• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and puking

Crackery

Greenlighter
I'm a very experienced cannabis user I've been smoking on the daily for almost 4 years. I've thrown up a few times from fat bong rips because of pulling it into my lungs too quickly messing up my stomach. But the other day I was with a friend and we smoked one king size joint which is just a warm up usually. About 30 minutes after the joint was finished I started to feel very nauseous and I started to get hot flashes and was sweating like crazy. I stud up to go in the house and get some water but as soon as I stood up I started to retch and threw up shortly after. Anybody know why this happens?

this sounds a bit like Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome.

i'm going to move this over to cannabis discussion to see if you get more responses.

NMI -> CD

welcome to bluelight :)

"Why?" Nope.

I can tell you it's common enough not to worry about, though. Happens to me if I smoke heavily on an empty stomach (which I always thought made no god damn sense, cuz if you're already hungry af what's your body wanna go and throw up for?)

The bong issue, though? I know you weren't asking about that one, but that happens when you accidentally "eat" the smoke and force it into your stomach. Typically people'll burp out the smoke shortly after the hit but it's definitely been known to make otherwise-healthy folks throw up.

I wonder why sometimes I get nauseous after I smoke weed too. This didn't always happen. I feel like its not related to weed though because THC should be making you less nauseous. This always only happens if I smoke on a painfully empty stomach or at night on a smoke day when I've already had a few sessions throughout that day before my final smoke sesh. I don't think THC in and of itself can make you nauseated though unless you had a serious amount. I don't think taking only a few hits per session is enough for that to be causing my nausea. A whole joint probably wouldn't either so it could be other factors. Maybe I'm wrong.

I wonder why sometimes I get nauseous after I smoke weed too. This didn't always happen. I feel like its not related to weed though because THC should be making you less nauseous. This always only happens if I smoke on a painfully empty stomach or at night on a smoke day when I've already had a few sessions throughout that day before my final smoke sesh. I don't think THC in and of itself can make you nauseated though unless you had a serious amount. I don't think taking only a few hits per session is enough for that to be causing my nausea. A whole joint probably wouldn't either so it could be other factors. Maybe I'm wrong.

You're right, George old boy, but think of how you're administering the THC. Smoke. Nasty, rough smoke (I kind of like it but you know what I mean.)

Try an edible or vaporizing to see if it still messes with your stomach.

It's wise to keep in mind that pot is one of those rare drugs that can have a wide range of varying effects from one individual to the next. If weed gives you butterflies, I wouldn't necessarily say there's somethin' wrong with you... I'd be more inclined to say that weed's probably not the best vice for you.

So weird....I understand with getting sick after a bong hit I’ve seen this a lot and I have in the past seen people get sick just from smoking an L....I have Crohn’s disease and use this to combat my nausea and it works better than any pharmaceutical they have ever offered me and it works like magic if I’m feeling sick, a few Bubb/bong rips and I’m good. Can’t wait to get my medical card this coming year specifically for Nausea and other symptoms associated with crohns

So weird....I understand with getting sick after a bong hit I’ve seen this a lot and I have in the past seen people get sick just from smoking an L....I have Crohn’s disease and use this to combat my nausea and it works better than any pharmaceutical they have ever offered me and it works like magic if I’m feeling sick, a few Bubb/bong rips and I’m good. Can’t wait to get my medical card this coming year specifically for Nausea and other symptoms associated with crohns

Hey there. I use weed to control (among other issues) nausea from kidney failure. Don't get me wrong, I love smoking weed and getting high - but when weed kills the nausea it's like an instant on/off switch. As long as I don't gag or choke when I'm taking a rip, I know it's gonna work it's magic. But I don't find it effective at stopping ongoing puking. I also use it to prevent vomiting; generally smoking 5-10 minutes before a meal an Indica or high CBD.

Tom