• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Paws, Heroin lingering withdrawal or light methadone withdrawal?

DrTechno

Greenlighter
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused what is happening right now, after reading and reading a lot of posts etc etc I still can't figure it out. so I'm just going to say my story as short and detailed as possible to get opinions:

Basically this year first I tried heroin, never injected and didn't like snorting, smoking is what I loved. I smoked for about 4 months straight. My habit got a bit bad but it was by choice and I knew what I was in for ''Kinda''. Tolerance got up and I was smoking up to half a gram, divided into 3 times a day. At worst I smoked up to 1 Gram.

Anyway, I decided to quite then, had already done a lot of research during and before smoking period. And a short methadone detox seemed the best for me and my situation (which is sometimes used in hospitals or in programs, not the long maintenance one). Some websites said it is a painless process if you take the right amount and reduce it and don't use for more than a week. So I got 250mg of liquid methadone, sealed bottles.

1st Detox)
Started my first detox.. first day up to 35mg methadone and was in full discomfort, RLS troughout my whole body all the time, disorientation, flushed face, high heart rate, that's it mainly, I figured either I had to buy more methadone which I couldn't afford or I would just go with it and suffer.. So I suffered ''cause people and most forums and places I read say it's only 7days''. and I went with it. Reduced my methadone everyday and stopped taking on the 7th day. It went like 35, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 0. Didn't get any diarrhea or puking durin withdrawal thanks to methadone but the RLS Was fucking too much.

Infact, on the 9th day I was in a state were I was normal during the day and suffered from RLS during the Night. I couldn't take it anymore with this RLS. I ended up smoking again for a week, tollerance was completely down, So I only smoked like 2 small puffs every 12hours. All I used was a gram in 1 week.

2nd Detox)
After 1 week smoking my tollerance didn't seem to increase so I gave it another shot. Another 7days on methadone. this time it was easier. I was comfortable during the first 24hours with just 20mg. Nights were still full of RLS.. first two days had a bit of disorientation, and mild cramps + the flushing of face and high hearth rate, and this time it went like this 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5 but nothing much changed it was like Im again at the same situation after the first detox.. the other symptoms went away, was good during day but RLS/Whoel body discomfort during the night. no matter how much the methdone if it was 20 or 5, I was good during the day and full of RLS during the night. Didn't see any improvment in the RLS/Discomfort department other than it wasn't like the first two days of the first detox, IE all the time there.

At this point I was fed up. I went into this with the mentality that Im not going to suffer with the Methadone like I read on a lot of websites. I suffered, and still pulled trough and resisted. But I never knew what I was going to go trough this fricking huge RLS. Everyone around me and from what I read talked about the aches and puking and tiredness and diharrea and I didn't get most of this only the symptoms stated most probably due to the methadone. But that RLS... no one ever mentioned to me.. only when I experienced I learnt opiates cause this thing that when you go to bed you end up turning and churning around the bed and can't sleep.

I wasn't prepared, I tried my best, but I suffered too much with this, even when I hanged on so I gave in and decided to take a break from all this, do another 2weeks of smoking as little as I can to take a break, and then do another methadone detox and this time suffer as much as needed now that I know what it does to me and it's not a painless thing.

So nearly 2 weeks smoking, my tolerance barely increased cause I kept it to a minimum and still got high from every smoke.

3rd detox)

So I decided to go for it, prepared, after nearly 2 weeks. All I needed this time is like 15mg in the first day, and for the whole seven days I went like this, 15, 15, 10, 10, 5, 5, 2.5 and stopped. Most of the withdrawal was at the same like last time. First 2 days were a bit shitty but then as usuall good during the day and sever RLS during the night.

Now I've been 14days without H, 7days without methadone completely clean. After 5days without methadone I felt like some symptoms from the first 7days of withdrawal got back, like flushing of the face, feeling hot, fast heart rate, and tiredness and of course, RLS still continues like always. The only thing I can't stand.

My question is, what is happening? I never puked or had diarrhea in withdrawal. Not much pains other then random small funny pains in some muscles but nothing that I would even consider as Pain. I mostly suffered always from Huge Discomfort/RLS throughout my body. Especially during the night, that and hot flushing fever like face(one time tempreture was 103) and a fast heart rate which is most probably high blood pressure. Some times symptoms with time got better during the day but not during the night.

Why am I still feeling these things after doing a third detox and this time even doing 14days clean from H and 1week clean from all opiates?

Is this normal? Is this Paws? Is this a small methadone withdrawal even though I never used it for more than 7days and always reduced it to 0 after the first day? How long am I expected to suffer with this discomfort at night and low energy in the morning?

Sorry for the long post, I tried to rush it and not go into a lot more details so it's not too long to read. Any one who needs more details can ask and I will happily provide. I just want an opinion on what is happening and how long can I expect these RLS nights and flushing of face and high heart rate etc and what is the cause.

hello fellow europeislander :)
to me it sounds like you're still wd'ing from the methadone, things such as the gastric distress you've described, as well as the flushing of face; these symptoms are far more commonly associated with wd. this, coupled with the severity of your other symptoms i.e.: being unable to stand. leads me to believe that you're still wd'ing :(

but, unfortunately, in a further turn of the screw, PAWS can last several weeks, sometimes even months - have you got any comfort meds? stuff to smooth out the rest of this journey for you like Imodium for the shits, scopolamine (can't remember the brand name and obv don'use pure scopo unless u wna become a zombie ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽), benzos for sleep and aches, buscopan for your=r huys etc etc
or, just coming from left-field here, you could step down off the 'done wirh a rapid sub taper?

Last edited:
Hi Keeping, Thanks for the reply.

It's well nothing that Im not suffering of any pains or nausea or cramps or anything like this right now, as I said in the post, it's just the RLS and hot flushes in the face that are persisting mostly, and waking up feeling like IVe got beaten up. It's the RLS that is killing me though, that thing that when you go to bed you can't stay in one position and start turning and moving your legs especially up to your lower body.

Also, is it possible to get such withdrawal from only using such a low dose of methadone for a week? I used 3 weeks in total but each week was spaced apart by a week or two, and always lowered the doze to 0 in 7 days whenever I used methadone.

Comfort meds Im at a loss.. Since all I want to treat is the RLS, I dont have cravings, I dont have depression, its just the RLS at night and waking up like with a hangover in the morning (most probably due to disturbed sleep) is the only major symptom that I have right now... And I read mixed opinions on meds.. some meds that work on some people for RLS make it worst for others :( even benzos

Thanks Kleinerkiffer, I've read that one too. As always, what some people say something worked for their RLS others say it made it worst, so Im afraid to try any stated meds.

Once I took Atarax alongside melatonin and 2.5mg of methadone and it made me drowsy and wanting to sleep but whenever I went to bed I just started kicking around and moving non stop so I was in a worst position as I couldn't get up from bed but was suffering on bed, and some people have said benzos and chlonidine and the rest did the same for them.

Right now im more looking for an answer at what is the source that Im still experiencing RLS and hot Flushes and fast heart rate after 15days clean of H and 8days clean of my last 7days methadone detox? PAWS? Still in H withdrawal? Mild methadone withdrawal? That's the primary question and the second one is how long am I expected to be in this situation...

Paws, for me, gets so shitty. it's like i'm finally okay/clean and then WHAM! In result, i am not sober lol. When gettin clean, be sure to stay super hydrated and get some vitamins/kratom lol :)

Last edited:
How do you find Kratom in Paws? Is it helpful? Do you know if it's legal in Europe by any chance btw?

It depends which part of Europe, man. It's banned in some parts but you could find the answer to that by using google. Kratom is helpful with paws for sure. It smooths the edges in a sense.