European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Going fucking loopy on speed contrasted with psychedelics

Ismene

Bluelighter
After going a bit doo-lally on speed I can compare and contrast it with psychedelics and they're nothing like each other. The psychedelic state is completely and utterly separate from the psychotic (or whatever the fuck state it is) speed state that too much speed and lack of sleep induces. The psychosis is a lot more fear based and paranoid - with psychedelics none of that is there, it's just blissed out love and beauty.

I always wondered about the claims about "Acid is just like being psychotic". It's fuck-all like being psychotic. Not for me anyway. Your mileage may vary.

Fascinating captain. I don't think I'd have chosen to experience the speed psychosis but everything has a value in some way I suppose.

Psychedelics can cause a very similar state to that of stimulant induced psychosis. I've been there once on a psychedelic and have seen a couple of friends go there on separate occasions too.

But generally you're right that psychedelics don't usually produce the same fear/paranoia based head space. Some people are more prone to it though I would imagine. I would further imagine that some psychs might lend themselves more to that than others.

yeah, i've experienced psychosis a few times and it's nothing like tripping, really.

After going a bit doo-lally on speed I can compare and contrast it with psychedelics and they're nothing like each other. The psychedelic state is completely and utterly separate from the psychotic (or whatever the fuck state it is) speed state that too much speed and lack of sleep induces. The psychosis is a lot more fear based and paranoid - with psychedelics none of that is there, it's just blissed out love and beauty.

I always wondered about the claims about "Acid is just like being psychotic". It's fuck-all like being psychotic. Not for me anyway. Your mileage may vary.

Fascinating captain. I don't think I'd have chosen to experience the speed psychosis but everything has a value in some way I suppose.

How was the amphetamine psychosis induced if you don't mind my asking? Were you dosing daily and up for a few days, or did it occurr from a fairly benign amount?

I've never been there thankfully, but some of the stuff I've seen described just sounds too fucking sketchy.

Rather foolishly I'm afraid - taking enough to stun a charging silverback on consecutive days. All in the past now, I've learned my lesson. Speed kills..well, it sends you fucking loopy at least =D

Lemmy took 3g a day from the age of 25 practically till he keeled over. His friend asked him when he was really ill "At least you've stopped the speed..my god..you have stopped havn't you?" Lemmy said he'd "slowed right down" "Why do you do it Lemmy?" "Because it makes me happy".

Experienced those (try slamming a couple of grams of 3-fluorophenmetrazine after a couple of hundred quid worth of a mixture of synthetic cannabinoids and diphenidine/MXP, and tell me you aren't likely crouched in a sniping position behind your bed taking aim alternating between the door and the windows.:p)

Whereas a proper psychedelic, or untainted dissociative or cannabinoid based experience tends to make the world lighter, rather than darker.

try slamming a couple of grams of 3-fluorophenmetrazine after a couple of hundred quid worth of a mixture of synthetic cannabinoids and diphenidine/MXP, and tell me you aren't likely crouched in a sniping position behind your bed taking aim alternating between the door and the windows.:p

Limpet, you are one of the most quotable members in general but this is poetry

^ Oh yes he is! =D

I tend to agree. I've certainly had a few dark periods on psychedelics (and dissociatives for that matter - both separately and combined) but they tend to be a relatively brief part of a far broader and vastly more uplifting experience. But I've never felt anything close to the bleakly manic paranoiac psychosis that i have many, many (many, many, etc) times on stims. Admittedly it does take some considerable effort to work yourself up into a full-on stim psychosis, whilst somewhat similar (albeit still really quite different and (ime at least) far more fleeting) states sometimes brought on by psyches and/or dissos. Combining all three at high dose for long periods does rather take the biscuit when it comes to such matters though - blimey is all I can say! 8o

What can I say sham, what can I say?

3-fluorophenmetrazine is just such a SMOOTH stimulant. God damn, its got to be the best I've ever tried, and I've tasted a fair few stimulants, from diarylalkylamines, to amphetamines, to ritalinic acid esters and oddball benzhydryl derivatives (like desoxypipradrol, which was pretty useful stuff at low dose, say, 0.25mg twice a day, or 0.5mg a day and then later a small booster. 1mg/d at most on occasions maybe 2. Just for functional enhancement since it didn't seem abusable to me much, but useful all the same.) But 3-FPM is just...wow damn. Rolls fucking royce of stimulants. Peripheral effects absent at gram dosages plus IV? thats saying something (and not that you should go do that, thats just an observation of my experiences sometimes) (not a full gram in one shot, but spaced over 5-7 hours or so)

When it was in the head shops before that May Bitch infested the country, it was one of the most popular of the items one store had, disappeared off the shelves like hot cakes being given out for fuck all in zimbabwe. Used to combine it with dipropionylmorphine (uncut, from pharm grade morphine) and shoot it, for the absolute king of kings of luxury speedballs, because bloody christ, the rush from that combination is absolutely unbefuckinglievable.

Lol I'm sure I got scoped out (but of course never with certainty) by some bog attendant once or twice after entering the mall nearby, going to the bog to prep the shot and pin up, went in walking, walked out, with a quarter gram to 300mg 3-FPM and 800mg-1g dipropionylmorphine iny my veins, plus a toke or two of a hyperpotent cannabinoid that was supplied as a solution in e-fag juice. Like the fentanyl of the cannabinoid world, short acting (half hour or so, 40 min max), walking out practically fizzing sparks around the edges=D

Last edited:
What can I say sham, what can I say?

3-fluorophenmetrazine is just such a SMOOTH stimulant. God damn, its got to be the best I've ever tried, and I've tasted a fair few stimulants, from diarylalkylamines, to amphetamines, to ritalinic acid esters and oddball benzhydryl derivatives (like desoxypipradrol, which was pretty useful stuff at low dose, say, 0.25mg twice a day, or 0.5mg a day and then later a small booster. 1mg/d at most on occasions maybe 2. Just for functional enhancement since it didn't seem abusable to me much, but useful all the same. But 3-FPM is just...wow damn. Rolls fucking royce of stimulants. Peripheral effects absent at gram dosages plus IV? thats saying something (and not that you should go do that, thats just an observation of my experiences sometimes) (not a full gram in one shot, but spaced over 5-7 hours or so)

When it was in the head shops before that May Bitch infested the country, it was one of the most popular of the items one store had, disappeared off the shelves like hot cakes being given out for fuck all in zimbabwe. Used to combine it with dipropionylmorphine (uncut, from pharm grade morphine) and shoot it, for the absolute king of kings of luxury speedballs, because bloody christ, the rush from that combination is absolutely unbefuckinglievable.

Lol I'm sure I got scoped out (but of course never with certainty) by some bog attendant once or twice after entering the mall nearby, going to the bog to prep the shot and pin up, went in walking, walked out, with a quarter gram to 300mg 3-FPM and 800mg-1g dipropionylmorphine iny my veins, plus a toke or two of a hyperpotent cannabinoid that was supplied as a solution in e-fag juice. Like the fentanyl of the cannabinoid world, short acting (half hour or so, 40 min max)0po kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk]

Hey Limpet, 3-fpm is (or was) one of my favourite stims as well. I never slammed it (due to lack of veins) preferring instead to chase it on foil. The strange thing is that although I normally hate synthnoids, they seem to combine beautifully with 3-fpm. In fact, 3f is probably the best drug for combining with other substances that I've ever come across.

Unfortunately, the 3f I've been getting recently is a poor imitation of what it was...

Admittedly it does take some considerable effort to work yourself up into a full-on stim psychosis,

I had a bloody good go at it shammy - first 6 months I thought it was a wonder drug, getting my house cleaned etc..then the marathon masturbation sessions started..then the psychosis started after that. I think speed is the only drug that's taken more out of me than I've taken out of it. Trouble is I can't really get the opportunity to trip anymore because I'm a bit more sociable these days. Back in the day when I could close my door on a friday and not see anyone till the following monday tripping was like heaven.

My perspective.

Stimulants bring out a paranoia dark fear based sensory psychosis probably mainly related to sleep deprivation.

Psychedelics can certainly provoke psychosis in certain individuals especially at high doses. Psychedelics demand the ability to let go and accept where they take you. Some of these experiences are fucking terrifying. High dose mushies, lsd and especially DMT can kick your arse like nothing else. If you are fragile then i would say there is potential to never recover or at least return to the person you were. Things you took for granted may no longer make sense, beliefs questioned etc. It takes a lot of time to integrate a heavy psychedelic experience. Lower doses do not come with the same risks imho except with DMT which is such a random experience and in my experience dosage is a non linear curve. Sometimes a tiny amount will propel you into the other dimensons and sometimes a big dose wont penetrate the veil.

A strong mind is needed for big doses as well as good preparation with set and setting.

have you ever had a REALLY bad trip on mushrooms or ACID? it can be WAY worse than amphetamine psychosis. both will land you dead or in jail though

I would strongly dispute that. I've had "difficult" experiences on psyches - some of which would have been very tricky indeed to explain to the cops should they have stumbled across me. I wouldn't deny the fact that I am most certainly lucky to have never been caught out in any number of freaky psychedelicised scenarios... but no matter how far gone, how dark the mindset, it was always pretty clear I was harmless and wasted - novelty fodder for lunch-room giggles at worst.

Stim psychosis is orders of magnitude darker ime. "Truly" hearing voices, extreme paranoia, "real" hallucinations across all the senses... none of this happens on psyches at any dose. Again, I suppose, ime... but I suspect I am very far from alone in that.

Sorry, tripping is not the same as sleep deprivation psychosis. At least on psyches you know you're tripping. Sleep deprivation psychosis is a different beast. Everything is normal, but you know it's not. For a while you can't put your finger on it. Soon, you can't trust what you see or what you hear. Yet, it's just that side of normal. The paranoia is like nothing I've experienced.

Sleep dep is often caused by stims but I've had mild versions thanks to insomnia.

I'd much prefer a " bad " trip ime.

Yeah they are totally different but after living in Byron Bay which is hippy central i can assure you psychedelics do carry a risk of psychological harm though i believe its dose dependant and i think the person needs to be predisposed. Rare but it does happen. Some people never come back. I know a few.

Everybody has their breaking point, for sure. And everybody also finds said breaking point a helluva lot sooner when stims are in play. Dissociatives are also high on the list of loopy-powders that can send even relatively "mild" psychedelic experiences into places very hard to return from in one (or more) viable pieces. The latter (and indeed the former) can also often be intensely stimulating - leaving "standard" stims for dead in some cases - so there is definitely blurring of lines across all these categories.

When the shadow people come to play it's time to sleep!

I don't know man , I used to sell mushrooms and I had a couple bad trips that were straight horrific, so horrible terrifying that I had my gun out ready to blow my head off because I couldn't handle the nightmare I was in.... I'm talking straight up demons terrifying me , whispering horrible shit in my ears, different creatures crawling the walls straight from the black pit of hell.... and at the time I couldn't really say I knew that I had ate too many mushrooms at all.... although at the time I was so out of it I don't think I could have said anything ! and if I could i don't think I would have remembered I was even human.

I could not imagine taking acid or mushrooms in the same town as a gun, let alone the same house. Talk about ruining your set and setting .....