I don't really think about calves as part of leg work, though. At the ends of all of my workouts I do a couple sets of forearms, calves and rear delts.

1-leg dumbbell raises. I will put my toes on a plate, hold the wall with one hand and a dumbbell with the other.

Same thing with the plate, only two feet and on the Smith machine

Seated calf machine

The one that looks like a hack press machine

Calf extensions on the leg press

Ya, I am not sure I really believe the popular opinions about kick in time being 3-6 weeks. The pump I got tonight after the gym and the filling out of the shirt effect... I am not used to this on week two of a training block. My strength gym closed at 7 today, so I had to do a BBing routine at the other gym tonight after work (will do strength the next two days). Again, horrible sleep and adrenal fatigue and just crushed 37 sets in two hours and felt unstoppable. Had to suppress desires to be one of those annoying dudes in the gym acting like he is at war. Kept getting a psychological rush from the pain, did not seem to tire. Also feeling flushed red a lot as I lift. Kind of reminds me of working out on a high dose of DMAA, but I didn't even take a pre-workout. Did shoulders, back and legs.

I'm experiencing my first side-effect, which is a redness/flushing of my skin and what feels like a minor sunburn. Not bad at all, but has been flaring up now and then the past two days. BP was just 131/91 and 126/81 (or close, I forget) an hour ago. No baseline BP, though, and I am stressed out and active at work. Pulse up a bit too. It's all manageable for sure, but hopefully it won't get much worse.

OK, I am expecting my first real side-effect, which is warm flushing skin. It feels like a minor sunburn. And my BP is 126/81, so a bit high. I am at work and stressed out, though. I can handle this as long as it doesn't get significantly worse. Will monitor BP going forward

I'd be happy with your BP... 120/80 is regarded as normal, +6 on systolic isn't much to concern yourself with..

Flushing skin might be a autonomic vasodilatory response to stress, I can't find this as a side effect of LGD..

In response to your previous statement regarding "kick in times", testosterone hits the blood after a few hours, don't believe what you read on popular steroid boards..

"adrenal fatigue"........ really..!! :)

Haha, well some of the symptoms that get pinned to the term adrenal fatigue... Tiredness, stress, etc. Probably should have just left it at that. But I just slept 10 hours and feel much better now.

The highest BP I got yesterday was 141/81. I have a pharmacy next to my work and I just go in there and have it done on their machine. I don't know how good the machine is compared to a trained human.

Missed the gym yesterday, so I am doing a morning and an evening session today. Don't have to work.

Weight is up 3.2lbs so far. Don't feel bloated or like I've added any fat. But I did have a 2500 calorie cheat meal last night at a Chinese restaurant. Should I increase my water intake? I'm drinking the same amount of water as I always have. Is it as simple as more water, more water weight, better leverage, more strength, more muscle?

Today's morning session:

Plate-loaded hack squat 5x5
Barbell back squat 5x5
Flat barbell bench 5x5
Smith machine shrug 5x5
Misc. high tea calf, side delt and forearm work

I didn't feel quite as "on" today, but I typically do feel weaker in the morning.

BP was fine both times I checked it today.

How's it going mate? You starting to feel the cycle more now?

It's hard to say. I have not turned the proverbial corner, no. And this weekend was rough on both diet and training, as I had to put in some overtime and got little sleep. But I'm going to this gym in an hour or so today, rested and back on a strict diet.

It's again hard to really attribute anything to the cycle. I'm getting stronger, yes, but I was starting from a weaker point then I was at a couple months ago. If I blow through my sticking points on the big three, that will indicate it working. But it's not quite time for that yet As well, I feel much better pumps now, but I am also training with higher reps ranges. My skin is still flushing and oily, but who knows.

My stamina in the gym is up, though. Like two hours in and I still want to chase RPE 9/10s.

Enjoy your workout, and don't totally knacker yourself in there just yet - save that intensity for further along the cycle :)

Dear lord, two hours in the gym?! I'm usually dead after an hour. Maybe up your intensity a bit and shorten the workouts workouts unless the two hours includes cardio/stretching etc.

They are long because I have long rest periods on my strength days. Five minute rest periods on a 5x5 puts twenty minutes as a lower bound. If I do four 5x5s, well that's a good 90 minutes. Throw in bathroom, water fountain and miscellaneous BS, well there you go.

So I mean, I could do 3x3s instead, but I feel better climbing weight with sets of five. And I need long rest periods to train heavy. I mean yes, I could cut rest time and just decrease the weight but... Ya, no ;) My bodybuilding workouts are 60-80 minutes.

I had a really strong workout tonight. Added another fraction of a pound, but feel dryer and leaner than last time.

Back Squat 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1
Incline BB Bench 5x5, 4, 3
Trap Bar Row 5x5
Deadlift 1, 1, 1, 1
Misc side delt, forearm, calf and ab stuff

I broke the "don't go lower than five reps rule," but I just felt so good and wanted to push it. I just love strength training. Starting to look fuller in the mirror, like what I looked like when peaking in May, but I'm still moving less weight than that time.

On mobile, so I cannot edit posts without losing them. But I still haven't pulled the trigger on the AI. I know I wanted to start it week 3/4, but it just does not seem necessary. I am not seeing or feeling any estrogen sides at all. Oily skin and the flushing issue, and the insane libido, but that's it.

On mobile, so I cannot edit posts without losing them. But I still haven't pulled the trigger on the AI. I know I wanted to start it week 3/4, but it just does not seem necessary. I am not seeing or feeling any estrogen sides at all. Oily skin and the flushing issue, and the insane libido, but that's it.
Basically I only start ai/serm usage when my nipples get itchy or sensitive. My dick always works even with higher estro. It's permanent issues I worry about. My dick not working temporarily is a minor set back though usually a little mast or Winstrol fixes it. Honestly estro has never killed libido for me. Well low estro does. A littke estro would benefit you since you do heavy reps. More cushion for your joints. Also helps gains. If nipples are fine, it's not AI time!

If there was a disaster and I suddenly was the last man left on earth, the species would certainly live on. To put it politely. It has been overwhelming for a week or so.

And no itchy nipples. I'm paranoid about my preexisting gyno and yet I feel quite comfortable in my current position.

It seems that whenever I try and rapidly climb weight on barbell squat I get absolutely awful pain in my calves and outer lower legs. Like shin splints in the back. It's so freaking painful. Yes, I have tiny bones and I'm putting them through hell. But I do train calves, though this feels different. I have not found any cue on form that if I follow then it does not happen.

It probably is something similar. Does it reduce over time, the more you hit the weight?

Looking good man. Saw you aren't running any PCT drugs, any particular reason why?

Looking good man. Saw you aren't running any PCT drugs, any particular reason why?

There is evidence to suggest taking necessary steps on-cycle to protect the testes from damage via reactive oxygen species with Taurine, Royal Jelly supplementation is a best course of action.. As opposed to introducing accepted PCT drugs such as Clomiphene, Nolvadex after damage has been done..
Most AAS user seem to recover just fine after a cycle, but this does reduce at least in some people over time.. The signal appears to still getting through from the hypothalamus, but the response from LH, seems reduced suggesting sertoli cell damage in the testes as opposed to anything higher up, thats why we believe addressing that potential damage early on might best prove positive for the future..
We like to promote minimal polypharmacy here, you may find this approach differs somewhat from other more popular boards..