High dose short cycle vs low dose long cycle

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
Pretty simple, which is best for getting and maintaining gains and for general health? Who will be better off: the guy who runs 250mg test/week for 16 weeks or the guy who does 500mg for 8?

I run low dose long cycles with TRT in between and I keep the vast majority of my gains and my health seems to be okay from labs I've done

Pretty simple, which is best for getting and maintaining gains and for general health? Who will be better off: the guy who runs 250mg test/week for 16 weeks or the guy who does 500mg for 8?

I run low dose long cycles with TRT in between and I keep the vast majority of my gains and my health seems to be okay from labs I've done

That's a difficult question to answer as I assume it may differ between person to person.. Does the person on 250mg-16 weeks take a year off, does the person on 500mg-8 inject once per week then jump back on after 6 weeks, there are quite a few variables..

Right, for my purposes let's assume they're identical twins who run TRT in between, who more or less take 8 weeks off for short and heavy, 12 weeks for low and long.

Basically who has the best health and most gains after 2-4 weeks off?

It's almost impossible to find scientific data for this question, so I'm fine with anecdotal evidence and opinions, especially with how experienced and knowledgeable a few of the posters here are, you being one of them

Yeah, you won't really find much scientific data on the subject because this is use of AAS for non-medical reasons.

In your example I would say a guy on 250 for 16 weeks is more likely to hold what he gained (as it's less outside his physiological norms) and suffer fewer issues with shutdown, recovery and overall health. However 12 weeks would be adequate - 16 isn't likely to provide much extra benefit.