• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crystal Meth: much BS about nothing?

Mananas

Bluelighter
I can't help it, but I have the test results of my batch of Crystal Meth, and it turns out to be perfectly high quality Glass. So the quality can't be the problem.

Also my smoking technique can't be the problem, since a) I've been a Heroin addict for over 20 yrs. and b) I've gotten major euphoria the last days (did sleep last night tho) by way of smoking my Meth.

But I hear stories all around of Meth being this 'evil' drug, people who need to re-dose all the time, can't sleep for 5 days and nights, get major paranoia and even hallucinations and also a major over the top bad comedown that lasts days after having done Meth.

Well, I've been doing it for 3 days now, didn't sleep one night, did sleep last night, didn't do Meth all day long, just now I did some hits just out of boredom (I was not craving the drug in any way) and I never even once felt the urge to re-dose, didn't have any negative side-effects like paranoia, hallucinations or not even a comedown in any way...!

I just smoke a certain amount in like about half an hour, until I'm feeling like I'm euphoric enough, and after that I never even feel the urge - like I just said before - to red-dose, and I did not experience any bad side-effects, not even a comedown when I woke up this morning (and I didn't do Heroin or Meth the entire day, I was sober all day today, so nothing could have covered up an eventual comedown).

So, I'm just wondering, where do all these 'evil' Meth-stories come from? Just from people not being able to handle drugs, or what is the deal regarding this issue?

Just curious, that's all... Seems to me that all these stories, or at least according to my own experiences with this drug, are either stories of a minority of users who just can't handle drugs or, once again the issue of quality drugs vs the opposite, maybe most people just get a very shitty, fucked up variant of Crystal Meth which makes them go blazurk because of it.

What do you guys think?

Grtz!

I can't help it, but I have the test results of my batch of Crystal Meth, and it turns out to be perfectly high quality Glass. So the quality can't be the problem.

Also my smoking technique can't be the problem, since a) I've been a Heroin addict for over 20 yrs. and b) I've gotten major euphoria the last days (did sleep last night tho) by way of smoking my Meth.

But I hear stories all around of Meth being this 'evil' drug, people who need to re-dose all the time, can't sleep for 5 days and nights, get major paranoia and even hallucinations and also a major over the top bad comedown that lasts days after having done Meth.

Well, I've been doing it for 3 days now, didn't sleep one night, did sleep last night, didn't do Meth all day long, just now I did some hits just out of boredom (I was not craving the drug in any way) and I never even once felt the urge to re-dose, didn't have any negative side-effects like paranoia, hallucinations or not even a comedown in any way...!

I just smoke a certain amount in like about half an hour, until I'm feeling like I'm euphoric enough, and after that I never even feel the urge - like I just said before - to red-dose, and I did not experience any bad side-effects, not even a comedown when I woke up this morning (and I didn't do Heroin or Meth the entire day, I was sober all day today, so nothing could have covered up an eventual comedown).

So, I'm just wondering, where do all these 'evil' Meth-stories come from? Just from people not being able to handle drugs, or what is the deal regarding this issue?

Just curious, that's all... Seems to me that all these stories, or at least according to my own experiences with this drug, are either stories of a minority of users who just can't handle drugs or, once again the issue of quality drugs vs the opposite, maybe most people just get a very shitty, fucked up variant of Crystal Meth which makes them go blazurk because of it.

What do you guys think?

Grtz!

Hey...

To be honest and this is my opinion (at least for myself). I used to be a IV heroine user and would often mix Uppers and Downers all the time. However Uppers are not my addiction. I could do meth or coke or w/e once or for days at a time (regardless of strength) and could stop all the same. Opiates and Benzos on the other hand forget it. Gone as soon as i get it.

I think my mindset is kinda probably way stronger than that, I've been addicted to Heroin and Cocaine for over 20 years now, but except (for example) a few months of experimenting with IV use (Heroin, Coke, and both together), and yes, Coke for example feels way different and way better once IV'd, way more clean and pure and of course just way more intense, I could easily say stop, I just wanted to know what it's like to shoot up my two favorite drugs and my favorite combo, however good, I'm not going to trash my entire body by keep shooting up. And that's already years ago, and although I sometimes still miss shooting up, I have never, and (probably, one can never be completely sure of anything, that would be naive) I never will do so again.

Also, there are moments, just out of the blue, that I say to myself: now I'm going to quit both Heroin and Coke at the same time, cold turkey, no Methadone or whatsoever, just for a while to lower my tolerance and just be sober again for a month or so in total and to afterwards enjoy using again way more! And yes, that's suffering really bad, those withdrawal symptoms, but one way or another I don't really let me get beaten down by it.

I can easily say stop at any given time and not use anymore until I see fit, even if it's just with Coke and I want to keep doing a new line over and over, I can very easily say upfront: this is the amount I'm going to use today, and not one bit more. And I keep myself to it, even if that means, if I want that amount to last all day, even tho I always have a stash bigger than I can spend on my own in one month every month, so I keep accumulating for a part, and the other part I share with friends coming over or while partying, but yet I say this is my amount for today even if that means if I want that amount to last all day that I have to keep several hours between some usage before I can use again and that I have to stop doing Coke at 6 in the evening (but I will still be doing heroin until ten in the evening or something like that, so that I can be high at least up until way after midnight (I'm a night-person: a daydreamer and a night-thinker...), so that I can take my sleeping med's before it get's light (I hate daylight) and go KO just before first daylight hits, and if I'm lucky, I wake up when the sun is setting, that's the only daylight I need...

The same with Crystal Meth, as I posted, I don't feel the need to re-dose or anything, and so on...

And also, I'm someone, even when doing a drug for the very first time, I always need more, like two to three times more, than other people need to have the same effect - and besides that, I can handle amounts that would probably kill most people, yet, I never have a hangover, a crash, a dip or anything like that, just a very small amount of sleep (no more than three hours) is enough for me to be totally up and running again. It's really a strange thing, but at one side it also sucks (tho it has a lot of benefits), but it sucks that I always need more than someone else, because that costs me a lot more (although I've been blessed with two amazing careers that also are my two greatest passions in life and which make me really a lot of money, like double the amount or more of what other people make, so I can afford it, that's not the problem, it just sucks that I have to invest twice or three times as much in a drug to get the same effect as someone else, I mean, luckily I make a more than just decent living, or else what would I do as a severe Heroin and Cocaine addict who is not satisfied with just street-quality drugs but has to have the most pure and uncut - in the case of Cocaine totally uncut - drugs that exist, and they do exist, it are just the highest quality drugs one can buy and you don't buy that with your everyday dealer, no, you buy that straight from the source and that's an entirely different world, exclusive and only for an elite of rich people, because drugs like that of course come with a very special extra price-tag...) Anyway, I think (no, I know) that I just have a very strong body and a very strong mindset which make me more in control of myself than that my addictions have control over me.

I even know for a fact that I am, and always have been, from my first drug-experience on up until every drug experience to this point on, that I am: an escapisme-user. Using drugs to escape the torment of my life that was a life out of the ordinary (and not in a good way) and I am very aware of the fact that when things that have to do with trauma's I have suffered (and still suffer from) happen or occur, that I will use way more extensively and that I lose control or do not want to control, on the contrary even, my usage at such a moment and that I just want to disappear in the amazing euphoric highs of my two and only real loves in life: Yeyo and Skag! But this being said, I do believe that (and I notice this when good things happen to me) when I don't need to escape or when I take control I am still the one, eventually, controlling my addictions and not the other way around - and this is most definitely NOT a delusion of mine.

Some people just are not capable of any self-control, some are capable of some self-control and others are capable of having control over their addictions and then of course you have this bunch of usually not my type of people who have control over not getting addicted and feel the need to lay that out as a ground-rule to which everyone should aim for in their lives, however pointless it is when looked upon from certain angles - just the fact that some people really didn't care about being self-destructive before they started using drugs and probably where very self-destructive before starting with drug-use...

Anyway, strong mindset. That's all.

ps: even though Heroin is physiologically addictive and gives physiological withdrawals and Cocaine does not in any way, Cocaine is a way more severe addiction for me than Heroin is - I would rather give up Heroin than that I would like to give up Cocaine (but let's not go there, since I really do not want to give up either of them...!).

Grtz.

A bunch of hogwash. You're lucky pure and simple it has nothing to do with your mindset or some other nonsense.

Long term constant use of ice has killed 2 of my close friends (hanging in mid psychosis), at least 10 aquaintances, broke up my marriage, almost cost me everything, has sent other friends to jail, torn apart families and that is going on in a massive petcentage of the population.

It doesnt just happen immediately. People start off with attitudes exactly like yours.

We started off with speed. Meth replaced it and no one really knew then the difference.

I know many casual users with their shit together too.

Its thoussnds of times harder to stop using than speed ever was.

So if you just keep on going thinking you are in charge and not keep to occasional bits, you will find out what it can do.

Good luck.

I hope this wasnt in reference to my statements about not having an issue with Uppers. Im not trying to lay anything out. Just my experience...

Any type of Downer = No Control
Any type of Upper = I can take it or leave it
Obviously the stated above is subjective and can change based on situation / attitude.

I just wanted to say my experience in relations to addictions...

Listen to zephyr.

Also, the negative side effects of drugs like meth often take a while to be obvious to users.
It's definitely not "much BS about nothing". The potential harms associated with meth are not to be taken lightly.

for me - personally, opiates and benzos and heroin was always my thing - i had never even done an upper before; i tried coke once and i hated it. but my boyfriend at the time, he was doing meth and i started doing it. first it started out easy, i didn't really like it even. then i lost control, and overdosed on a bad batch. then i quit for 6 days, started again because my life was so boring. i only smoke it. i've now been doing it for around 3 months now and i can't stop. you'll think you have everything under control and then all of the sudden it's lost. be careful man.

Listen to zephyr.

Also, the negative side effects of drugs like meth often take a while to be obvious to users.
It's definitely not "much BS about nothing". The potential harms associated with meth are not to be taken lightly.

Meth is actually a fun drug and whilst not as energetic fun and jumping around like speed was, people still have a good time on it.

The problem is that it does last somewhat too long and is very moreish. Like you feel like just keep on topping up despite still high and that leads to long binges. The comedown is rough and worse so obviously if you have been on it for days. The temptation to dose daily comes from not quite recovering enough the next day from insufficient sleep and thinking having a dose in the am is going to get you through till night time.

If you do that you wont sleep well that night either.

If you use it to know when to stop and make yourself stop despite not wanting to.

Also its tempting to use downers or benzos or alcohol to knock it on the head . Again theres even more problems if you do that.

Trust me I know from personal experience. I love my drugs. Its a big problem.

Meth can be a useful tool whether you're trying to get work done, stay awake, or curb your desire for other drugs, but it has to be used intelligently to work well.

as far as re-dosing goes it should never need to be taken in greater frequency than any other stimulant - it being one of the longer lasting drugs available. Once you shoot/smoke/sniff that ideal amount to get you going you shouldn't need any more for a while.