• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dipping my toes in Nitrous.

I was joking about the 1000 canisters, I did get 10 :).

There was that one unusual and interesting incident but really nothing to write home about. From what I read I was expecting some DMTesque experience.

Might have to review my technique.

Yeah the 4-HO-MET does indeed lack the depth of mushrooms, that's why I like to add in the bit of MXE, (while it lasts :( ). I find now that any psychedelic I take lacks the spiritual oomph/awe and wonder they used to have. I was never into dissociates, preferring psychedelics and now I think I've gone the other way - I only seem to get any depth with disassociates. My only problem is now sourcing someone who will post to UK - my old sources all went down/stopped posting when the 2016 legislation <spit> came in.

Nitrous is weird. For quite a while now I have been entirely unable to break through (my good friend feels the same way). For a while I was hitting possibly the most profound place I've ever been, it's indescribable, also hard to remember but it leaves you gasping "WHAT???" when you come out of it and then struggling to remember this thing that slips through your mental fingers when you try to pin it down. But these days I can never get there. When you don't break through, it's just a body sensation basically.

Tried a different technique and can still really only get the pulsing in my extremities. Might try it again sometime I am tripping but think I'll stick to making whipped cream with it.

Nitrous is pretty fantastic alone or combined with other drugs. There's a relative amount of safety and the only drawback is vitamin b depletion (take a multivitamin after) and perhaps breathing from the balloon a little too long. If that happens the worst that can happen is you pass out, the best is a pretty nutty 30 seconds.

Never broke through while sober/high. Have broken through during acid, and had an interesting moment when I did N2O after a mild DMT experience, where it picked it back up. Have yet to experiment it in other settings. Also definitely definitely definitely use the balloon.

Happy inhaling!!

Nitrous is weird. For quite a while now I have been entirely unable to break through (my good friend feels the same way). For a while I was hitting possibly the most profound place I've ever been, it's indescribable, also hard to remember but it leaves you gasping "WHAT???" when you come out of it and then struggling to remember this thing that slips through your mental fingers when you try to pin it down. But these days I can never get there. When you don't break through, it's just a body sensation basically.

FWIW, I have the most intense breakthroughs with nitrous on the tail end of a candyflip. LSD alone, I find it just isn't quite the same, still a profound breakthrough though. And I'm not talking in the extreme peak of a LSD+MDMA, I'm talking many hours past the roll, just the serene MDMA afterglow added to the LSD seems to allow me to blast the fuck off with nitrous.

My only theory is that post-roll I feel very at peace with everything in my life and the world, all bad thoughts, doubts or hesitations were gutted out by the mdma and allows me to completely immerse myself without any pre-flight anxiety to interrupt the experience. I find if I hesitate, or am distracted by something, I can't blast off. I have to sort of will it to happen. The first time I did it, what triggered it was this thought that crept into my head as the nitrous began; "what if I am god and I just need to realize it?" and BOOM just like that I got launched into the world beyond.

If I was unable to replicate the experience, or had come to the internet after that and nobody else had a similar experience, I would have gone INSANE over the experience.

Tried a different technique and can still really only get the pulsing in my extremities. Might try it again sometime I am tripping but think I'll stick to making whipped cream with it.

Try it with LSD before you knock it!

I was unable to breakthrough using nitrous with 2c-b.

Last edited:
Wiserthanearlier said:
You expel oxygen every outbreath back into balloon so this is safe and you will lose ability to move (thus dropping balloon) before running out of oxygen.

I'm curious. Is it true that when you inhale nitrous, you breathe out oxygen?? I would have thought you would exhale CO2 and nitrous.

The way i usually i do is following.

I always get around 80-100 canisters for a session.

I always do another drug before starting the gassing.
LSD,ketamine or changa(dmt+Harmalan) is my usual suspects.
I also vape some cannabis in between hits.

I start of with quickly inhale 10-20 canisters to build a platue that lasts longer then just a few hits would.
After that i slow down a bit and just take a hit once i come down abit.

After about 30-40 canisters i really need a break.
I will usually do something else for awhile before finishing off the rest.

I know it sounds like alot, but i dont do gas more then a few times per year.