• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderal vs. Vyvanse? (New user with a bunch of questions)

CupcakeWaffles

Greenlighter
Adderal vs. Vyvanse?

So, really, I have three questions, the other two being about tolerance and interactions. I'm really new to this, so any advice would be really appreciated!

My first question, as you probably guessed, is about adderal vs. vyvanse. I want to get the super focused type of effect from it, and I'm not sure which one will be best for that.

My question about tolerance comes from having taken both for years, since I'm prescribed them for my adhd. I take 60 mg of vyvanse a day, and have done so for at least two years, probably longer. (I don't really remember because things get changed pretty frequently and my sense of time is ridiculously terrible.)
I've been on adderal much longer, maybe for about ten years or so? I no longer take it daily, and haven't for a while (not sure how long though); it's now used as a sort of booster for in the afternoon that really only take if I need to. I'm not sure what the dose I took was when I was taking it daily -- though I do know that it had been fairly high -- but the dose of the booster is 20 mg. I tried using adderal a while ago, and I'd been pretty tolerant, but I can't remember how much I tooke when I did that.
So, the question is this: based on my history with each drug, how tolerant do you think I'd be, and how much do you think I'd have to take in order to get the effect I want? And on a related note, how safe would it be for me to take that amount?

My last question is about interactions with my other meds, because I have to take a bunch everyday. The other meds I take are:
  • Lamotrigine, 200 mg
  • Wellbutrin xl, 150 mg
  • Zoloft, 200 mg
  • Clonazepam, .5 mg
What sort of interaction would these have, if any?

Other things that could possibly be relevant (I really don't know because I have very little experience with this sort of thing): I am female, 21 years old, 5'5", weigh roughly 125 lbs, and don't do anything aside from the stuff I've listed. I also plan on parachuting, if that makes any difference.

Thanks! :D
P.S. please explain things like I'm a kid; complicated/scientific stuff is probably gonna confuse me :)

Last edited:
Hey like you ive been on ADHD medication since I was 10 and I'm 31. Im on 60 mg of Adderall I can take that and fall asleep five hours later I need at least 100 mg for any type of boost. So I think the problem is Vyvanse converts into less Adderall then you were probably taking 60 mg of converts to about 18 mg Dex amphetamine or about 25 mgs of Adderall. I think you should probably switch back to Adderall and if you want that focused feeling taking forty mg of IR will probably do it for you. Good lick

Amphetamine is metabolized by a enzyme cyp2d6 p450 zoloft and wellbutrin may cause a significant increase in duration and peak levels potentially making it dangerous id check your vitals to make sure your not getting to much of a sympathetic (adrenaline or uhb rush vasoconstriction stop eating sleeping erection issues) response

Amphetamine is metabolized by a enzyme cyp2d6 p450 zoloft and wellbutrin may cause a significant increase in duration and peak levels potentially making it dangerous id check your vitals to make sure your not getting to much of a sympathetic (adrenaline or uhb rush vasoconstriction stop eating sleeping erection issues) response
Can you put that into layman's terms for me?

Extremely rare. For example I am on 100mg welbutrin 225 effoxior 30 remoron 140 mg methadone and 60 mg of Adderall and never received serotonin syndrome. And in the very rare chance you do get it you will experience symtoms in which case you go to the hospital or take a benzo. I'm pretty sure there's.beem only two document deaths fr serotonin syndrome since it's treatable

Your at risk of serotonin syndrome

How so? The only drug I see listed with any appreciable affect on serotonin is Zoloft, an SSRI. You can't really get SS without combining an SRA with an SSRI/MAOI, or very high doses of SSRI's with a powerful MAOI. You can't even really get it by combining high doses of multiple SSRI's.(not to mention the OP is also taking clonazepam)

hello can anyone PLEASE tell me if i took 40mg of vyvanse at 11:00 this morning, is it ok to take another 40mgs of vyvanse????

There is no way that combo is causing SS in someone who takes those drugs daily. Now cupcakes, I really need to ask, if you have taken both for years, can you not make a comparison yourself?