• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching from Adderall to Vyvanse and back to Adderall question

endurance72

Greenlighter
Good Afternoon!

I am new to bluelight, so I will do my best to post appropriately!

I am a 44 yo female and was diagnosed with adult ADHD 7 months ago. I am 5'6 and weigh 156 lbs. Originally, I was put on 20mg of Adderall IR once a day. After one month, increased to 30mg Adderall IR once a day. I would usually break them in half and take 15mg in the AM and 15mg around 2-3pm. This dosage helped for a while, but I never found it to last as long as it needed to.

So, I asked to be switched to Vyvanse for a more steady control of symptoms. I was put on 70mg of Vyvanse a week ago and I HATE IT! It took forever to kick in (if it even did) and I was back to my constantly distracted ADHD self... couldn't sit down or focus on anything. I also felt like crap... no energy or motivation to do anything. I also had an increase in anxiety.

I called my doc and he put me back on Adderall IR- 20mgAM and 20mg in afternoon.

My question is.. Has anyone else had experiences like this? Do you think this new prescription will be more effective in controlling my symptoms? I will start tomorrow.

Thanks for any input!

First off, can I go to your doctor. It is almost unheard of to be diagnosed with ADHD at 44 years old. As I am writing this I am completely baffled.
I have been on ADHD meds since I was 9 and I'm 31. I am on 60mg of ir Adderall all in mourning but tp ne honest i have such q tolerance that I need at least 100mg for any ttype of increase in energy. You said when you switched to Vyvanse you had no energy or motivation. Was this the case before you were diagnosed with.adhd. 40 mg of ir Adderall is alot for someone diagnosed seven Months ago
Its weird the Vyvanse didn't work since it converts into the same drug as Adderall. If it's not lasting long enough I would ask to get on 20 or 30 mg XR of time release Adderall with either 20 or 10 IR tablet depending on the amount of the xr. If you take the XR first in the mourning and then the IR about two hours later it should control your symtoms for at least 10-11 yours and if you are not interested in doing that I would ask to take all forty mgs In the mourning like I said ive been on this stuff for fifteen years and I was on forty in the morning and twenty at noon an d found taking it all at once lasts longer and stronger then how your doing it especially if the second dose you take really isn't doing much which was the case with me. I would honestly try taking it at once and if it works better talk to your doctor. Good luck
P.s. if you are taking this medicine daily and fr some reason stop fpr a couple days your gojna feel what you felt with the Vyvanse times five
Basically for three to four days you'd sleep like eighteen hours but since there's no physical withdraw its not that bad.

Hi Brian,my name is john.Brian im 58 and 2.5 years ago went to am $$Expensive treatment centre,i could not afford,fortionately I was on W>S>I>B it was formerly called Workers Compensation. Prior to this treatment I could stop alcohol and cocaine,but after say 6-months especially the coke I would relapse,it left me at times contemplating Suicide.This centre had a dr who specialized in people who where classified a cronic relapsers.Long story short this dr.Diagnosed me with Adult ADHD.I was put on vyvanse,as Ritalin and adderal could be crushed-up and snorted,remember this is an addiction treatment centre.Brian I had the same question as you.I said dr.Im at that time I was 56years old,but the drug seemed to help,the side affect was sexual dysfunction and shrinkage,also I bodybuild and when I would Bench Press I felt shakey like I might drop the bar on my chest.Thanks that theses conditiond go better,but my libido is low,but that's more an issue of Low Testosterone.One other thing.The drs at this centre RX men over 40 with prescription testosterone and this helped lose Fat and get my Sex drive back.One more thing I also have a dr that I have seen for 25yrs a psychiatrist,i asked him.Why? did you not pick-up on my ADHD.HIS response was I don't think that dr was right at the treatment centre.Brian I seem like im more focused when I take 30mgs 1-pill,but its hard to sleep,as this med is time released. all the best john

Hey John one of the treatment centers I was at also put people on Vyvanse. Yes u can't abuse it but crushing it but u can still obviously take more. I am now on methadone maintenance and the clinic I'm at refuses to let me take the adderalp even though I don't abuse ir and need it. Im switching clinics because the pysc doctor there is terrible I could go on and on about him and how I know more about pharmacology then him but back to john. Good thing about the Vyvanse is if u had severe depression it helps with thst. But I find it hard to believe someone diagnosed with ADD at a rehab facility coming off of cocaine which will cause extreme fatigue and certain add symtoms. Yeah the shrinkage from the medicine is terrible you look down and someone disappeared into you stomach lol
Best of luck