Mental Health Help, need an honest answer

Jakegilligin

Greenlighter
Please someone with experiace tell it to me straight. I'm 19, for the past 2-3 month I've spent about 5k on various 8balls, I always share with friends, but it has gotten to the point to where I don't even feel happy when I do it, I have no idea why. Should I stop all together? I need advice. I rarely do it during the day and don't crave it but I spend all my money on it when I go out or hang with friends (I am a waiter working 2 jobs and make roughly 80-110$ a day but it all goes to blow. I just
Need an honest opinion and advice, thanks so much.

OP, if you actually are for real (which I'm quite doubtful of, but will still reach out a helping hand just in case I'm wrong) and just trying to yank people's chains, I would still like answers to my questions on your other exact same thread (double posted and both within wrong sub forum man....), as they are vital if you actually wish for explanation.

However, I'll say straight up that regardless of the info you give for the questions asked, my answer is highly unlikely to be anything different than confirming you should indeed stop altogether. Because the 3 biggest likelihoods are that 1 you carelessly fucked your tolerance and have been badly skirting full blown addiction, or 2 something is somehow interfering with the drug within your body, or 3 you're straight up being made someone's bitch by continuously buying their bunk shit while being made the town laughingstock. All of which are very good indicators that you need to hang up the gloves bud (though 2nd may not necessarily, just depending).

If it's not fun you should cut back. Waiting tables is stressful as fuck so I understand the wanting coke part. But those "friends" are likely just using you for free blow. I recommend quitting for a week and then see how you feel. Coke doesn't have any physical withdrawals so don't worry about that.

Sounds like you might want to take a look at inpatient treatment. And come clean to those around you who aren't aware of your dangerous habit. It only goes deeper. You don't want to wind up a crackhead, so I'd bow out of the drug scene now while your life isn't entirely destroyed...As a thought experiment, think of what other (legal) product(s)/services you could get for that kind of money.

If you have genuine MH issues, therapy, hard work and perhaps prescription medicine might help. What you're doing now, though, doesn't, and again it can get worse. It can just about always get worse.

Don't know if the OP is still monitoring this thread...
I'd like to add that heavy smoking directly impacts adversely on mental health, especially on the mental health of young people (16-25).
Pyschotic episodes are usually first experienced in late teens / early twenties, and they can be extremely frightening and disorienting for young adults who may have recently left the family home to live independently.
The majority of serious pyschotic conditions are first diagnosed in the late teens / early twenties, and (from my experience commissioning mental health services) diagnosis of mental illness often involves a 'dual diagnosis' with substance misuse and alcohol abuse issues being present.
The nature of the relationship between substance misuse and mental illness isn't clear or consistent: it differs from person to person. Some 'self medicate' with drugs and alcohol to alleviate disstress caused by mental illness. For others, psychotic episodes are precipitated or triggered by heavy drug use. Sometimes the psychosis is temporarily and an isolated incident resulting from heavy drug use and poor mental health hygiene; for others, an initial psychotic episode may have been triggered by heavy drug use, but turns out to br the first obvious manifestation of a chronic mental illness.
If you're concerned about your drug use and mental health, you should speak to a clinician in addition to cutting down.
Good luck