Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Nosebleeds after pills

R114gta

Greenlighter
Hi all!

I thought I'd start a thread here as I've been a long time lurker and there seems to be some very knowledgeable people here!

Me and my boyfriend have been raving for around 4 years, first used MDMA and pills around 3 years ago, probably 3/4 a year, so definitely not hardcore users! We've never had any bad experiences, except with him not coming up at all for an entire night on pills we knew were great and we'd all taken the same thing. This led to a lot of stress for him on future raves and he often went in with a negative attitude of 'Everybody is going to come up and I'll just be sober all night again' which he'd lay and worry himself about for weeks before the event!

The last time we rolled was 3 months ago at a show in London. We took two pills each and had a great night, really amazing! great highs and just love all round. The following day however, he had chest pains, a very severe headache, and nosebleeds almost daily for 3/4 days.

We are raving again this weekend and I'd LOVE to get on it again, as would he. We share SO many amazing memories on MDMA and we have so many more to create. We are SO in love in life after being together since we were 17 (23 now) and MDMA is just a magical thing. However at the moment we have a truce that I've created, that whilst all of our friends are taking MDMA and ket, we will just drink for the entire weekend as its not worth risk if something might go wrong. Earlier on in the week he was out at a restaurant with family and fainted to the floor and woke up shortly after. I'm wondering if again this comes from the stress rolling brings to him. He is a very level headed person and understands the dangers but we are so sensible and have such a nice time.

What do you guys think? SWIM will be bringing some MDMA powder to the festival so it will be there. If he suggests that we might try it, am I crazy to say 'Okay' and not stop him? What if the nosebleeds were related... or maybe just brought on from stress and higher blood pressure than normal due to getting worked up.

At the moment he thinks we'll just be drinking but I'm sure he'll say at some point 'Wouldnt it great to be back in that place?'. I feel the power is in my hands, I've never had a bad experience whilst rolling and am desperate to get on it again! but without him, I won't.

Thanks for sticking with me!

T

At what point did he get
The nosebleed. It's no where in the story. How do you ingest your substance?

Sorry bro! It is in there though. And just half a pill at a time with water.

'We took two pills each and had a great night, really amazing! great highs and just love all round. The following day however, he had chest pains, a very severe headache, and nosebleeds almost daily for 3/4 days. '

I want to guess blood pressure related but doesn't make a lot of sense for that duration.

You said you were at a show in London. Is that where you are from or did you travel to get there? Kind of off the wall but I get nosebleeds a lot when I travel and having changing environments, temps, humidity, etc

'We took two pills each and had a great night, really amazing! great highs and just love all round. The following day however, he had chest pains, a very severe headache, and nosebleeds almost daily for 3/4 days. '

My fault. Carry on it was early morning posting

Could have been the ketamine, although nosebleeds for 3/4 days does seem excessive. Then again, if things are upset in there then it's very easy to aggravate everything by picking at scabs/blowing too had trying to clear your nose/etc.

I've certainly had nosebleeds from snorting ketamine. My experience of ketamine is that it doesn't seem very caustic in contrast to some substances(?), but it's still a nasty chemical for your nose to deal which certainly aggravates your nasal cavity/sinuses, especially if you develop an infection up there. MDMA is even more caustic if you take it intranasally (not saying you did), but especially with the fillers/binders in pills. UK ketamine is also sometimes cut these days, so it's possible somebody has cut it with something pretty nasty. And lastly, partying/MDMA use can certainly cause/exasperate sinus problems, even without snorting anything. Sinus infections can also cause some pretty weird symptoms like headaches iirc.

Not exactly sure about the headaches/chest pains though. Maybe see your GP if you feel things are off?

Last edited: