• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Flying soon and need to know if drug combo is okay...

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Hello,

I'll be flying from London to L.A on a morning flight and I do not want to be bored to death like many other long-haul flights I've taken to other destinations in the past where I didn't have access to drugs.

I'm 23 and was considering taking diazepam that I've been prescribed on the flight along with some vodka to fall dead asleep and codeine with CWE tablets and nicotine.

Will this be an okay combination or deadly? I did read somewhere online that said benzos and alcohol multiply the 'depressing' effect they have on the body. Is that true?

It's best not to combine alcohol and benzos as you could black out, and taking opiates and benzos together can be deadly.

Just take the benzo if you want to, and sleep? That's what a friend of mine that does not like flying does.

Benzos are the frequent flyer's best friend. Any time I fly, I double my normal dose while I'm waiting to board.

It doesn't make me fall asleep (I've never been able to sleep on a plane) but it makes a flight infinitely more bearable.

I'd avoid the booze. Not only for HR purposes, but drinking on a plane (especially for substance abusers like ourselves) can catch up with you quickly, and you don't want to be "that guy" on a plane.

On another note I would never take codeine on a plane. Other opiates, sure, but not codeine. The itch is just too severe (for me at least) and that would be extremely uncomfortable on a plane.

If ur travelling alone dont knock urself out with drugs. U will get robbed

Im just smoking weed sometimes but this is enough for me. I dont want more

Just take the diazepam by itself and you should be fine. Mixing with alcohol and codeine is a bad idea not just because the risk of CNS depression. But codeine can make you sick to your stomach and that's the last thing you want when flying.