• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cannabis in treetops

haha, 275 of them? Jesus that would have taken a lot of time and effort, and how do you water them if there is no rain for ages? lol -

image-1178864-860_galleryfree-snuw-1178864.jpg

google translated the text to -

The police have set up an unusual hiding place for a marijuana plantation in an Augsburger Wald: unknowns had hidden numerous pots of hemp plants high up in tree tops.

The investigators found a total of 275 marijuana plants there and elsewhere in the forest - with a size of up to one meter. As the officials reported on Friday, a walker had already discovered around 35 pots of cannabis plants at the edge of the Haunstetter Forest at the end of July.

He alerted the police, who then found many more pots. Partly they hung 25 meters high in the trees. To get them down, the fire brigade had to move up. Up to now there is no trace of the growers.

Cultivation of cannabis is permitted in Germany only in exceptional cases, for example for scientific or medical purposes.

This is an old well-known guerrilla growing method, watering is maintained using those water absorbing gel balls mixed in the soil and slow release fert sticks help as well. Never seen it done in such quantity though. Props to the grower, thats some commitment right there.

Imagine the sad feelings the owner(s) felt when they found out their handiwork had all been dismantled...

This is an old well-known guerrilla growing method, watering is maintained using those water absorbing gel balls mixed in the soil and slow release fert sticks help as well. Never seen it done in such quantity though. Props to the grower, thats some commitment right there.
That's pretty wild. I've heard of growers setting up booby traps all around their guerrilla grow but never heard about it done it trees. I would be curious to hear about other methods like that if you know of more.

Might not be the only grow location they were operating. Not putting all of ones' eggs in one basket, and all that.

I would think it would have to be a group of people who are fairly organized to pull it off. I doubt it was their first rodeo, so I agree likely not their only location.