Coming off testosterone after 8 months?

basix

Bluelighter
I realise this forum isn't TRT focused but I thought maybe there'd be some people here with experience.

I'm considering coming off TRT after ~8 months, I am currently taking 140mg Test E total + 500iu HCG x 2 / week.

Reasons for coming off is mainly the inconvenience of having to inject myself for the rest of my life, wanting to travel places without taking medication/syringes everywhere. Other issue is body acne which is annoying.

I originally started TRT after testing low and I had symptoms like fatigue, low energy, low libido, little bit of depression.. I think TRT has helped but to be honest a lot of these issues were probably caused by lifestyle.

I've read various protocols using high dose HCG + clomid but can't seem to find any consensus. Any tips?

Did we have a discussion on this before? There is no consensus, men have to go with what feels best for them after trying various strategies. I wouldn't do 'high dose' HCG whatever you do, use doses no higher than 125-250 at the most - increasing frequency would be more useful than ramping up the dose. I'm not sure you're going to be able to escape regular injections of some kind though. Can't you handle subQ TRT injections?

I'm going through a very similar experience without the HCG 140 mg every 8 days testosterone cypionate. I'm trying to lower my dose right now slowly to find that sweet spot. I've had horrible symptoms/side effects from this high of a dose including testicular atrophy mood swings and acne. How are you holding up question

Yeah, OP, if you had symptoms then you will have them now. TRT won't have done anything but made potential endogenous test levels worse. If you want to feel like a dude I would keep on the shots or, if they really bother you, move to sub Q as suggested.

If you are going to PCT, then personally I would do the HCG which you are already doing and that will make things easier. After that I'd wait two weeks after your last shot for the test to clear and then start on 25-50mg of clomid per day. In all honesty, if it were me I'd run the clomid indefinitely but back it down to 25mg 3x a week after 4-6 weeks

I can relate to OP when he mentioned traveling. When I think about blasting/crusing, the first thing I think of is "well backpacking and foreign travel is another huge passion of mine and I just worry about the logistics of it all."

I mean, if you are on doctor supervised/legal TRT, I can't imagine you'd run into many obstacles when traveling. If you're doing this on your own accord, then I'd start with places where steroids are legal or de facto legal. That is, if efforts to get off fail.