• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much is too much oxy to be at risk of overdose

Chestern1

Greenlighter
Recently my friend have at least 50 -20mg oxys!! The first 20 or so she swallowed whole but then found out that if you choose it that you would get a better effect from it so the rest she has to also when she was researching it she found that alcohol makes it a lot more potent as well so she also drunk a whole bottle of Malibu to top it all off ! I'm not sure now what to do or if she is ok or if I should be rushing her up to the Hospital or something!! So I really appreciate anyone who have or has any idea on this subject and can help me and tell me right now or as soon as possible what I should b doing. I would be greatly appreciated because to me it seems like that has to be like a concerning risk and maybe needs to be dealt with in some way to keep her around sincerely

Hi, chesten I just wanted to tell you that I myself take 360 mg three times a day of oxycodone and have done for nearly two years. It is now beginning to damage my nervous system, like numbness in my finger ends ect.Alcohol will just make the situation worse,is she using oxy for pain or pleasure? Would like to know as there are different pathways for different reasons, let me know?

Hi Chesten,

I understand you are concerned about your friend's safety because she is consuming alcohol and oxycodone. Despite it seems a complex situation I think some general information might help:

1) There is no specific dose of any drug that leads you to overdose. Overdose is a situational concept that depends on the tolerance you have, the effects you expect and the safety measures you have at your disposal, among other things.

2) Mixing two sedatives/depressants like alcohol or oxycodone increases the likelihood of suffering serious adverse effects.

3) It may be possible that she is not open to have a discussion about the topic or is willing to let you help. Most of the times this is a normal response to the way we express ourselves when trying to help. If this is the case you might find that learning about motivational interviewing can be helpful.