Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-HO-EPT/55 mg) - Sixth Time - Narcotic Psychedelia

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
This was my sixth experience with 4-HO-EPT. The experience as whole actually wasn't really that remarkable, and normally I probably wouldn't write a report about such a trip on half the maximum dose I have already written about before, but I did want to get this one out there due to the different perspective I took on the experience compared to my past trips on 4-HO-EPT. This one was definitely a bit different than the previous ones and not as satisfiying, but it did still show some utility nonetheless, so I think it deserves to have that side of it put on display.

My previous experience with psychedelics includes DMT, MET, MiPT, DiPT, DALT, Psilocybe cubensis, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-EPT, 4-HO-DPT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-HO-McPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-MALT, 4-AcO-DALT, 5-HO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-EiPT, 5-MeO-DALT, Ipomoea tricolor, Argyreia nervosa, LSD, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, 2C-B, 2C-I, DOC, and MDMA. My most recent trip was around two weeks before this on 50 mg of 4-AcO-MALT.

T+0:00 - 55 mg of 4-HO-EPT was taken orally with a snack to get the taste out of my mouth.

T+0:10 - I went to the bathroom and got in the shower to pass the time as the drug kicked in. Notably, I felt that I could tell something was kicking in in there a bit faster than I recall being able to in the past.

T+0:32 - Out of the shower and dressed, I started smoking cannabis and listening to music. Normally I wait a bit longer after dosing on a psychedelic before doing this, to wait for the hallucinogenic potential to really start showing itself, but in this case I really wasn't expecting such a thing to significantly come from 4-HO-EPT anymore, so I was just treating it more like a high and decided to stack this one on too.

T+1:03 - I am feeling incredibly sedated, not unlike I remember from previous 4-HO-EPT trips, but heavier than I can ever remember, and without the same level of euphoric stimulation to balance it out. There was a period of time here that I spend mostly just weirdly rolling around and crashing into my bed while trying to move but at the same time feeling too heavy to want to get up.

T+1:48 - I felt weird, so I masturbated to pass the time and wait for more pleasant effects to show up. It was effective, but nothing notable other than that it wasn't difficult. Afterwards I did notice that my body was starting to feel tingly, but I was still too sedated overall to enjoy it. In my notes I wrote "good and weird but weirdgood".

T+2:20 - Until this point I had been in my bedroom, but then I went out into the living room and talked to my roommate a bit, who then left to run an errand at this time stamp. Afterwards I just sat down in one of the living room chairs and put some music on, and started thinking about the high I was experiencing... and I realized, of all things, this experience was actually extreme similar to an opioid high. I don't use opioids very much myself, but I had actually just the week before this taken some hydrocodone for a really bag headache, and the similarities between that and this were stunning; the couch lock feeling, the tingly euphoria that mostly exists when not moving and turns more into nausea when you are moving, the sort of aware but distant and sensory feeling, and of course the relative lack of hallucinogenic effects... but that is really to say relative, as very much unlike hydrocodone there were indeed some psychedelic effects, both visual and mental.

Nothing ever became particularly intense or meaningful, but I definitely was in a bit of an introspective psychedelic headspace, and there were transparent but complex patterns that could be seen mostly in my peripheral or when staring at the carpet or walls for a bit, and then had a dark green, in one way LSD-like but at the same time sort of industrial feeling to them, which is not unlike some visuals I've had on ethyl indoles before. So, all together, I pretty much felt like I was on a mild dose of an LSD-like substance and a moderate dose of an opioid, and that was definitely an interesting place to be in at the time. Wanting to make the most of it, I decided to do a balloon of nitrous oxide using four cartridges at this point too, and I don't really have much to say about it, but it was definitely hedonistic, psychological deep, and powerfully analgesic, much like I would expect it to be at this point, and I definitely came out of it feeling quite a bit more satisfied than I had been beforehand.

T+2:53 - After enjoying listening to music for a bit more, though while totally couch locked instead of dancing like I often do with psychedelics, I decided to load another balloon of nitrous oxide since it was so pleasant the first time, and since I wasn't doing anything but sitting there and listening to music while zoning out anyway. Once again nothing extremely significant or different from usual happened, but it was incredibly soothing combined with the high, and by the time I got through it all I was completely convinced about my feelings on the experience, and wrote in my notes that this was "the opiate of LSD-like trips".

T+3:42 - This trip is convincing me to just suck down one balloon after another with how sedated and dissociated it is, and I didn't even document when this one started, but at this point I finished another four cartridges of nitrous oxide. Once again, mostly just a nice high. I actually only had two cartridges left after that, and I was starting to become un-sedated enough to move around again, so I loaded those last two into a balloon and did them while dancing to a speedy song. Afterwards though, with no more magic gas to remove myself from reality with, I started paying more attention to the way my body felt again and noticed that I was getting pretty hungry.

T+4:00 - I ordered some food for delivery and then decided to take another shower to relax while waiting for it to arrive. Shortly after I got out, and before the food arrived, my roommate got home. We talked a bit, and then the food arrived and I got pretty engaged in eating it and not really thinking too much about the trip for the moment.

T+5:05 - My roommate wanted to smoke some cannabis, which I kind of didn't want to do anymore at this point because I already had a headache, but I have a tough time turning down offers to smoke, and of course he filled his giant bong with a bowl and told me take the whole thing at once. Reluctantly, I did it, and then I went to grab myself a beer to offset the coming physical tension.

T+5:14 - That bowl seems to have brought some more of the trippiness out again.... I was reading some political stories on my laptop and saw some ridiculous advertisement about a cruise ship that seemed to imply that if you took that cruise you'd be surrounded by nothing but beautiful women all the time, and I had this sudden flash of vivid imagery in my mind's eye of this cruise ship showing how it was actually something that shady rich people paid to go on and each room came with a woman in it dressed up in bikinis and stuff just waiting for them, like human trafficking but out on the open waters to avoid persecution. I'm sure this was at least somewhat influenced by the depressing political stories I was reading, but it's impossible to say now.... Anyway, I didn't think much of it at the time in terms of the theme of the visual, I was just amused that something so vivid was still happening, and among the imagery of it all there were actually very briefly little flame-like visuals that reminded me somewhat of LSD mixed in in random places.

T+6:05 - At this point I am super zonked.... I'm still working on that one beer, but it already combined with the opiate-like high has caused me to become incredibly sedated and out of it, and it seems like the psychedelic effects have finally pretty much vanished by this point. I wrote a little more in my notes, but it was all about taking alcohol, and I actually ended up taking a few shots after this over the next few hours and having a good time, but for the sake of the 4-HO-EPT report I will end it here.

So, like I said, ultimately it wasn't that crazy of an experience, but I do think it was notably specifically for how narcotic it was for me, and just wanted to get that perspective out there. Interestingly, the more I think about it and the more research I do, the more I see that this seems to be common with certain tryptamines.... Honestly, I have even described 4-HO-EPT as opiate-like in discussion before, but only made that judgement in retrospect, and never realized just how on I was at the time until now. I have also seen EPT be described as having an opiate-like body high, as well as heard others say similar things about 4-HO-DPT and DPT, and, most damningly of all, I myself have also written a report on 4-AcO-DALT called From New Perspectives wherein I specifically compared it to an opioid. However, with 4-AcO-DALT, that was because a paper had just come out showing that DALT-based tryptamines had some opioid receptor activity... so it seemed a bit different at the time, but notably, the feelings between these two trips were quite similar. Does 4-HO-EPT have any opioid activity? I certainly couldn't say, but I will say in retrospect that I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. I think that the feeling that these trips cause could probably also be explained by more common receptor activities, like high 5-HT1A receptor affinity or something, but I suppose we will have to wait and see what the research says about that. Regardless, it is an interesting perspective to be able to take on these psychedelics

Anyway, that's it for now!

substancecode_4hoept
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very interesting thanks for posting your experience. A psychedelic opioid feeling certainly does sound pretty cool but then again if I take a tryptamine I want to trip not mong out on the couch.

You're quite welcome, glad you found it interesting. :) Yeah, my sentiments exactly.... When I was first working with 4-HO-EPT, moving the dose up slowly to 100 mg, it was easier to overlook this quality because I kept thinking about what would happen at a higher dose more than the one I was on, and at the higher levels there was a decent amount of energy to overcome this as well, but the trip also got kind of weird and uncomfortable after a certain point. I like these lower doses more, but at the same time, now I do notice just how mongy they are.... I dosed this time hoping to have a typical tryptamine experience with some nice energy to dance to music and all that, and was kind of disappointed to have spent basically the whole thing in a chair, it didn't quite scratch that itch. Nonetheless, for what it is it's quite interesting, and I'll surely keep it around for whenever I do need a narcotic psychedelic.... I'm sure those times will come every so often. 8)

This thread might not be the appropriate place for my comment but wanted you to know that your ability to both explore these rare compounds and the quality of your trip reports are impressive and a joy to read. I feel exploring these compounds and giving in depth analysis on the effects is important and you are carrying on a psychonaut tradition that I used to be very involved in. I'm well versed in many psychs but I've never had the joy of testing 50% of the compounds you have so I can experience them in a way through the trip reports by you and others.

Well, thank you very much for that, it's greatly appreciated. :) I also feel that it's important for people to have as much information as they can on these chemicals before using them and integrate as many different perspectives as possible, and I'm more than willing to contribute my own voice to that in the process of working to improve my own life. And it makes me glad that you can enjoy my experiences vicariously even just for its own sake, that is certainly something I have always taken pleasure in and also owe to those who came and reported before me, so I'm happy to return the favor. :D

If you don't mind my asking, what psychedelics are you particularly experienced with?

My all time favorite and most used has been LSD. The most versatile beautiful experience I have ever had. Then of course many mushroom trips which are great as well. I started getting into the 2c's using 2c-e, 2c-t-4, 2c-t-2, 2c-i, 2c-p. I loved 2c-e the most by far but enjoyed 2c-i on a visual and euphoria level. Tried 25i-nbome and 25b-nbome which were crazy visually almost LSD quality but not too insightful. For tryptmaines I loved 4-aco-dmt with a passion for awhile and eventually tried DPT. DPT was a strange beast to me and almost certainly felt something almost sinister but was still beyond description which make it a good experience in my book. I tried 5-meo-dalt which wasn't really much of anything for me. My holy grail is to try DMT but never had the opportunity.

Awesome, thanks for the response. :)

Ah, yeah, LSD is my most used by far too, and definitely has had the largest impact on my life. It will always hold a special place in my heart. <3 I do still call it my favorite at the moment too, but I have so much more experience with it than anything else I've used that I'm hesitant to say anything too conclusive about it yet, and I have had a few other things come at least impressively close so far. The other lysergamides I've actually just more recently taken once each too and found to be particularly promising in some LSD-like ways that most other psychedelics don't really compare to, though they did have some body load that LSD usually doesn't for me. The ETH-LAD I didn't get too far out on yet, mostly what I got was just some vivid closed eye visuals at the peak, but what I saw was actually quite impressive: giant undulating ocean waves, hyperrealistic 3D spirals, and streaming conveyor belts all comprised of people imagery similar to what I get on full doses of LSD, but much more highly populated per scene, that could be zoomed into and start forming into dream-like scenes, though I wasn't quite able to push it to that level just yet. On AL-LAD the experience was lighter relative to ETH-LAD, but still quite heavy compared to many things, and I was tripping pretty hard; at the heaviest points the visuals were so strong that it was getting hard to see reality and what I could see was peeling away and being twisted and shaped in every which way, and there was a visionary quality highly reminiscent of LSD as well, as I felt myself shifting through different identities and feeling emotionally connected to them, and both visuals and actual objects around me were starting to form into faces and silhouettes. On both of these, the headspace was also relatively different from LSD, being fairly lacking in the manic euphoria and thought stimulation, but producing a very similar sort of meaningful dissociation and I'd imagine potentially some thought loops and such at higher doses. Pretty interesting stuff....

I'm jealous of your phenethylamine experience! I really started getting into the scene just a little too late to get to do much of that.... I've used 2C-B a couple times but only at 10 mg so I didn't get all that much out of it, though I have used 2C-I I want say nine-ish times and I would agree that it does produce nice visuals than euphoria, but I never found it that crazy as a psychedelic overall. 2C-E I am very excited for.... I did manage to get my hands on a couple doses worth of it, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. :) I also managed to get three doses of 2C-C, two doses of 2C-P, and one dose of 2C-T-2, so that should hopefully hold me over with my desires for phenethylamines for at least a little while. Strangely enough though, of them 2C-T-4 might be the one I actually have always wanted the most, haha; ah well. 2C-E is definitely my largest focus with them right now though, it certainly seems to have the most potential as a classical-feeling full-spectrum psychedelic from everything that I've heard about it.... I am trying to be cautious to make sure I wait for the perfect time to take it though since I'll only get a couple tries. I don't intend to ever try the NBOMes at this point with their track record, but I have heard that they can be pretty damn impressive with their visuals from others too, though also like you said somewhat lacking in depth. I do also have a handful of amphetamines to work with too which I am excited about, though also somewhat nervous since they're known for having heavier body loads. DOC was somewhat uncomfortable for me the one time I took it so far, but the visuals were impressive nonetheless, not as impressive as something like LSD or mushrooms I'd say but maybe at a higher dose, and there was a decent level of headspace compared to something like 2C-I, but still not much at the dose I took so far. I've also got DOB, DOPR, and DOiP sitting around, all of which I'm very much looking forward to work with.

On the whole though, tryptamines are definitely my favorites so far. :D I do like 4-AcO-DMT but feel I haven't gone too deep with it yet, so far it feels a lot like mushrooms to me but a bit calmer and smoother. I don't have a whole lot to work with but I'm hoping I can get something equivalent to a breakthrough dose of DMT out of it at least once. DPT I have not tried yet but I intend to soon.... I've definitely heard a lot of people describe that almost sinister feeling too, and that's something I've actually noticed to varying extents on some other synthetic tryptamines as well. I think 4-AcO-DET might be the most for me in that way so far; I once had very vivid hallucinations on it with eyes open of demons, goblins, skeletons, dark pyramids, decaying foliage, and religious themes like people with wings walking on water, which I've also heard described not uncommonly on DPT. It was pretty intense as it was already, definitely beyond description and still good as you say, but I am suspicious that DPT could be even more intense than it still with the reputation it has as being a powerful base tryptamine, so I'm definitely excited to see what it can do too. 5-MeO-DALT I've only tried once at 10 mg so far and it wasn't enough to get anything more than body effects out of, whereas that much of either 5-MeO-MiPT or 5-MeO-EiPT would be decently psychedelic for me, so I'm not holding my breath so far either, but we'll see. You definitely do need to try DMT if you do ever have the opportunity.... It's really the kind of thing that can only be understood through experience! And I can say that even without having had a full breakthrough experience, at least not what I would call one. I have used it several times despite that and it's always incredibly powerful, mind-boggling yet lucid, and heavy but gentle. I'm hoping to go for the complete breakthrough the next time I get to use it, but it's unfortunately been several years since I've had the opportunity myself....

I have recently begun exploring with some synthetic base tryptamines besides DPT, and more alike DMT in structure, and that has been rewarding so far; I actually used to think most about 4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-MET, and 4-HO-MiPT, in descending order of preference with the first one actually being my favorite research chemical so far, because they produce lots of beautiful hallucinations and interesting psychological effects at the same time as being therapeutic or medicinal and more functional and recreational, but as I've now tried each of their corresponding base tryptamines once I am becoming increasingly more suspicious that they are indeed the more profound of the pair in multiple ways and the better option when going for a more complete and heavy psychedelic experience à la LSD, and especially those with a methyl on their tail when going for a more classic psychedelic feeling like I personally enjoy. MiPT is the first one of those that I tried, and the one I've had the best trip on so far, it's actually one of the few other things I mentioned that I've tried that has at least come close to threatening LSD's top spot; the euphoria, especially when listening to music, was overwhelming on a level surpassing everything else and completely rivaling my best LSD trips ever, and the visuals were extremely thin, crisp, opaque, and vibrantly and diversely colorful just like a good LSD trip, though with open eyes they were only comparable to a moderately low level mushroom trip in intensity, but with them closed produced complex patterns and full 3D visionary imagery, and at one point even had a DMT-like experience of perceived entity interaction where my body dissolved leaving only my heart that I could see as an intricate biological clockwork machine and the people I was seeing in my visuals reached out and held it up to keep me safe and carry me up into the white light. Notably though, while I felt that MiPT produced everything that should be expected from a close analogue of DMT in intensity, its style was different enough that it didn't feel exactly like DMT, just closer than almost anything else, but I am curious if the breakthrough experience it produces will be more visionary like some other tryptamines than the pure sensory power of DMT.

The MET I have not tripped nearly as hard on yet, but notably even at the lower dose I have taken it produced the exact same sort of sensory visual overload for me as DMT when smoked, not exactly the same in superficial style but clearly close to the same intensity and potential, though maybe just a bit less, and was similarly smooth to DMT while lasting just a bit longer and being a little more hedonistic in its visionary experience and stimulating in its afterglow. MPT then I actually tried for the first time just a couple days ago, and while I still didn't trip as hard as on MiPT yet, I did trip harder than MET and hard enough to see that this one might be the strongest of all of them for me, definitely surpassing MET in intensity though being more different from DMT than MET, but still producing the same sort of visual overload while also having more dissociative visionary effects like I get from some other strong tryptamines than DMT and MET usually do for me, but it's also a bit heavier on my body than the others during the afterglow, which is otherwise quite nice, and the overall hallucinogenic trip lasts longer than theirs do too, the peak is a little longer than pretty much their whole duration and then the visuals take a little bit longer to slowly dwindle away. Despite the fact that it was a bit heavy, I'm really thinking that the MPT may turn out to be my favorite of them, because it really gave me the strongest visuals of any research chemical psychedelic I've tried and also had a lot of overlaps with 4-HO-MPT which as I've said is my favorite so far, but it remains to be seen.... I am definitely very interested in all the base tryptamines I have though, but would say that so far MPT and MET probably interest me the most, and followed by MiPT. The MET I'm mostly giving the benefit of the doubt from my own experience, but I have heard of good things from others like a family member who had a breakthrough-equivalent experience on it, so I have a good feeling that it will turn out to be quite satisfying for me too. So yeah, it definitely seems to me like these particular psychedelics may be especially capable of producing that full-bodied psychedelic experience we all look for from something like LSD compared to a lot of the ones that I have been taking, so I'm pretty excited to start increasing my experimentation with them and intend to start putting out more reports about them in the near future. :)

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling for now!

One quick note about 2c-e. To me it has a very neutral headspace and offers no euphoric push to help you down the path so to speak. It is a material for introspection and CEV landscapes. The OEV's in my opinion are nothing special at all and are in fact quite boring. First time I tried it at 20mg I disliked it and thought it was not that great. Second time I tried it at 27mg and aside from a body load this is where this substance blew me away. This time I closed my eyes, turned on no music and was alone. I was greeted with a fractal pattern completely foreign and unlike LSD or mushrooms or even 2c-t-2 for that matter. The shades of color were darker and shimmering and soon I was in an ancient village full of people and smells that were as real as I have ever felt from a dream or dreamstate. The trip focused on the concept of time and appreciating the vastness of this concept. I was able to medidate many different landscapes some surreal and others reality based whether past or present and it really was unique. It was the only PEA that allowed what I refer to as "reality creation" which normally LSD offers up as a main course. Every once in a while my body load would pull me out of my headspace and I would feel anxiety and the "What did I do to my body what did I ingest" thought loop we all know from heavy trips. I hope you get good use out of this compound that I feel is the shinning crown of the 2c's(out of the ones I've tried). One quick note is that I feel that LSD helps to shape all of my subsequent trips and I believe that once certain mental pathways are opened and you learn how to use your mediation skills that certain things are easier to do while tripping. Sometimes I get super trippy dead sober :)

A very nice TR, Kaleida, thank you, I've enjoyed reading it! ;)

Thanks for dutifully documenting all your experiences with this compound for us. I must say, given how much I love the speedy hypomanic stimulation that I get on psychedelics like 4-AcO-MiPT, I can't say this report makes me all that eager to dig out my bag of 4-HO-EPT, lol. But, maybe in the right conditions, it might do the trick. Hey, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled sooner or later -- maybe instead of taking an opiate for the pain during recovery, I'll go for something a little trippier, and dose some 4-HO-EPT? Haha.

I am quite certain that the opioidergic mechanism of 4-HO-EPT must be shared with DPT... Here's an old report on vaporized DPT that I posted on the forum in 2012, comparing it to heroin (despite never having taken an opioid at the time):

I took six or seven sizable hits, in a row. At first, I just felt a nondescript rush of intoxication. Then, my vision went blurry, and my thoughts seemed to be relaxed and washed away, and I just started quivering, shaking. Not in an anxious way -- in a cold-trying-to-get-warm way. I sat there shivering for a good five minutes or so, and as the shivering continued, a powerful warm glow spread throughout my entire body. It was as if the intense shivering were giving me a thorough, full-body massage, and any tension that may have existed anywhere in my body was eased.

Afterward, I felt sedated and highly euphoric, exactly like I imagine drugs like heroin to feel. Like the feeling of sitting in front of ruby red, glowing coals, on a cold wintery night, after a hearty meal. In fact, I felt so good, that I almost didn't notice the transition into orgasm.

You're quite welcome, glad you found it interesting. :) Yeah, my sentiments exactly.... When I was first working with 4-HO-EPT, moving the dose up slowly to 100 mg, it was easier to overlook this quality because I kept thinking about what would happen at a higher dose more than the one I was on, and at the higher levels there was a decent amount of energy to overcome this as well, but the trip also got kind of weird and uncomfortable after a certain point. I like these lower doses more, but at the same time, now I do notice just how mongy they are.... I dosed this time hoping to have a typical tryptamine experience with some nice energy to dance to music and all that, and was kind of disappointed to have spent basically the whole thing in a chair, it didn't quite scratch that itch. Nonetheless, for what it is it's quite interesting, and I'll surely keep it around for whenever I do need a narcotic psychedelic.... I'm sure those times will come every so often. 8)

Great report. I am going find out more about this.

One quick note about 2c-e. To me it has a very neutral headspace and offers no euphoric push to help you down the path so to speak. It is a material for introspection and CEV landscapes. The OEV's in my opinion are nothing special at all and are in fact quite boring. First time I tried it at 20mg I disliked it and thought it was not that great. Second time I tried it at 27mg and aside from a body load this is where this substance blew me away. This time I closed my eyes, turned on no music and was alone. I was greeted with a fractal pattern completely foreign and unlike LSD or mushrooms or even 2c-t-2 for that matter. The shades of color were darker and shimmering and soon I was in an ancient village full of people and smells that were as real as I have ever felt from a dream or dreamstate. The trip focused on the concept of time and appreciating the vastness of this concept. I was able to medidate many different landscapes some surreal and others reality based whether past or present and it really was unique. It was the only PEA that allowed what I refer to as "reality creation" which normally LSD offers up as a main course. Every once in a while my body load would pull me out of my headspace and I would feel anxiety and the "What did I do to my body what did I ingest" thought loop we all know from heavy trips. I hope you get good use out of this compound that I feel is the shinning crown of the 2c's(out of the ones I've tried). One quick note is that I feel that LSD helps to shape all of my subsequent trips and I believe that once certain mental pathways are opened and you learn how to use your mediation skills that certain things are easier to do while tripping. Sometimes I get super trippy dead sober :)

Sorry it took me forever to get back to this, I've been busy moving to a new apartment and working more hours and kind of let some things slip; trying to get caught up on it all now.

I very much appreciate this insight, and it will surely be very helpful to me in my upcoming 2C-E experiences. :) The way you describe it sounds fantastic.... You particularly got me with the mention of the smells, as one of my very favorite things about a truly vivid dream state is how it starts to extend past the audiovisual domain; some of my best "altered" state memories are of simply sitting in open fields and feeling the grass between my toes and fingers in lucid dreams.... A neutral headspace is fine with me too, particularly these days I am more interested in going deep than having tons of fun (not that it can't be a great bonus), and I'm definitely willing to stick to that mindset for something as great sounding as what you've described. I really hope I will find it the same now, that "reality creation" is also something I very much treasure in my psychedelics....

I also very much relate with what you say at the end.... All of my trips feel like they build off each other in some ways and leave me with new levels of awareness about myself, but LSD in particular really did and does seem to open me up in ways that others have generally not so much, it's an incredible psychotherapeutic and psychoanautic tool. :) I will say that ETH-LAD and AL-LAD seem like they may touch upon some of the same activity for me too though, I'm definitely very curious to dig deeper with those ones....

A very nice TR, Kaleida, thank you, I've enjoyed reading it! ;)

You're very welcome, Volsam, and thank you too! I'm glad that enjoyed my writing and I appreciate that you keep checking it out, I'm happy to know that my reporting comes off well. :)

Thanks for dutifully documenting all your experiences with this compound for us. I must say, given how much I love the speedy hypomanic stimulation that I get on psychedelics like 4-AcO-MiPT, I can't say this report makes me all that eager to dig out my bag of 4-HO-EPT, lol. But, maybe in the right conditions, it might do the trick. Hey, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled sooner or later -- maybe instead of taking an opiate for the pain during recovery, I'll go for something a little trippier, and dose some 4-HO-EPT? Haha.

I am quite certain that the opioidergic mechanism of 4-HO-EPT must be shared with DPT... Here's an old report on vaporized DPT that I posted on the forum in 2012, comparing it to heroin (despite never having taken an opioid at the time):

You're quite welcome, as always I'm happy to contribute my observations and thoughts. :) And 4-HO-EPT in particular is one psychedelic I really enjoy doing that with, it kind of brought this side of me back out again after getting to work up with it at so many doses when it was so new and unknown.

Yeah, I do love that speedy mania too, so in the future I probably will still stick largely to trying to find the perfect dose of 4-HO-EPT to allow the stimulating effects to overpower the sedation without it becoming a little too overloaded like my 100 mg experience. You're on your own as far as trying 4-HO-EPT actually for pain goes, but let me know how it is. X) I'm not convinced it will be as effective as an opioid just because it feels like one, but it would quite interesting if it were.

And yeah, that does sound quite like it on the DPT.... My experiences with 4-HO-DPT have some effects resembling this as well, so I really wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that they apply to DPT too. I'm very interested to see how that will turn out for myself too, since I imagine DPT will probably be a stronger hallucinogen than these 4-substituted tryptamines are for me and I could see that shifting my perception and appreciation of the opioid-like effects in various ways....

Great report. I am going find out more about this.

Thanks, glad you liked it! :) It's pretty unique, but a lot of people seem to like it in its own unique way so far from what I've seen. If you do check it out, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it too!