• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

About this sore

Owningit

Greenlighter
I really want to know what this sore is. I have had plenty of abscesses and
This one has a white head that was really big and super hard. I popped and then had to peel it off. Minimal amount of puss came out and it's still big and has plenty of pressure. What kind of sore is this? Still an abcess???

?

Last edited:
Probably an insect bite of some kind. Is it painful? If so I had something similar a few times, I have never worked out exactly what it was but I would presume an insect or spider bite.

I'm sure you know this but try not to mess with it and just leave it alone. If it gets worse and you are concerned then obviously go see a doctor.

whatever it is looks like you've been fucking with it. Stop. If it gets considerably worse go to a doctor otherwise let it heal on its own.

I notice this was posted last month. Has it gone away yet? It could be a really deep ingrown hair, or just a really deep pimple. The more you keep screwing with it the worse it will get. When you try to pop stuff like this and it won't pop all you are essentially doing it pushing it further away from the top. I have found a product called Black Salve works well for this sort of thing. Black Salve is a drawing Salve which means it draws whatever nastiness to the surface. It also works really well for deep rooted splinters.