• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

My messed up life-where to start

Mrwasabigmess

Greenlighter
Hi, this is the first post iv put onto BL, i registered on here as I think my life has been one hell of a ride, and I'm only 19! When I was 3 years old me and my dad were in a terrible car accident, my dad came out without a scratch, I unfortunately took all the impact, I was propelled from the back seat through the front windscreen, my front part of my scull was completely shattered, if it wasn't for an off duty fireman near by to attend to the incident I wouldn't be hear today, I was rushed to hospital knocking on deaths door I was revived 4 times, I had to have a full metal plate in the front of my head to keep my skull from caving in, my left eye came out and was hanging on its socket, the skin underneath my chin was at the back of my neck and my brain was hanging out, the doctors did a really good job of fixing me up, my mam still has all the photos, they are grim, my head was all swollen off the injury and I was in hospital for about 5 months recovering, they did tests to see if I would be disabled or not by putting needless in the tips of my fingers, I'm telling you now I say this to myself all the the time, how am I able to act and do on my own initiative as you'd think that I would at least have learning disabilities but really I'm actually quite intelligent, even with my own past of hard various drug taking which il share stories at another time, well anyway this put a lot of stress on my family as by odds I should have died, my mam and dad, who before hand weren't together were in pieces, that's what made my dad go very hard on drugs, (heroine) which he was already on but this esculated his usage. This isn't even the tip of the ice berg of my life, under my circumstances iv lived a very wild and offit life which I am willing to share, not everything but some. I haven't got enough time in a day to write half of it.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. All of us have a cross to bear. Not judging yours, just saying. I am not trying to compete on stories but I havea lot to atone for. With myself and what comes next.

I know it's hard and it's easy to feel alone especially seeing your dad go through that just keep your head up and remember how fortunate you are to be alive and use that for good. Just try to be there for your dad. He needs you he needs support he is lost and the addiction can easily win but try to be by his side try to get him help. Don't follow in his foot steps

I know it's hard and it's easy to feel alone especially seeing your dad go through that just keep your head up and remember how fortunate you are to be alive and use that for good. Just try to be there for your dad. He needs you he needs support he is lost and the addiction can easily win but try to be by his side try to get him help. Don't follow in his foot step

Thanks everyone, I try to keep my head up when I feel down, I think my emotions are fucked off the drugs iv took at a young age, it's like been on a ferris wheel, one moment I'm at the top the next I'm at the bottom, but hey life is a crazy ride to begin with

Thanks for sharing that was a hard read. You are so lucky to be here today and not have some horrible limitations to have to deal with. I look forward to reading your posts on the site.

Mrwasabigmess, keep posting and keep on keeping on. Your life WILL improve. Have you tried going to Narcotics Anon OR the Al Anon? They can help family members of addicts cope better. I look forward to hearing from you more.