• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Greetings

hyphae

Greenlighter
From Europe :)
I am a mycologist, chef and trough time also a chemist i hope.

I'm here just to read for some time, also hope to meet similar knowledgeable people interested in phytotherapy and the compounds plants make.

My experience in substances starts 12 years ago with first spliff, then at age of 17 i took a nice 50mg DMT on pipe, age 19-23 where discovering of alchohol and how much i can smoke (facepalm). Then at age 24 there came 2C-E, DOC, LSD all the fun stuff, Shrooms also, with which i fell in love later on. Haven't tried coke till i was 26ish, found out i don't like it. Amphetamines also, i was fast to learn i don't need more than 15-30 mg per session, that means i'm quite still healthy and it's easier to make a list of thing i have any experience with;

C. Sativa (herb, shatter(Supercritical CO2 extr.), clear(99% pure thc)
1P-LSD
METH-LAD (acid)
AL-LAD
ETH-LAD
25i-NBOME
Amphetamine
MDMA
Cocaine
P. Cubensis (also Hcl extract)
Harmala alkaloids (minus vasicine compounds) (shroomahuasca anyone?)
Vasicine
DOC
2C-E
2C-P
2C-I
fenibut
GHB
Opium
DMT (fumarate and freebase)

Altho the list makes me look a bit narcophillic, i'm more focused on learning how to make medicines from herbs, same but a bit "brighter" industry.
I have too much to learn, had life different than i planned, and now for 8 years i have been self educating to be able to do thing that i love.
I am sure that this is the place to find people with the knowlege and will to help me learn further and make much more nice things.

as a "thanks for having me as a guest" gift i share with you my research on vasicine compounds, the part of harmala extractions that is long debated on it's toxicity and potential usefulness. Now please make some lungs medicine along with MAOi-B if you are already doing extraction, it's only an extra step, and is responsible to do so ;) The research cited was done on Adhatoda Vasica, a plant with high amount of alkaloid content. The one i use for making vasicine for myself, and is easily obtainable :)

Adhatoda vasica / Justicia adhatoda

Active compounds:

Vasicine, L-vasicinone, maiontone,deoxyvasicine, vasicinol

Dosage : 5-50 mg

CAN BE APPLIED TOPICALLY (absorbed trough the skin)

Uses:

-Anti Asthmatic and bronchodilatory

-Acortificient and uterotinic.(175mg/kg alkaloid is causes abortion in rats) (Also effectcomparable to oxycontin (NOT OXYCODONE) for inducing labour

-Helps with gastric ulcers caused by alchoholism

-Antialergic (vascinol and vasicine have shown to decrese albumin inhibited - allergy symptoms by 37% at dose of 5 mg

-Effective as Tuberculosys treatment,increases lysozyme and ripamficine production. In body, it metabolizes to bromhexin and ambroxol , effective mucolytics (sold commercially as cough syrup) and inhibitors (pH dependent) of Mycobacterium tuberculosys

-antibacterial effect on pseudomonas aeruginosa, streptococcus faecalis, staphylococcus aureus, staph. ephermidis, E coli (in vitro)

-Increases bile production and secretion of bilirubin in urine

I speculate it could relieve menstrual pain due to uterotonic effects

There are no known interactions, altho the alkaloids have vascodilatory and cardio-modulatory effects (in 1:1 vasicine:vasicinol nothing changes), so people with low pressure and those with heart problems might want to skip this one.

Also, anecdotally, there where few cases of use of vasicine in relieving headache and confirmed by personal experience

Literature :

1.Claeson UP, Malmfors T, Wikman G, Bruhn JG. Adhatoda vasica: acritical review of ethnopharmacological and toxicological data.Journal of Ethnopharmacology 2000; 72:1.

1. Shinwari ZK, Shah M. The Ethnobotany of Kharan district, Balochistan, Pakistan. Proc Sym Med Pl 1995; 12:35-38.
  2. Kumar KPS, Debjit B, Chiranjib PT, Rakesh K. Indian traditional herbs Adhatoda vasica and its Medicinal application. J Chem Pharm Res 2010; 2(1):240-245.
  3. Pandita K, Bhatia MS, Thappa RK, Agarwal SG, Dhar KL, Atal CK. Seasonal variation of alkaloids of Adhatoda vasica and detection of glycosides and N-oxides of vasicine and vasicinone. Planta Medica 1983; 48:81-82.
  4. Shrivastava N, Shrivastava A, Banerjee A, Nivsakar M, Anti-ulcer activity of Adhatoda vasica Nees. J Herb Pharmacother 2006; 6(2):43-9.
  5. Maikhuri RK, Gangwar AK. Ethnobiological notes on the Khasi and Garo tribes of Meghalaya, Northeast India. Economic Botany 1965; 47:345.
  6. Dhar KL, Jain MP, Koul SK, Atal CK. Vasicol, a new alkaloid from Adhatoda vasica. Phytochemistry 1981; 20(2):319.
  7. Jain MP, Sharma VK. Phytochemical investigation of roots of Adhatoda vasica. Planta Medica 1982; 46:250.

Forgive me some typos and
Have a nice life, F

Hi there hyphae, welcome to BL.

Looks like you have loads of experience and a fair bit of knowledge there!

I hope you start posting and sharing your input to some of our forums soon :)

Cheers,
CFC

Yes but its disgusting. Also the amount is so small its not worth it.