Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The OFFICAL Anime Appreciation Megathread! vers Moshi Moshi

Gurren Lagann will always have a place in my heart. It's the very anime that got me immersed into the world of anime in the first place, and boy did I choose the right gateway anime.

Kill la Kill shares many of the same writers and is just as amazing. I feel like one cannot be mentioned without the other.

Also, if you check either of these out, be absolutely sure to watch the sub and not the dub. The English dub of both of these is atrocious, and essentially ruined my first viewing of Gurren Laggan.

Not that I am a sub over dub purist, by any means. Baccano is another of my favorite anime, and not only is the English preferable to the subtitles, some claim that it is better than the original Japanese.

My favorite anime of all time, however, has to be Deathnote. TBH, I think it often deprived of the credit it is due, due to how popular and mainstreamed it is in a community that values anti-conformism and being underground to a fault. My analogy is that it is essentially the Breaking Bad of anime.

Honorable mention goes to Welcome to the NHK.

Downloaded all the episodes of Wangan Midnight and am watching now. So far it's exactly like Initial D lol, the main character even looks like Takemi 8) the plot of a cursed car is certainly refreshing and fun 8o

i used to go to anidb and search for anything rated over 9 to get suggestions for stuff to watch. found a lot of good stuff that way.

i cant even remember most of the anime i've watched, but i've seen a LOT of good stuff.

check out hunter x hunter, ergo proxy, made in abyss, his and her circumstances, evangelion, 12 kingdoms, panty & stockings, black lagoon, mushishi, gurren lagann, monster, steins gate, re:zero, the monogatari series (DEFINITELY check out monogatari, its sooooo good).... i could seriously go on all day with great suggestions from pretty much every genre.

in the spring anime season this year i'm very much looking forward to golden kamuy, hinamatsuri, and the first part of the ginga eiyuu densetsu (legend of galactic heroes) remake.

this season i'm checking out overlord s2, death march, grancrest senki, kokkoku, cardcaptor sakura clear card arc, and still watching mahoutsukai no yome from last season, and dragon ball super for as long as its on the air.

Honorable mention goes to Welcome to the NHK.

yes. i had forgotten about that one but its pretty great.

Last edited:
Downloaded all the episodes of Wangan Midnight and am watching now. So far it's exactly like Initial D lol, the main character even looks like Takemi 8) the plot of a cursed car is certainly refreshing and fun 8o

nice, it's been a while since i've seen it i don't remember the soundtrack at all. i played the arcade game more recently and it both sucks and blows, can't say i'd recommend it :)

in the spring anime season this year i'm very much looking forward to golden kamuy, hinamatsuri, and the first part of the ginga eiyuu densetsu (legend of galactic heroes) remake.

say what?! that's gonna be one to look forward to. there's going to be a new Full Metal Panic! series too, it has been at least a decade since that story left off 8o

The Seven Deadly Sins is a nice one... :)
It's on NetFlix

-- Peace o/

Heys GBuy and Gals

Just wanted to see if there are any fans and what you guys currently watch.

Here is what I'm currently watching and not finished with:

Baslisk Ouka Ninpouchou - currently on Episode 20
Black Rock Shooter Tv - currently on Episode 2
B - The Beginning - currently on Episode 3
Grandblue Fanasy - currently on Episode 7
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu - currently on Episode2
Manyuu Kikenchou - currently on Episode 2
Monster Strike - currently on Episode 1
Ninja Slayer the Animation - currently on Episode3
Tokyo GHoul RE - currently on Episode 2 ( the 2 previous series was awesome )
Boruto Naruto Next Generation - currently on Episode 69

And here is a List of new stuff recently download and still need to get to.
Fatestay Night Movie Heaven
Fatestay Last Encore - Irusterias Tendouron
Godzilla Kaijuu Wakusei
Godzilla Kessen Kidou Zoushoku
Singeki no Kyojin

For those also watching Anime. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I have a problem with not finishing anime lol

I started Scrapped Princess recently and was enjoying it.

Have you seen Made in Abyss? It came out last year and it's 13 episodes. I luckily found it the day before the final episode aired so I watched it in one sitting because it's so captivating. It's a great adventure with an extremely well built world that is beautiful yet terrifying. I can't recommend it enough, though it's a show that's hard to recommend to people because of the subject matter at times.

I have a problem with not finishing anime lol

I started Scrapped Princess recently and was enjoying it.

Have you seen Made in Abyss? It came out last year and it's 13 episodes. I luckily found it the day before the final episode aired so I watched it in one sitting because it's so captivating. It's a great adventure with an extremely well built world that is beautiful yet terrifying. I can't recommend it enough, though it's a show that's hard to recommend to people because of the subject matter at times.

Will definitely give it a watch

I really enjoyed Initial D, my favorite anime by far. Wangan Midnight was good too, and Pokemon will always be a classic.

I also really enjoy Miyazaki films, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind being my favorite.

^^ I will look at the once you suggested but pokemon is just not something i have time to waste on, No offefnse but i find it utter bull. But that's just me. Still plenty of other decent and well produced anime out there.

one recent one i liked was sakura trick, i dont realy watch much anime and stick to manga but theres some i started like gabriel dropout

I just mean that Pokemon was a classic. I still like the first two seasons and few movies because I was there when they aired and played in theaters. It's nostalgia but I also think the first movie was good in its own right.

Initial D and Wangan Midnight are both car shows though, both take place in the 90s. I really like both those things so that's what draws me. Besides Miyazaki films and those two series, I find it difficult to get into an anime.

I also really enjoyed Robotech. It was really good for the first series but became cheesy in the second and I lost interest. It was just enough sci-fi for me to enjoy.

I just mean that Pokemon was a classic. I still like the first two seasons and few movies because I was there when they aired and played in theaters. It's nostalgia but I also think the first movie was good in its own right.

Initial D and Wangan Midnight are both car shows though, both take place in the 90s. I really like both those things so that's what draws me. Besides Miyazaki films and those two series, I find it difficult to get into an anime.

I also really enjoyed Robotech. It was really good for the first series but became cheesy in the second and I lost interest. It was just enough sci-fi for me to enjoy.
Will really take the time to check them out besides the pokemon offcourse

though its kind of outdated i first got realy into anime watching x at a movie theatre, the same people that created x, created card captor sakura. they will probably never finish it though. so while a group like clamp puts out stuff like ccs, then you look at the rest other work and how different it is,

if your interested in older stuff id reccomend of course serial experiment lain and angel anctuary

alright anime people. i'm getting my nerd on today because i just found something i've been looking for, for a very, very long time.

before i watched ninja scroll, vampire hunter d, dbz, howl's moving castle, princess mononoke, mobile suit gundam wing, naruto, ghost in the shell, sword art online, magi and sinbad or anime of any kind including mangas, graphic novels and books. there was one that got me started on everything both good and bad... Iria: Zeiram The Bounty Hunter. located it today on amazon prime and it's for free. i just about passed it up not knowing what it was and started watching it on a whim.

FUCK YEAH!!

speaking of vampire hunter d -

i'm looking for one of the 7 stories (3 manuscripts and 4 short stories) that i don't have. 1 of the manuscripts plus the 4 short stories were published in english in various books related to the series, mostly the readers guide book. i have all of those.

of the 3 manuscripts that were written exclusively by the author to be raffled off at events he holds every year in japan along with the rights to them, 2 of them were shared by the winners. the one that was not is being turned into the comic series Message from Mars and that manuscript has yet to be released to the public in english.

of the two manuscripts that were published in english, the one i'm looking for is called The Wanderer's Ship. it was originally published in the 2008 New York Anime Festival guide book and was most graciously donated by it's recipient to be translated into english so the story could get more exposure around the world as the recipient wanted to share the love. i would be satisfied getting a copy of this one. if i could get my hands on one of the original festival guide books that would be even better.

if you know where to obtain this please let me know.

Last edited: