• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pseudoephedrine Dosing

mrmarkvile

Greenlighter
I have been taking Ephedrine (60mg, 3 x day) for weight loss. The combination of stimulant and appetite supression works perfectly.

I am currently out of Ephedrine so have bought OTC Pseudoephedrine (60mg pills). Can Pseudoephedrine be used the same way as Ephedrine? And what dose of Pseudoephedrine would equal 60mg Ephedrine?
I have taken 240mg this morning and it feels similar to Ephedrine.

It's difficult to say. I find that ephedra (plant material containing both ephedrine and pseudoephedrine) has a more apparent effect than pharmaceutical pseudoephedrine.

Ephedra tea seems to come on quicker with a bit of a tense physical rush and increase the rate of activity for a few hours before wearing down. Pseudoephedrine doesn't seem to cause much of a physical effect and it's only after a few hours that I might notice I'm a little more active and wakeful. It also seems to last a while longer.

I'm not sure how the doses compare, but 240mg is a fair bit. It may take a few hours to have a noticeable effect and taking too much can have some unpleasant side-effects. I think the highest dose available here is 120mg tablets. One tablet is supposed to last for 12 hours.

Pseudoephedrine is used not just as the processing into meth is harder, but because it is not active like that. Great decongestant though

You were exactly right. I felt a little jittery about a half hour after dosing but it took three hours to reach its peak effects.

So far it seems to be working (I took 240mg at 8am and another 240mg at 12:30pm). I haven't eaten anything so far today, haven't had the desire to.
Pseudoephedrine is definitely not as good as ephedrine, but it gets the job done if that's all you can get.

There has to be a better way to lose weight. Not eating at all can't be good for you

Well I've eaten four dates but that's it for the two days so far. I'm not overweight or anything, my BMI is 19.0. I just need to lose say 8-10lbs. I was previously bulimic for several years so my relationship with food has never really been healthy.

I do find that the Pseudoephedrine high is uncomfortable rather than enjoyable. I just keep reminding myself that this is just temporary and that I will have a decent stock of Ephedrine in a couple days.

You don't NEED to lose any weight at all. You WANT to. Big difference there. I'm not trying to sound preachy, but four dates in two days is AWFUL. This will all catch up with you big time later in life, whether you care or not is a different story. You can lose weight without the drugs. By eating proper, healthy meals in healthy amounts. Along with exercise

Yes, the weight loss is a want but the metaphorical voice in my head telling me I need to lose weight is so strong it sometimes does feel like I need. Sometimes I don't want to lose weight but feel I HAVE TO.

I get my Ephedrine tomorrow so this is my last day on pseudo. Basically, yes Pseudoephedrine can be used but it has none of the motivation or slight euphoria.