⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Atomic Blonde

Shale

Bluelighter
Atomic Blonde
Movie Blurb by Shale
August 16, 2017

This movie opened on July 28th so I have been remiss on my movie viewing. I had other obligations going on in my life, plus the weather for biking 8-miles to the Cinema was either too wet or too damned hot. But, today I survived the ride on a brite sunny 92 degree day (heat index actually 100).

I wanted to see this action movie with a female lead and it was structured a bit like Angelina Jolie's "Salt." It is based on a 2012 grafic novel (The Coldest City, by Antony Johnston and Sam Hart) and the action scenes are much like you would see portrayed on the printed page.

AtomicBlonde_featured.jpg

It is a spy vs spy thriller set in East Berlin, 1989, right before the wall came down. The opening scene is of a man running for his life from an assassin. The next scene shows MI-6 agent Lorraine Broughton (Charlize Theron) being told that agent James Gasciogne (Sam Hargrave) has been killed and that he had a list of all the Soviet field agents, which is very important. She is sent to East Berlin where she is to work with agent David Percival (James McAvoy) to find the list.

Lorraine & David
atomic-blonde-4.jpg

Then the movie is done in flashback as Lorraine is being debriefed by her MI-6 superior Eric Gray (Toby Jones) and CIA agent Emmett Kurzfeld (John Goodman). As we see the snippets of what went down in East Berlin, we learn that Lorraine was close to agent Gasciogne and a bit pissed at his being killed. She is also aware of being followed by a young woman, whom Percival jokes that she is an attractive woman. Turns out that Delphine Lasalle (Sofia Boutella) is an undercover French agent (who also has the hots for Lorraine)

Lorraine & Delphine Get Close
atomicabionda_1491986201.jpg

The movie was sometimes hard to follow exactly who was following (and killing) whom, but the stylized action scenes with Charlize Theron were really entertaining to watch and they showed her carrying her cuts and bruises for days as would be expected.

The movie got good reviews. The aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 75% Fresh and 68% or audiences liked it. Their consensus was: "Atomic Blonde gets enough mileage out of its stylish action sequences – and ever-magnetic star – to make up for a narrative that's somewhat less hard-hitting than its protagonist."

I was told from a friend of mine that this movie was awful. The previews for the movie were mostly from the end of the movie.

Thats pretty much it.

I just saw the movie last night. It was a decent movie.

Charlize Theron was smoking. She was smoking, as usual and definitely wasn't expecting the spy on spy action either.

It was a pretty good movie. I'll watch it again.

I just saw the movie last night. It was a decent movie.

Charlize Theron was smoking. She was smoking, as usual and definitely wasn't expecting the spy on spy action either.

It was a pretty good movie. I'll watch it again.

All women from South Africa are smoking ;)